Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cylons by Class: Cover the classes, find the Cylons ( Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leoban (Copy 2) was the cylon that Starbuck tortured and Roslin tossed out of the airlock in Season One. He discussed the "Circle of Life" with Starbuck telling her that the last time they had met he had been the inquisitor and she the victim. Starbuck could not be sure how much, if any of what he said was true. He was like an Oracle. He also told Roslin that Adama was a cylon.

Comment

Originally posted by Astaire310
      Leoban (Copy 2) was the cylon that Starbuck tortured and Roslin tossed out of the airlock in Season One. He discussed the "Circle of Life" with Starbuck telling her that the last time they had met he had been the inquisitor and she the victim. Starbuck could not be sure how much, if any of what he said was true. He was like an Oracle. He also told Roslin that Adama was a cylon.

Regardless of what he did or didn't say, Leoben is a Cylon, we saw the first on Ragnar, another 3 at Ragnar again a few hours later, and the last we saw was the one in the Astral Queen.

Comment

Here's my write-up:

1. "Aaron" is derived from "Aries." Aries is associated with the gift of God, which is speech, and Aaron Doral is a PR guy. So, Aaron Doral's model = Aries the Ram = Number One.

Aries. Symbol: The Ram. Key Phrases: I Am, I Do. Key Word: Activity. Tribe: Gad.
        Disposition: Cardinal (creative). Element: Fire. Planet: Mars. Archangel: Malahidiel.
        Virtue: Courage. Vice: Wrath. Jungian Archetype: The Regular Guy.

3. "Simon" is derived from the tribe of "Simeon," one of the twelve tribes of Israel. Simeon is associated with Gemini. So, Simon's model = Gemini the Twins = Number Three.

Gemini. Symbol: The Twins. Key Phrases: I Think, I Communicate. Key Word: Versatility.
        Tribe: Simeon. Disposition: Mutable (changeable). Element: Air.
        Planet: Mercury. Archangel: Ambriel. Virtue: Agility. Vice: Lies. Jungian Archetype: The Caregiver.

5. "Leobon" is derived from "Leo." "Leobon Conroy" means "Leo the King." One of Leo's key phrases is "I Give" and Leobon had a "gift" for Kara. So, Leobon Conroy's model = Leo the Lion = Number Five.

Leo. Symbol: The Lion. Key Phrases: I Will, I Give. Key Word: (Personal)Magnetism. Tribe: Judah.
        Disposition: Fixed (determined). Element: Fire. Planet: The Sun. Archangel: Verchiel. Virtue: Vigor.
        Vice: Gluttony. Jungian Archetype: The Sage.

6. Number Six (Natasi, Shelly Godfrey, and Gina's model) = Virgo the Virgin, of course. "Gina" is short for "Virginia," which means "the maiden." "Godfrey" means "Peace of God," evoking an angel or Madonna. Natasi also claims to be the mother (virginal in a sense) of the hybrid baby. "Natasi" is a bit similar to the tribe of "Naphtali," which is associated with Virgo. One of Virgo's key phrases is "I Help" and Natasi "helps" Baltar frequently, in rather interesting ways.
        Also, "Natasi" backwards makes "I, Satan" and Six, as a contraction of 666, is a number associated with Lucifer. Is Natasi a fallen angel?

Virgo. Symbol: The Virgin. Key Phrases: I Analyze, I Help. Key Word: Practicality. Tribe: Naphtali. Disposition: Mutable (changeable). Element: Earth Planet: Mercury. Archangel: Hamaliel.
        Virtue: Creation/Destruction. Vice: Power. Jungian Archetype: The Lover.

8. "D'anna" is derived from the tribe of "Dan," which is associated with Scorpio. “Dan” means “to judge or vindicate.” "Biers" is derived from the archangel "Barchiel," also associated with Scorpio. According to Lucy Lawless, under her veneer of sophistication D'anna is a vicious (stinging?) animal. So, D'anna Biers' model = Scorpio the Scorpion = Number Eight.

Scorpio. Symbol: The Scorpion. Key Phrases: I Desire, I Eliminate. Key Word: Intensity. Tribe: Dan. Disposition: Fixed (determined). Element: Water. Planet: Pluto. Archangel: Barchiel.
        Virtue: Versatility. Vice: Paranoia. Jungian Archetype: The Jester.

