Praise and Admiration for Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OriKiller
    Well, my favorite B5 ep is "Endgame", but "Severed Dreams" is definitely a great one.

And "Endgame" is a great one too!

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Of course I have not quite got to Endgame and its been a long time since I last watched it.

Problem with season 4 is that Garabaldi makes me uneasy most of the season (which is sort of the point I gues). I am happy Kartashia gets his though, I am completely with Vir on this one. I think Londo gets redeemed here and I think any actions after this are the result more of shadow forced infulence and not his own choice (though it was his choices up till now that led up to this).
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        Just got a Babylon 5\Stargate crossover idea.
        Meanwhile Daniel meets up again with Oma, who has been forced into an ambassadorial role on B5. She had a few left over injuries from her battle with anubis so now-a-days she wears an encounter suit and talks in much shorter but still cryptic sentances.
        I Had a little fun with this thread....I even answered an ages old question on page 3 since discovering this thread; not necessarily the right answer....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
          I Had a little fun with this thread....I even answered an ages old question on page 3 since discovering this thread; not necessarily the right answer....
          Why didn't I see all this before?! Thanks for enlightening me
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
            Why didn't I see all this before?! Thanks for enlightening me
            That's what we Ancients do, CI.

Comment

Season 5 does truely seem like a different show.
              I always thought of it as just an epilogue to S1-4 but I guess i have only seen these eps once.

I did still like A VIEW FROM THE GALLERY. And I really like the G'Kar, Londo, Sheridan, Delenn, Garabali and Zach and most of their story archs.

I hate, Hate, I mean despise the telepath people (the fact that they are complete idiots doesnt help) and the new captin is a bit annoying.

I cant remember if Bester gets his before the show ends or not... only halfway through the second disk.

I keep getting sad when I remember that Sheridan, G'Kar, Londo would all be dead in 20 years... I think Lenier is dead too. Delenn lives for another 100 but that is sad in its own way since she is all alone. Garabali has the best normal life after this is all over... I think Doc and Ivonova end up fine too.

EDIT and Vir, I always try to think that Vir saves Centari when he becomes emperor. I may have to look into buying the books.

EDIT: And I dont like the new music at all
              And I think Sheridan looks better either Clean shaven or with the full beard then with that halfbeard thing.
              Last edited by AGateFan; 10 February 2006, 07:05 AM.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I did still like A VIEW FROM THE GALLERY. And I really like the G'Kar, Londo, Sheridan, Delenn, Garabali and Zach and most of their story archs.
                This was a really good episode. It shows a whole new perspective from the "little guys" POV and how other relationships have matured and come full circle since the beginning.
                I hate, Hate, I mean despise the telepath people (the fact that they are complete idiots doesnt help) and the new captin is a bit annoying.
                As far as the telepaths are concerned: if you hate them then the writers have done their job. As for the new captain: I liked her better in Lois & Clark, but then again could anyone truly replace sheridan?
                I cant remember if Bester gets his before the show ends or not...
                Spoiler:
                Sadly...No

Comment

Beter also survived the telepath-war that started 2 years after S5 ended.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Beter also survived the telepath-war that started 2 years after S5 ended.
                    Is this in a book? Or was he on crusade? I dont remember too much about that series other then I didnt like the bracelets nor the uniforms, nor the captian.... the rest was ok... maybe I should buy those DVDs next.

Comment

Is this in a book? Or was he on crusade? I dont remember too much about that series other then I didnt like the bracelets nor the uniforms, nor the captian.... the rest was ok... maybe I should buy those DVDs next.
                      He was supposed to be in one of the Crusade episodes that were never filmed. The thing about him surviving the TW is from JMS mouth IIRC. It could've been a book though.

Comment

It appears there is a book.

Final Reckoning: The Fate of Bester (Babylon 5) (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034...lance&n=283155

Anyone ever read it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                          snip
                          As far as the telepaths are concerned: if you hate them then the writers have done their job. As for the new captain: I liked her better in Lois & Clark, but then again could anyone truly replace sheridan?
                          snip
                          I thought we were supposed to have sympathy for them? I dont, I cant stand the very sight of them... talk about forming a cult of personality...and I dont even see the personality as anything but annoying In fact now.. halfway through disk 3
                          Spoiler:
                          Bryons Dead !!!! Yay, now maybe I can start enjoying some more eps

Comment

It appears there is a book.

Final Reckoning: The Fate of Bester (Babylon 5) (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/034...lance&n=283155

Anyone ever read it?
                            I've read it. I still have the book somewhere in my house. Anyway, if you want to know what happens to Bester,
                            Spoiler:
                            he survives and lives out the rest of his years.....in prison. Garibaldi eventually catches up with him and manages to capture him and turn him over to the authorities. Bester eventually dies of old age in prison.
                            Shallow are the Ori!
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought we were supposed to have sympathy for them? I dont, I cant stand the very sight of them... talk about forming a cult of personality...and I dont even see the personality as anything but annoying In fact now.. halfway through disk 3
                              Spoiler:
                              Bryons Dead !!!! Yay, now maybe I can start enjoying some more eps
                              The telepath arc pretty much ruined the 5th season for me. That and Tracy Scoggins. Nothing against her, but it's always rough trying to replace a popular character, and JMS rubbed salt in the wound by making Lochley a very unlikeable character. I always say that the episode "Secrets of the Soul" was the low point of the series. A bunch of telepaths standing around and scanning Byron and Lyta while they're doing it? It just turns my stomach. Anyway, on a humerous note, I recently told a buddy of mine that I'm on this forum and that my name on the forum is "OriKiller". His response was: "I think I see a parallel between your opinion of SG-1's season 9 and B-5's season 5. Are you logged onto a B-5 site as TelepathWarKiller? "
                              Shallow are the Ori!
                              sigpic

Comment

Speaking of the books...I've been thinking about getting them. Does anyone have recommendations? What to get, and what to avoid?

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Working...
                                X