No announcement yet.

So I started for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The alliance vs. the Shadows at the refugee place, wow. I'm not sure why, I always had the vibe (before starting the show) that B5's CGI was a bit sub-par, but obviously I was wrong. Sure it looks a little dated now, but it still holds up pretty damn well. I love that the Shadow ships seem to shrivel up like a dead dried out spider whenever they're destroyed

I finished season 3 last night. Z'ha'dum....oh dear.

I see they've recast the woman playing Sheridan's wife; someone considerably less.....fugly, than the original woman in the picture/vid from the previous season. It's such a shame for him that things had to go this way, but then I guess she's been dead for five years already at this point.

Bye bye, White Star, it was nice knowing you. I guess some comfort can be taken in that there's now like 300 identical ships to replace you lol. That crater was pretty damn big, I wonder if that's the end of Mr Morden. It's hard to imagine him surviving a blast like that.

For that matter, it's hard to imagine Sheridan surviving such a huge fall--with the blast going off above him. And Garibaldi 'absorbed' by a Shadow ship.... Yes this is a rather nasty cliffhanger, isn't it!

On to season 4!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

And so the Shadow War has come to an end. That was....abrupt. I'm still digesting that one.

I guess I'll watch those movies now, that you suggested after Into The Fire.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DigiFluid, what did you think of the episode "And the rock cried out no hiding place"?

It's been discussed before on these boards, that most of us that have watched the series leading up to the episode are both horrified and delighted at the same time to find out what happens to Lord Refa, and a large part of it has to do with the music that you hear that gives you the both sides of the coin emotions.

Comment

Gospel music as a man is beaten to death? Only JMS!

Z'ha'dum is one of my favourite cliffhangers! The G'Kar voiceover during the final segment is one of the best B5 moments ever. Poor Sheridan! Bye White Star!

The Shadow War was supposed to last season 4 but, since JMS wasn't sure about renewal for S5, he finished it to make room for... Well, You'll see.

How about that, "I'd like to live just long enough to see them cut your head off and stick it on a pike..." Bless JMS!
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCharisma View Post
            DigiFluid, what did you think of the episode "And the rock cried out no hiding place"?

It's been discussed before on these boards, that most of us that have watched the series leading up to the episode are both horrified and delighted at the same time to find out what happens to Lord Refa, and a large part of it has to do with the music that you hear that gives you the both sides of the coin emotions.
            Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            Gospel music as a man is beaten to death? Only JMS!
            Indeed! I was a little baffled by it at first, to be honest, but in retrospect there's something nice about it. Don't get me wrong--I'm one of those people who is absolutely opposed to capital punishment in all circumstances. Seeing Lord Refa get his comeuppance though was....satisfying.

Z'ha'dum is one of my favourite cliffhangers! The G'Kar voiceover during the final segment is one of the best B5 moments ever. Poor Sheridan! Bye White Star!

The Shadow War was supposed to last season 4 but, since JMS wasn't sure about renewal for S5, he finished it to make room for... Well, You'll see.
            Indeed I will, lots of loose ends left for them to tie up.

How about that, "I'd like to live just long enough to see them cut your head off and stick it on a pike..." Bless JMS!
            See now that particular scene bothered me, a lot. Certainly a lot more than Lord Refa's death. I've always liked Vir and appreciated his....innocence. To see him smile and wave at Morden's severed head (exactly what his "want" was) was a little depressing to me.

I watched 'In The Beginning' tonight. It was nice. It felt a little rushed, but then it was a lot of story to tell in just a couple of hours. I'm not sure I necessarily needed a refresher on stories (mostly) relevant to season 1 at the rate I've been watching the show, but hey why not.

I'm not sure what it is about Mira Furlan, but when she's bald Minbari she looks like she's about a foot shorter than she does when she has hair. I can't quite work that one out.

Emperor Londo again, set at the same time as Sheridan in the future in War Without End Pt 2. I hope that gets explained at some point, to get faced with the same tease twice is a little maddening.

Tomorrow: should I watch Thirdspace or continue on with the regular series?