10. "Sharon" means "fertile field" or "princess." “Fertile field” refers to Caprica Sharon’s pregnancy, and in Hebrew Capricorn is symbolized by the Kid (the baby goat.) “Princess” fits Caprica, the most prominent Colony. Caprica was also the home of Gaius Baltar, whom Caprica Sharon is the opposite of (the human gone over to the Cylon side, the Cylon gone over to the human side, and both have a connection to the hybrid baby). "Valerii" means "a warrior or rebel, valiant." Capricorn is associated with the tribe of Zebulun, which is connected with marriage. So, Sharon Valerii/Boomer’s model = Capricorn the Goat = Number Ten. Capricorn is also associated with the archangel Hanael, one of the rulers of the seven heavens and an angel connected with sexuality. Capricorn = goats = satyrs = Saturn, all of which are related to sexuality and procreation.
        In relation to Galactica Sharon, “Sharon” is similar to “sharain”: in Arabic myth, a voice that tells one to do bad things (the devil on one’s shoulder often seen on TV) and “Valerii” is similar to “Valium” and "Valerian" sleeping aides. “Boomer” is a slang term for synthetic lifeforms in the anime series “Bubblegum Crisis.”

Capricorn. Symbol: The Goat. Key Phrases: I Use, I Organize. Key Word: Ambition. Tribe: Zebulun. Disposition: Cardinal (creative). Element: Earth. Planet: Saturn. Archangel: Hanael. Virtue: Wisdom. Vice: Fear. Jungian Archetype: The Innocent.

9??? The Arrow of Apollo fits the statue of Sagittarius. Sagittarians are supposed to be idealistic and have a passion for justice, as is the associated archangel Advachiel. The Lagoon Nebula, which Lee Adama pointed out on the Star Map in the Tomb of Athena, is “in” Sagittarius in the modern era although at that time it was “in” Scorpio. Sagittarius is associated with the tribe of Benjamin. “Benjamin” means “son of my right hand.” Apollo is the son of Zeus/Jupiter. So, Lee Adama/Apollo may = Sagittarius the Archer = Number Nine.

Sagittarius. Symbol: The Archer. Key Phrases: I Understand, I Sacrifice. Key Word: Visualization. Tribe: Benjamin. Disposition: Mutable. Element: Fire. Planet: Jupiter. Archangel: Advachiel.
        Virtue: Leadership. Vice: Lust. Jungian Archetype: The Hero.

Numbers Two, Four, and Twelve (women) and Seven, Nine, and Eleven (men) remain unrevealed.

For the Jungian Archetypes, my list presumes that none of the Cylons we have seen so far is The Ruler. If I had to guess, my gut instict would be Sharon. D'anna is a maybe.

Comment

except that i don't think any adama is a cylon, very nice post

Comment

BubblingOverWithIdeas, nice post. I really like the idea that the 12 cylon models are related to the 12 colonies, and want to thump myself for not thinking of it.

Comment

I tend to think of the Cylons as each replicating a function of human behaviour, rather than professions.

Six = Sex
              Lebonan = Faith
              Doral = Rationality
              Boomer = Love
              Simon = Reproduction

I haven't seen past that yet, so I can't say what the others will be. I'd say we're due a completely hate-obsessed Cylon, though and one preoccupied with the arts.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                BubblingOverWithIdeas, nice post. I really like the idea that the 12 cylon models are related to the 12 colonies, and want to thump myself for not thinking of it.
                RDM first suggested it in his Blog, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain
                  I tend to think of the Cylons as each replicating a function of human behaviour, rather than professions.

Six = Sex
                  Lebonan = Faith
                  Doral = Rationality
                  Boomer = Love
                  Simon = Reproduction

I haven't seen past that yet, so I can't say what the others will be. I'd say we're due a completely hate-obsessed Cylon, though and one preoccupied with the arts.
                  Well, then Lee would = Family. Hard to pin D'anna down. An artsy Cylon would be a nice thing to see.

Comment

After reading that interview, I think Biers = Order.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                      Here's my write-up:

1. "Aaron" is derived from "Aries." Aries is associated with the gift of God, which is speech, and Aaron Doral is a PR guy. So, Aaron Doral's model = Aries the Ram = Number One.

