Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you folks don't mind me changing the subject slightly, what's your favourite piece of dialogue from Battlestar Galactica?

Mine's from "Water" (I think) and comes from when Starbuck and Boxey have been joking with the pilots in the Ready Room.
    Col. Tigh enters, "Where's your mommy?" he demands of young Boxey.
    "Dead. Where's yours?" replies the kid, deadpan.

Gives me a laugh every time...
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
      If you folks don't mind me changing the subject slightly, what's your favourite piece of dialogue from Battlestar Galactica?

Mine's from "Water" (I think) and comes from when Starbuck and Boxey have been joking with the pilots in the Ready Room.
      Col. Tigh enters, "Where's your mommy?" he demands of young Boxey.
      "Dead. Where's yours?" replies the kid, deadpan.

Gives me a laugh every time...
      i loved that scene! i was laughing so hard!

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        i loved that scene! i was laughing so hard!
        Yeah, you can practically hear Starbuck thinking: "And the prize for stupid question of the week goes to..."

Question: Am I the only contributor to this thread who says "Frak!" instead of another F-word? Or have I just been watching Galactica too much?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

oh i say frak constantly as well, also say frell too (what can ya say, im hooked on scape as well) so those two are switched around

although i have gotten my ass chewed at wk cuz they think i was sayin *****, guess they dont watch enough tv
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
            not too fond of that skank of a slut, Ellen Tigh (whom i swear is a damned cylon.. but yet Balter's test proved otherwise... or did it. he's lied before. im sure he'd do it again),
            Actually he did comment just after that:
            No. 6: So tell me, what did the test really say
            Baltar:I'll never tell *swings round on chair*

So it does suggest the possibility.

My fav char is definitely Lee because i met Jamie and he is a legend. Im a fan of most actually, Hot dog was pretty damn cool in six degrees of seperation(i think that was the ep) and there's people like helo who are pretty cool too. Starbuck and Will Adama as well i cant forgot(Katee's really nice too).

Im not a big fan of boomer considering how she did shot Will Adama and all. I did like Baltar but in the last eps( Kobols Last Gleaming) he was really....weird. I obviously dont like the cylons although No.6 can be alright. i dont like Ellen at all and Zerek is a scheming guy.
            'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
            'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
              not too fond of that skank of a slut, Ellen Tigh (whom i swear is a damned cylon.. but yet Balter's test proved otherwise... or did it. he's lied before. im sure he'd do it again),
              Actually he did comment just after that:
              No. 6: So tell me, what did the test really say
              Baltar:I'll never tell *swings round on chair*

So it does suggest the possibility.

My fav char is definitely Lee because i met Jamie and he is a legend. Im a fan of most actually, Hot dog was pretty damn cool in six degrees of seperation(i think that was the ep) and there's people like helo who are pretty cool too. Starbuck and Will Adama as well i cant forgot(Katee's really nice too).

Im not a big fan of boomer considering how she did shot Will Adama and all. I did like Baltar but in the last eps( Kobols Last Gleaming) he was really....weird. I obviously dont like the cylons although No.6 can be alright. i dont like Ellen at all and Zerek is a scheming guy. Oh and i say Frak too
              'Where did you get this'- Wraith Queen
              'I don't remember'- Major Sheppard - Rising (part 2)

'I don’t know if you noticed or not, but I’m an extremely arrogant man who tends to think all of his plans will work.' - McKay - The Eye

Comment

My favorite...and ULTIMATE favorite...from BSG is Dr. Gaius Baltar. Some others that I like are Lee, Kara, Gaeta and Boomer

I absolutely hate Tigh's slutty wife and Col. Tigh (good XO but arrogant as can be)...oh yeah and Six...I DO NOT like Six.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  I don't like Tigh's wife. . .but I don't think we are supposed to like her.
                  Which makes her a "good" character, doesn't it!

Originally posted by BruTak
                  Sometimes Galactica Boomer gets right up my nose...
                  Owww! That sounds painful, even if she is cute.

Originally posted by shovar
                  i hate the President and the security woman in Litmus
                  I think we are supposed to hate her too.. but her character was so two dimensional I can't see her as a "good" character that you love to hate.

Comment

Hey Darth Buddha, when I said Galactica Boomer gets up my nose, I meant that she annoys me sometimes. And yes, she is cute - in a sort of inoffensive take-home-to-meet-your-mother sort of way.

What's the odds that she's got some kind of stuffed cuddly animal tucked away in a corner of her footlocker?
                    sigpic

Comment

I adore Starbuck because she's such a rich, complex character with so much depth (and portrayed so well by KS). I also identify with her in many ways, so she probably has to be my favourite...that prize always goes to whomever I end up identifying with in a show.

I think the Commander is extremely well played and I respect and enjoy him greatly, so he's up there too.

And, I have to say, I love Lee, and partly because he's so frakkin' attractive. His character has grown on me a lot though too...at first I thought he was a bit of a punk but I've grown to respect his integrity (in general) and initiative.

Least favourite...Ellen, as I feel so incredibly embarassed for everyone else whenever she is around. I also wanted to hit her when she got Tigh drinking again. She didn't annoy me as much in Colonial Day but she still bothers me a lot.

I also waver on the President (Laura)...I don't like how she goes about some things and her facial expressions/tone of voice annoys me sometimes. But I think her being visionary/prophetic is extremely interesting.

Gaius, I really, really hated at first. I even wanted him to die, in fact, I would yell it at my monitor (*please, don't kill me Gaius fans*). He just seems so selfish and incompetent and immoral. And he just annoys me a lot. However, he has been growing on me, and I no longer desire to see him killed, and hopefully it remains that way.

Comment

Addendums:

How could I forget the security woman (sargent Hadrian, I believe) from Litmus? Ooooooh how I hated her. She got so psychotic and accusatory way too fast, with way too little information (also, how she could not pick up on the fact that Osinus (hangar deck dude) was covering for Chief is beyond me). She definitely takes the cake as least favourite character...

And a favourite line that I can remember at the moment:

When Six is going on about God, and Gaius gets angry and starts telling her she's boring him to death and that he doesn't want to hear her superstitious nonsense, he tells her (and they are in the bedroom, Gaius on the bed I believe):

'Can't we discuss something more penetrating?

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                          Gaius, I really, really hated at first. I even wanted him to die, in fact, I would yell it at my monitor (*please, don't kill me Gaius fans*). He just seems so selfish and incompetent and immoral. And he just annoys me a lot. However, he has been growing on me, and I no longer desire to see him killed, and hopefully it remains that way.
                          He's what made me love the show LOL... he's not immoral (maybe a little) I do find him amoral though.
                          Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

^^^
                            Amoral is probably a better description, I agree.

Comment

Petty Officer 2nd Class Dualla is another favourite character of mine. Even if she does have poor choice in men...
                              sigpic

Comment

Love:

-Boomer (both Battlestar version and Caprica version)
                                -Gaius (he's MY Gaius; you can't have him!)
                                -Lee
                                -Helo

Hate:

-Roslin
                                -Six

For me, Boomer's one of the most interesting characters. Gaius has the whole "mad scientist" thing going for him, plus the fact that "Six Degrees of Seperation" is my fav epi, and focused primarily on him, sooo...yeah, I love him. Lee and Helo I just like because of their appearance. I'm hoping their characters will be developed more over the next couple of seasons.

Roslin. Boring, boring, boring, boring. And can you say boring? She absolutely BORES me to death. I cannot stand her!

Number Six is the typical sex-kitten. I think she has no character whatsoever, and her relationship with Baltar is so fake. I mean honestly: wear more clothes woman!!

That's my opinion, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X