Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cylons by Class: Cover the classes, find the Cylons ( Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Sharon is "Number 12", not because she's the 'best', as such, but because she was designed to fulfill one of the needs the Cylons recognised last. In The Farm, Boomer says that the Cylons realized "maybe the one thing they were missing was love." This implies that the Cylons were already well into the humanoid program before coming to this decision. The fact that Boomer seems designed to feel and inspire love (even Adama seems to have loved her like a daughter) makes me think she was prototyped *after* the decision to introduce love into Cylon psychology, not before it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
      I think Sharon is "Number 12", not because she's the 'best', as such, but because she was designed to fulfill one of the needs the Cylons recognised last. In The Farm, Boomer says that the Cylons realized "maybe the one thing they were missing was love." This implies that the Cylons were already well into the humanoid program before coming to this decision. The fact that Boomer seems designed to feel and inspire love (even Adama seems to have loved her like a daughter) makes me think she was prototyped *after* the decision to introduce love into Cylon psychology, not before it.
      But why would they make her with such a flawed design.... unless love means flaws! Or something...
      Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

The more complicated/advanced something is, the more likely it is to go wrong in unexpected ways. I think the Cylons liked the *idea* of Love but weren't quite prepared for the fact that a being designed to love and empathise with other living things isn't going to act in quite the way they'd like it to.

Boomer is from Troy
        But Troy is a city. It's thought to be on Aerelon by fans, but I'm not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkface217
          But why would they make her with such a flawed design.... unless love means flaws! Or something...
          The only ones to call her model flawed were two jealous Sixes (one of whom may not be a Six at all).

Comment

Maybe so, but boomer is still strong, but want they call the flaw seems to make her more human
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

It's entirely possible that while there are 12 models, there exists 16 personality types, and no one model is limited to one personality.

Just like us.

We see personality types in all cultures, with examples of them more-or-less quantifiable under what's commonly called the 'Briggs-Myer Type Indicator'.

I wrote a program back in the 90's for a dating website that used this system. It's suprising accurate.

Here's a great article from Wikipedia on the subject:Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

Couple of points here:
              1. there are disputes as to the validity of this technique
              2. some say - there are 9 types
              3. there are at least 2 pseudo religions which quantify 12 types (but even these make references to up to 4 'deviant' or 'outside' personality types)
              4. like anything else you read in a forum, don't take this too seriously

SO here's my thoughts: there are 12 models of clones. 12+1(god) = 13 - a prime number.. There are 256 variations, based on the common 16 personalities. 256 +1 (god) = 257 - also a prime number. Bwah-ha-ha...

Enough with the messing....

It would be too easy - too simplistic to assume only 12 archtype personalities. Humans develop differently, based on surroundings. Downloaded cylons share information (this we know), but not necessarily experiences - otherwise all cylon pilots would be 'Scar'. Therefore it's easy to assume that they would develop distinct personalities - and hence thier inherent 'human' weaknesses, flaws, and maybe even dissenters!

... still like my prime number theory best.

enjoy!

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie
                It's entirely possible that while there are 12 models, there exists 16 personality types, and no one model is limited to one personality.

Just like us.

We see personality types in all cultures, with examples of them more-or-less quantifiable under what's commonly called the 'Briggs-Myer Type Indicator'.

I wrote a program back in the 90's for a dating website that used this system. It's suprising accurate.

Here's a great article from Wikipedia on the subject:Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

Couple of points here:
                1. there are disputes as to the validity of this technique
                2. some say - there are 9 types
                3. there are at least 2 pseudo religions which quantify 12 types (but even these make references to up to 4 'deviant' or 'outside' personality types)
                4. like anything else you read in a forum, don't take this too seriously

SO here's my thoughts: there are 12 models of clones. 12+1(god) = 13 - a prime number.. There are 256 variations, based on the common 16 personalities. 256 +1 (god) = 257 - also a prime number. Bwah-ha-ha...

Enough with the messing....

It would be too easy - too simplistic to assume only 12 archtype personalities. Humans develop differently, based on surroundings. Downloaded cylons share information (this we know), but not necessarily experiences - otherwise all cylon pilots would be 'Scar'. Therefore it's easy to assume that they would develop distinct personalities - and hence thier inherent 'human' weaknesses, flaws, and maybe even dissenters!

... still like my prime number theory best.

enjoy!
                huh?
                Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                  huh?

Yeah, agreed. Went way above my head.....

What about the character Dean Stockwell will play (soon, I might add)? What would he be?
                  Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie

enjoy!
                    So is the god here Baltar or the cylon baby? And there for represent Earth.
                    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze
                      So is the god here Baltar or the cylon baby? And there for represent Earth.

The baby can't be God..... maybe the baby is like Jesus.

Comment

So

D'Anna = 3
                        Sharon = 8
                        Doral = 5

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                          huh?

Sorry about the post. It was a little too 'involved'.

The Briggs-Meyer 'test' is a way of categorizing personalities. It's arguably the best way of identifying how you interact with others. Translated into english - if you are type 'X', you work really well with 'Y' type persons, but not 'Z' type persons. It then goes in detail to tell you HOW to deal with conflicts.

Many managers use it to deal with Human resources issues.

My 'riff' is that the numbers of players in the cylon puzzle match prime numbers. This can be a complete coincidence. Otherwise this is begining to sound like an episode of lost.

My point is that there are likely as many difference cylon personalities as you would find in humanity.

Sorry for the confusion!

But the baby - as Jesus - that's a stretch.

I think our Baltar is human. But he has/will have a Cylon counterpart. Of this, I am convinced.

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

The arrogant, womanizing *******?

Comment

Working...
                            X