Aries. Symbol: The Ram. Key Phrases: I Am, I Do. Key Word: Activity. Tribe: Gad.
                      Disposition: Cardinal (creative). Element: Fire. Planet: Mars. Archangel: Malahidiel.
                      Virtue: Courage. Vice: Wrath. Jungian Archetype: The Regular Guy.

3. "Simon" is derived from the tribe of "Simeon," one of the twelve tribes of Israel. Simeon is associated with Gemini. So, Simon's model = Gemini the Twins = Number Three.

Gemini. Symbol: The Twins. Key Phrases: I Think, I Communicate. Key Word: Versatility.
                      Tribe: Simeon. Disposition: Mutable (changeable). Element: Air.
                      Planet: Mercury. Archangel: Ambriel. Virtue: Agility. Vice: Lies. Jungian Archetype: The Caregiver.

5. "Leobon" is derived from "Leo." "Leobon Conroy" means "Leo the King." One of Leo's key phrases is "I Give" and Leobon had a "gift" for Kara. So, Leobon Conroy's model = Leo the Lion = Number Five.

Leo. Symbol: The Lion. Key Phrases: I Will, I Give. Key Word: (Personal)Magnetism. Tribe: Judah.
                      Disposition: Fixed (determined). Element: Fire. Planet: The Sun. Archangel: Verchiel. Virtue: Vigor.
                      Vice: Gluttony. Jungian Archetype: The Sage.

6. Number Six (Natasi, Shelly Godfrey, and Gina's model) = Virgo the Virgin, of course. "Gina" is short for "Virginia," which means "the maiden." "Godfrey" means "Peace of God," evoking an angel or Madonna. Natasi also claims to be the mother (virginal in a sense) of the hybrid baby. "Natasi" is a bit similar to the tribe of "Naphtali," which is associated with Virgo. One of Virgo's key phrases is "I Help" and Natasi "helps" Baltar frequently, in rather interesting ways.
                      Also, "Natasi" backwards makes "I, Satan" and Six, as a contraction of 666, is a number associated with Lucifer. Is Natasi a fallen angel?

Virgo. Symbol: The Virgin. Key Phrases: I Analyze, I Help. Key Word: Practicality. Tribe: Naphtali. Disposition: Mutable (changeable). Element: Earth Planet: Mercury. Archangel: Hamaliel.
                      Virtue: Creation/Destruction. Vice: Power. Jungian Archetype: The Lover.

8. "D'anna" is derived from the tribe of "Dan," which is associated with Scorpio. “Dan” means “to judge or vindicate.” "Biers" is derived from the archangel "Barchiel," also associated with Scorpio. According to Lucy Lawless, under her veneer of sophistication D'anna is a vicious (stinging?) animal. So, D'anna Biers' model = Scorpio the Scorpion = Number Eight.

Scorpio. Symbol: The Scorpion. Key Phrases: I Desire, I Eliminate. Key Word: Intensity. Tribe: Dan. Disposition: Fixed (determined). Element: Water. Planet: Pluto. Archangel: Barchiel.
                      Virtue: Versatility. Vice: Paranoia. Jungian Archetype: The Jester.

10. "Sharon" means "fertile field" or "princess." “Fertile field” refers to Caprica Sharon’s pregnancy, and in Hebrew Capricorn is symbolized by the Kid (the baby goat.) “Princess” fits Caprica, the most prominent Colony. Caprica was also the home of Gaius Baltar, whom Caprica Sharon is the opposite of (the human gone over to the Cylon side, the Cylon gone over to the human side, and both have a connection to the hybrid baby). "Valerii" means "a warrior or rebel, valiant." Capricorn is associated with the tribe of Zebulun, which is connected with marriage. So, Sharon Valerii/Boomer’s model = Capricorn the Goat = Number Ten. Capricorn is also associated with the archangel Hanael, one of the rulers of the seven heavens and an angel connected with sexuality. Capricorn = goats = satyrs = Saturn, all of which are related to sexuality and procreation.
                      In relation to Galactica Sharon, “Sharon” is similar to “sharain”: in Arabic myth, a voice that tells one to do bad things (the devil on one’s shoulder often seen on TV) and “Valerii” is similar to “Valium” and "Valerian" sleeping aides. “Boomer” is a slang term for synthetic lifeforms in the anime series “Bubblegum Crisis.”

