The Roslin/Adama Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKO
    hows bout a prezzy.... SPOILERY FOR S2, you have been warned... still wanna see it... okay.. follow the linky to the pretty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...maroslinwp.jpg

and with that i think its time to go to bed 110am... yes sleepy time.
    BEAUTIFUL WP!!! And w/ my fav pic right "smack" dab in the middle. Pardon the pun.

Anyway glad you could joing us Easter Lily, if Resurrection Ship pts 1&2 dosn't make a shipper out of anybody, I don't know what will!!!!

Comment

thx
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
        thx
        Welcome, I'm just anxiously awaiting Friday. The closer it gets the more I feel like I get excited. I'm so not going to be able to contain myself from 10 to 11pm Friday night let me tell you now. I may need to be sedated

Comment

oh thats 8PM MDT im gonna be off the frakkin' wall, with a repeat at 11PM MDT, then again at 9PM MDT on mon nite... woot (yea i been countin' time down to see that eppy)
          sigpic

Comment

Entertainment weekly has BSG listed among its top shows to watch on Friday (again, it was on the list last week) along with a very simple plot/spoiler lines
            http://www.ew.com/ew/listing/tv/wtw/...ri_3__,00.html

The part bout Roslin and Adama got a chuckle out of me.
            ...but now I know
            That twenty centuries of stony sleep
            Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
            And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
            Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

Originally posted by Speakfire
              Entertainment weekly has BSG listed among its top shows to watch on Friday (again, it was on the list last week) along with a very simple plot/spoiler lines
              http://www.ew.com/ew/listing/tv/wtw/...ri_3__,00.html

The part bout Roslin and Adama got a chuckle out of me.
              OOOO, thanks for the link, didn't know about that. Love that littlw snippet. See, even Entertainment Weekley are shippers!! Everybody sees it!!!
              "WooHOO Their in Love" *sorry I've just had way too much coffee today*

Comment

I don't know what I'm looking forward to more on Friday,
                Spoiler:
                the conclusion with Cain or what happens between Adama and Roslin. I'm practically giddy with excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  I don't know what I'm looking forward to more on Friday,
                  Spoiler:
                  the conclusion with Cain or what happens between Adama and Roslin. I'm practically giddy with excitement.
                  For me, definitly A/R. Its all about them. The rest are in the background. I like the rest of the characters too don't get me wrong their fantastic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    ... That scene in The Resurrection Ship Part 1 was one of the best things in the episode...
                    You are absolutely right.

And it struck me in a strange way. I know that, in every way that counts, they are each other's equal, partners in the truest sense. Yet I also know they haven't known each other for that long. Although their extrordinary circumstances might have facilitated a certain degree of emotional intimacy, I would not have expected the level of familiarity they exhibited in that scene. Nonetheless, the superb performance by EJO and MM totally convinced me that their characters were indeed old friends. We are so lucky to have them.

I do have a question, though. How do y'all anticipate their potentially romantic relationship to impact their professional relationship, or the fleet's perception thereof?
                    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Well, if I wasn't a Roslin/Adama shipper before, I am now... That scene in The Resurrection Ship Part 1 was one of the best things in the episode...
                      Yep, that was wonderful. I was so touched by that scene by her bed. It was just lovely. Certainly wouldn't have predicted that at the start of the season. That's what I like about this show - they manage to surprise me. Liebestraume's right - EJO and MM played it perfectly, being the award-winning actors that they are.

Originally posted by Liebestraume
                      I do have a question, though. How do y'all anticipate their potentially romantic relationship to impact their professional relationship, or the fleet's perception thereof?
                      Interesting question. Of course I'm not sure there WILL be a romantic relationship, in spite of the spoiler pic above.

If there is - I think it will be very subtle, very discreet. More along the lines of early Sheridan/Delenn from Babylon 5. They would rely upon each other more for mutual support than anything. Bound by their mutual duties to the fleet, I expect any personal relationship between them would take a back seat. And I think the fleet will be unaware of any romantic relationship - if that develops.

At least until Ron Moore needs to up the angst a little more. Then it could all hit the fan and Adama could be faced with sacrificing Roslin to save the fleet or something. You never know with this show.

First we've got to keep Roslin from dying. No way this show should ever lose EJO or MM. That would be a sad day.
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume

You are absolutely right.

I also think if they do become involed, it won't happen overnight, it will be gradual, and when it does become serious, it will be in seceret. Very hush hush. Lots of sneaking around. Could you imagine all the contriversy that would cause!!! I can't wait to see what will develop (hopefully something positive) awwww.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                          Interesting question. Of course I'm not sure there WILL be a romantic relationship, in spite of the spoiler pic above.
                          Agreed, and I'm not so sure how I feel about a canon Adama/Roslin ship. I've been disappointed by ship teasings on both SG1 and Atlantis that seem to detract from the show instead of strengthening it. This is a completely different PTB though, and I think if anyone can pull off good canon ship on Friday night it's these guys.

If there is - I think it will be very subtle, very discreet. More along the lines of early Sheridan/Delenn from Babylon 5. They would rely upon each other more for mutual support than anything. Bound by their mutual duties to the fleet, I expect any personal relationship between them would take a back seat. And I think the fleet will be unaware of any romantic relationship - if that develops.
                          Yeah, if Adama and Roslin did develop a personal relationship they would both be professional and keep it discreet. Think of all the political enemies of Roslin who would love the chance to flay her if they found out that she had feelings for the fleet commander. Both Adama and Roslin would be fully aware of the potential problems with a relationship and would proceed with plenty of caution. While the idea of those two walking the hallways holding hands is somewhat cute, it's not very realistic.

At least until Ron Moore needs to up the angst a little more. Then it could all hit the fan and Adama could be faced with sacrificing Roslin to save the fleet or something. You never know with this show.

First we've got to keep Roslin from dying. No way this show should ever lose EJO or MM. That would be a sad day.
                          Unfortunately, I have a feeling that there's going to be a tragic ending here. I'd just like to see them happy with the little time that they probably have together.

I'm really dreading the possibility of MM leaving the show. Not just for the ship, mind you, but because her character is so fascinating and MM plays her to a T. The prophecy does say "the leader suffered a wasting disease and would not live to enter the new land", but I like to couple that with RM's statement that BSG will never find Earth. Therefore, Roslin is going to live forever.

Comment

I'm going to try to stay optimistic and hope that both MM and her character is in for the long haul. Despite what the prohecy says. Lets hope that part of it was wrong!!

Comment

Then I guess I’m evil for saying that I hope during some point in the show down the road, they carry out what they started with Roslin. If everyone lived happily ever after in the end I’d feel slighted because I don’t want some miracle cure-all that takes away that story line completely. Not that I so much care if some obscure prophesy is carried out but her illness has shaped her character and had such an impact, that to magically wave a hand and have it disappear isn’t cool with me.

Key words there are “down the road”, i.e. near the end of the show’s run. The show can’t afford to loose the character now.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                                Then I guess I’m evil for saying that I hope during some point in the show down the road, they carry out what they started with Roslin. If everyone lived happily ever after in the end I’d feel slighted because I don’t want some miracle cure-all that takes away that story line completely. Not that I so much care if some obscure prophesy is carried out but her illness has shaped her character and had such an impact, that to magically wave a hand and have it disappear isn’t cool with me.

Key words there are “down the road”, i.e. near the end of the show’s run. The show can’t afford to loose the character now.
                                I can see your POV and I respect it! But I don't feel the same way. I just so love her character that I would hate to see something happen to her (meaning die). But I can understand how you feel .
                                BTW I like your SIG!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X