• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Finale SPOILERS

Working titles was Munich, Part 1&2, but eventualy it becames:

2x19 - Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1
    2x20 - Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2

Synopsis:
    A Leoben-model Cylon turns up in the fleet with an offer of peace. But his offer comes at a terrible price: give up the worship of false gods and accept Cylon missionaries to spread the one true faith. Worse yet, the Colonials must sacrifice a quota of people each year for human/cylon breeding experiments. With popular pressure leading towards accepting the offer, Roslin calls a popular referendum and must ally herself with Zarek to defeat the peace offer.

It's not oficial so don't blame me... )

BSG.CZ - Your Guide To Battlestar Galactica in Czech.

interesting... sounds like a hellishly bad peace offer...

Comment

What's the source?

The people lean toward accepting a deal that would call for some of them to be sacrificed on a regular basis? Sounds a tad bit far-fetched to me.

Thanks for the report, though!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
        What's the source?

The people lean toward accepting a deal that would call for some of them to be sacrificed on a regular basis? Sounds a tad bit far-fetched to me.

Thanks for the report, though!
        It's originaly from Ragnar Anchorage and Galactica Actual.

Sorry for not posting source...

Comment

Not a good deal, if it so
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I take it the city of Munich, Germany has historical significance that ties into this plot. Holocaust-related probably. Can anyone tell me what it is exactly? And all are welcome to check out my thread, don't be shy.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
              I take it the city of Munich, Germany has historical significance that ties into this plot. Holocaust-related probably. Can anyone tell me what it is exactly? And all are welcome to check out my thread, don't be shy.
              Munich is very important here in Czech Republic. In 1938 there was a conference including England, France, Germany and maybe Soviet Union (I don't know for sure). And England and France our allies sold our border lands (Sudets) to Hitler 'couse they thought that that will avoid the war. So Germans invaded Sudets with our border forts without shoting and we were defenceless in March 1939 when Hitler ocupied rest of then-Czechoslovakia.

We were not invited to Munich so here in czech is this Munich treaty known as "O nás bez nás" - "About us, without us".

Chamberlain then-prime minister of UK has returned home and said that he negotiated "The Peace of Our Lifetime"... What has happened later we all know... WWII.

Comment

looks to be very interesting...thanks for the info
                sigpic

Comment

I see the parallel.

Comment

For Munich...

Something most people forget(or do not know) is that these regions were settled by germans living there for centuries.

After the destruction of the Habsburgian empire every nationality was granted(through Willson's 14 points) self-determination and the Chechz and Slovaks took it by forming their own state out of Bohemia and Mähren.

The germans were simply forced in this new state and oppressed, even so they were the second largest group, so their "betrayal" of the Chechz as seen today is very understandable to me.

Funny for me is that the Chechz actually gave Hitler the pretex for the invasion by forbidding the slowaks(who were weary of the chechz-rule, too) their bit of independence.

For the finale on the other hand, I can't see how the fleet could accept this point. The cylons aren't so stupid to give the colonials freedom, they were right when they said in the mini-series that they someday would return with vengance.

By the way, the colonials... do they mean the fleet or all of the colonies, too?

Comment

Perhaps that is why Roslin is allied with Zarek in this case. Maybe they are calling for the peace offer and putting up Zarek's prisoners as the sacrifical lambs.

Comment

I thought they only wanted women.
                        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                          I thought they only wanted women.
                          *shrugs* Just speculating. I'm sure they'd have female prisoners or there could be experiments involving male humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardwing
                            For Munich...

Something most people forget(or do not know) is that these regions were settled by germans living there for centuries.

After the destruction of the Habsburgian empire every nationality was granted(through Willson's 14 points) self-determination and the Chechz and Slovaks took it by forming their own state out of Bohemia and Mähren.

The germans were simply forced in this new state and oppressed, even so they were the second largest group, so their "betrayal" of the Chechz as seen today is very understandable to me.

Funny for me is that the Chechz actually gave Hitler the pretex for the invasion by forbidding the slowaks(who were weary of the chechz-rule, too) their bit of independence.
                            Of course that these regions were settled by germans. But germans lived there in peace with czechs for almost 20 years. There were two laguages, czech and german schools etc. So germans weren't oppressed. But everything changed in 1938 when germans drove czechs out of Sudets. Eviction of germans in 1945 is another matter. It was czech's foult...

More on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Agreement

What do you mean by forbidding of slovak independence? Slovaks formed Czechoslovakia freely. That they've broke away in 1939 (just one day before Hitler invaded Czech) and formed a Nazi Slovak State is another matter and it wasn't becouse independence on Czechs but couse Slovak leader Tiso supported Hitler. Why would they reconnect with Czech in 1945 if they would been some kind oppresed from czech side?

But stop it. This is BSG thread not thread about Czech-Germany stuff )
                            Last edited by d3u5; 19 November 2005, 12:29 PM.

Comment

In RDM's podcast he mentioned there are farms of both sexes of humans. They are kept separate.
                              http://s9.invisionfree.com/Ragnar_An...862&st=0&#last

Comment

Working...
                              X