Capricorn. Symbol: The Goat. Key Phrases: I Use, I Organize. Key Word: Ambition. Tribe: Zebulun. Disposition: Cardinal (creative). Element: Earth. Planet: Saturn. Archangel: Hanael. Virtue: Wisdom. Vice: Fear. Jungian Archetype: The Innocent.

9??? The Arrow of Apollo fits the statue of Sagittarius. Sagittarians are supposed to be idealistic and have a passion for justice, as is the associated archangel Advachiel. The Lagoon Nebula, which Lee Adama pointed out on the Star Map in the Tomb of Athena, is “in” Sagittarius in the modern era although at that time it was “in” Scorpio. Sagittarius is associated with the tribe of Benjamin. “Benjamin” means “son of my right hand.” Apollo is the son of Zeus/Jupiter. So, Lee Adama/Apollo may = Sagittarius the Archer = Number Nine.

Sagittarius. Symbol: The Archer. Key Phrases: I Understand, I Sacrifice. Key Word: Visualization. Tribe: Benjamin. Disposition: Mutable. Element: Fire. Planet: Jupiter. Archangel: Advachiel.
                      Virtue: Leadership. Vice: Lust. Jungian Archetype: The Hero.

Numbers Two, Four, and Twelve (women) and Seven, Nine, and Eleven (men) remain unrevealed.

For the Jungian Archetypes, my list presumes that none of the Cylons we have seen so far is The Ruler. If I had to guess, my gut instict would be Sharon. D'anna is a maybe.

Wow, excellent post. This brings up some valid points.

However, I have a few questions:

1. What planet did Boomer say she was from? I mean, it would be stupid if she was sorta modeled after the 12 planets but not from the planet she was modeled after. Just saying....

2. Where would the doctor, reporter, and *SPOILERS BELOW* Highlight

Peace Emissary, played by Dean Stockwell. He will appear later this season.

^^^ Where would the doctor, reporter, and the other person fit into this general diagram?

3. What if more Cylons are needed?
                      Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Boomer is from Troy

Comment

Remember folks.....Six said "by your command" to Sharon in the pilot.....

In the series....Sharon is blessed among Cylon women in giving birth to "the" child...

In the Final cut episode Sharon sat in the center of her two Cylon friends...

I think since Sharon is experiencing more human emotions....,is because she
                          is in fact the closest one to being the imperious leader, with Six and (edit)Doral as her chief advisors..IMO.

Of course the other 2 may have "ambitions" of their own later on the show
                          with Sharon....who is getting way to cozy with the humans.
                          Last edited by dec55; 18 February 2006, 07:51 PM.
                          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Do you mean Doral, rather than Leobon? Sharon was sitting with Six and Doral.

Boomer's backstory was that she came from Troy, an Aerilonian mining colony. Doral claimed to be from Caprica. But their personalities don't match those signs. We should keep in mind that different copies of the same model would have been placed on different planets.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                              Do you mean Doral, rather than Leobon? Sharon was sitting with Six and Doral.

Boomer's backstory was that she came from Troy, an Aerilonian mining colony. Doral claimed to be from Caprica. But their personalities don't match those signs. We should keep in mind that different copies of the same model would have been placed on different planets.

Yeah, I meant Doral.....
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                                Remember folks.....Six said "by your command" to Sharon in the pilot.....

In the series....Sharon is blessed among Cylon women in giving birth to "the" child...

In the Final cut episode Sharon sat in the center of her two Cylon friends...

I think since Sharon is experiencing more human emotions....,is because she
                                is in fact the closest one to being the imperious leader, with Six and (edit)Doral as her chief advisors..IMO.

Of course the other 2 may have "ambitions" of their own later on the show
                                with Sharon....who is getting way to cozy with the humans.

I don't think this fits because Sharon is supposedly the "weakest" Cylon because she is the most human. I would also agree that she is weak, but the weakest? I can see her being the first Cylon (humanoid) because she's so flawed. Just not the leader/best.....
                                Fan of Sci Fi Fridays..... and I predict that Cally is a Cylon (but she doesn't know it, yet).

Comment

Working...
                                X