Comment

Thirdspace! It's my pick for best of the movies. Now is really the best point to watch it, actually. It came out around this time when the show was first airing.

Innocent or not, everyone aboard B5 would have waved at Morden's head. Vir most of all considering he and Morden were the dueling angels on Londo's shoulders for 4 seasons. For me, Morden was pure opportunistic evil. The others resisted and got shoved in Shadow vessels. He served, quite willingly and happily slaughtering billions. He deserved what he got. I waved, too!
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yikes! I think I'm going to have to skip Thirdspace for a little while. I just started watching, and saw the intro credits list "Security Chief Zack Allan"

Even though that's already spoiled things a bit, I'm worried about anything else being ruined so I'm going to hold off for a bit. Airdates on wikipedia indicate that Thirdspace aired late during the Season 5 run, so I may wait till between S4 and S5, or if there's a fairly independent episode that seems like a good spot in the meantime.

Back to S4!

Comment

Ah see, it's the little things like that can spoil future episodes. I had more or less watched the entire series before I watched the B5 films. I would rather watch the whole series if it was the first run, then the films. It can be watched chronologically on the next run.
                  Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 10 February 2009, 02:22 PM.
                  "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Sigh. My bad. The journey's more fun than the destination.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I watched 'Racing Mars' just before bed last night.

What a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I watched 'Racing Mars' just before bed last night.

What a laugh

Just my luck. The first time in my life I am a war hero and nobody knows about it. And worst of all, I'm married to you.
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

More of the same awesome humour in 'Lines of Communication'

I can't JMS et al didn't discover this chemistry sooner!

The Drakh are a little annoying. It's pretty awesome to find out who was fleeing Z'ha'dum, but the way they talk is so bloody quiet even on the DVDs that I have to turn on captioning. Neat to see aliens vaguely out of phase/focus from the rest of us though.

Comment

"End this."

And the Minbari have problems...
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Well, I finished season 4 late last night. What a ride!

Sheridan's 'breaking point' and decision to take the fight to Clark was a really great moment, as was the entire push toward Earth. Mostly very moving, with some badass effects shots for the space battles. Earth cruisers bristling with and enhanced by Shadow technology--holy crap. Creeeeepy.

The final push on Mars and Earth was really something too. Using the telepath Shadow victims struck me as a bit morally shady, but I can see both sides in that argument. And the massive League/human fleet approaching Earth and doing everything they could to stop the orbital defense network from leveling Earth was quite the sight. It was appropriate, IMO, that Sheridan led the attack from the Agamemnon rather than an alien-built White Star.....

I really loved Garibaldi all season. Well, maybe "loved" isn't the right word; it was a really interesting direction to take the character in for most of the year, and then having a big reveal that he was being puppeted by Bester was a very interesting touch. The thing is, I actually found myself agreeing with him a lot. Sheridan did become very secretive and very 'my way or the highway' after returning from Z'ha'dum. Selling out Sheridan was really crossing the line though, and I think that even under his brainwashing, it was pretty clear that he knew that. My only complaint on that arc is that his relationship with Sheridan was repaired all but immediately. Oh well.

It's pretty bizarre to see Londo and G'Kar getting along, after everything that's happened with them. Times change, I guess, and people change too. Oh, and poor Marcus, poor Susan

I can see that JMS et al were expecting this to be the end, so many plot threads cleaned up in the back half of this season! Makes me wonder what's in store for me in season 5. I suppose there's still the telepath issue, but: the Narn/Centauri war is over, the Shadow War is over, the Minbari civil war is over, Clark is dead, Ivanova's gone, Sheridan's been forced out of the service and is heading up the new alliance, Garibaldi is effectively out of the service, B5 (an Earth station) is no longer under Sheridan's command. Where to go from here? I guess I'll start 'er up today.

Comment

Yea, season 4 is my favorite too !!!! It really wraped everything up ,I think he made seaseon 5 as a after thought,Because us fans were screaming for more B5,enjoy,I hope you like it.
                                sigpic
                                SOONER OR LATER,EVERYONE COMES TO BABYLON 5

Comment

Working...
                                X