So I started for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that vampire ep was a crappy episode lol

I'd totally forgotten Perrey Reeves was in it though, it's bizarre seeing her as anyone other than Mrs Ari.

Maybourne, too, as an LAPD cop.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by the missing 7 View Post
      is it really worth it (the ride)

i don't want to buy the dvd box sets for nothing
      If you live in the US, you can see the first 2 seasons at this link to Hulu.com. That way you can watch some and decide if it is worth it or not.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

I watched this for the first time last year, and I have enjoyed bits of every season so far. I stalled on season 5 though and need to get back to it, nor have I seen any movies yet.
        sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Grrr...bloody postal service.

Came home from work to find one of those failed delivery things on my doorknob. They tried delivering at 12:15 this afternoon. Who the hell is home at quarter after 12 on a weekday? And now, I can't even pick it up at the local post office till tomorrow after 1pm; which of course translates into 'when I'm done work'.

Suspense, man. Suspense and frustration.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by heliosphere View Post
            I watched this for the first time last year, and I have enjoyed bits of every season so far. I stalled on season 5 though and need to get back to it, nor have I seen any movies yet.
            I stalled on season 5 too, not the first time I watched it, but the last couple of times that I have attempted to do so.

Comment

Excellent! My sets finally showed!

I've watched the first two eps of season 3 tonight, and I'm impressed as usual. The season opener was a great contributor to the overall story, with at least one nice past reference (the race that died out's system being plundered). It was a little bit of a buzzkill that their brand new amazing ship the White Star isn't powerful enough to take on the only kind of Shadow ship we've seen so far--makes me wonder what the point of it even is.... I guess I'll find out, as has been the case with everything else so far! A little chilling to see Morden on Earth as well, manipulating politics and being involved with Psi Corps there....

Ep 2 was less relevant, but still a lot of fun. Londo spending time with the injured Lennier added a nice touch of humanity back to a character that's really lost his over the last year or so. G'Kar having a ball in the damaged elevator, at the plight of Londo--GOLD. I couldn't help but laugh out loud along with him at the absurdity of it all. It was a fun ep, even if it's doubtful it has anything significant to contribute.

Comment

Glad to hear you can continue your fix in peace!
                The White Star is an amazing ship, despite not being able to destroy a Shadow vessel on its own... but keep watching. I was hooked the second I saw her evade a Shadow slicer beam while destroying attack satellites.
                "They never miss!"
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Finished "Messages from Earth" just now. Things are progressing nicely--or rather, perhaps not lol

The White Star's weapons still look rather ineffectual, requiring a full charge to even break one spindly thing off the side of a Shadow ship. Obviously very maneuverable though so that's a major plus; particularly if your captain is crazy enough to dive into Jupiter.

Very interesting that the Shadow ships require someone alive to pilot them. To this point, I'd just assumed that the Shadow ships themselves were an independent living organism, a "branch" (if you will) of the Shadow race that we saw in the 'flashback' scenes in the ep about Sheridan's dead wife in the previous season. Some kind of fused hybrid symbiotic life, interesting.

Martial law on Earth now. That's bad news. I'm a little floored that Zach Allan is still sticking with this Nighwatch business, despite his obvious misgivings. Selling out beliefs certainly doesn't seem worth the 50 bucks a week we know they're getting paid lol

G'Kar happily going to jail for mind-raping Londo was a bit of a laugh. I like that he's taking it as a sort of pseudo-religious/political experience and writing what seems to be some kind of manifesto about it. I wonder whether it'll be more political or more spiritual in nature, or some dangerous combination of the two. I'm a little curious what the other Narns are doing without his leadership too.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you're underwhelmed by the White Star thusfar. Its feats are beyond any other ship we'd seen at this point in the hands of the younger races and I would have been disappointed if they'd been handed a magic bullet ship to solve the war by just blowing everything up.
                    Zack's having a very human moment. Will he rise above it or ride out this train to the bitter end? We'll see!
                    G'Kar/Londo. Indeed.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Alrighty, great developments! I've just finished "Ceremonies of Light and Dark". New uniforms! That's nice, I wonder if the rest of the crew will get some made up too to fall in line, or if it's a members-only club jacket sort of thing.

Ha! I was right in my inferring 'things' in the Talia/Ivanova scene! "I think I loved Talia"

The battle for the station was really something, as was the declaration of independence..."last best hope for peace failed" indeed.

This all seems so distracting though....all these internal civil conflicts and proxy wars all over the place, all dividing them from the coming war with the Shadows. Though I suppose that's really the Shadows' plan, divide and conquer in the plainest sense.

This show is like crack. I'm only stopping right now because BSG is on in 15

Comment

Indeed!
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, wooooooow. I just finished up the second half of "War Without End". This is such a well-written show!

Comment

What did you think of one of my favourite episodes, 'Interludes and Examinations'?
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post

What did you think of one of my favourite episodes, 'Interludes and Examinations'?
                              Well to say it was significant would be more than a little bit of an understatement! There was so much going on that it's hard to know even where to start.

The Shadow War has begun in earnest, open attacks on the non-aligned worlds. Exactly as expected, divide and conquer. The Centauri aren't officially aligned with the Shadows, so I'm curious to know what their public policy is regarding their appearance. By the same token, I'm also wondering what Clark's Earth has to say about the invaders.

Sheridan/Kosh/Z'ha'dum....hmmm.... It was pretty cool to finally see the Vorlon ships in action, and equally as interesting to find out that Kosh has some kind of telekinetic ability. Also slightly ominous that Sheridan's been told he won't return from Z'ha'dum, and that Kosh will now not be able to accompany him on the journey. I can't help but notice that the last ep of this season is called Z'ha'dum, and yet Sheridan is still on the season 4 and 5 boxes lol so I imagine he'll survive somehow or another yet.

I was very very disheartened to find Londo putting himself back into allegiance with Morden and the Shadows. More than ever I think he needs Vir around to keep him centred and from going too far (though I'm not sure he's been all that effective at it to this point).

Dr. Franklin's story lends a bit more of a personal touch to the ep. Him (wrongly) wigging out at the other doctor was probably the best performance I've seen the actor give on the show. I don't mean that as a knock, just that in this particular ep he was really a cut above.

Adios Kosh, and frak you Morden.

Comment

The Kosh/Sheridan interaction is on my list of best B5 space battles. Telling a Vorlon to kiss off? Sheridan forever earned my respect with that scene.
                                The Vorlon/Shadow battle was brilliant, and then poor Kosh vs those Shadows in his quarters. The tears in Ivanova's eyes as Kosh's transport went into the sun, Londo feeling the death of his one true love and signing himself over to the Devil again... It's an episode I never get tired of watching.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X