This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I agree...we have a whole folder for Arrow...yet...there is very little discussion
    My peeves about the show are that Oliver gets hurt nearly every week and in the first ep, he killed someone because "no one can know my secret" yet there's now at least five people who know that he DIDN'T kill. (It doesn't count if they're dead for other reasons. )

Comment

Wow! Now I really need to start the show from the beginning. I idn't tune in until episode 13 because one of my favorite actors joined the show. Immediately, in the following weeks, Arrow's secret identity was discovered every single week by somebody. I didn't know that he killed someone just for knowing about him in the first episode!

The funny thing is, I love all the characters from the island, including naive Ollie, but dislike all of the current day characters (except Diggle). I find Ollie to have grown a bit since his pre-island days but he's got a lot more growing to do. His preoccupation with Laurel to the point of leaving Diggle to fend or himself against the guy who killed Diggs' brother (forgot his name) when Laurel was not in immediate danger just had me shaking my head. Although, I guess I'm glad he's not Mr. Perfect as it gives the character multi-facets to examine.

I just cannot stand little sister AND her boyfriend with the uber arched eyebrows. Felicity, I want to love. I love her lines that are supposed to appear to be slip of the tongue of her fangirling Ollie but the actress always delivers them like "I'm acting. Here is my supposed slip of the tongue." It doesn't come off as a true accidental Fruedian slip but feels forced. Maybe once I catch up on the previous episodes, I'll feel different about everyone.

Does any of the above strike a chord with anyone else? Tell me why you do like them so maybe I can get a different view of them ll. I'm tired of spending each epiode only waiting for scenes with Slade, Shado and Yao Fei.

Oh yeah. I don't like Tommy but love his dad, Malcolm, in that "characters you love to hate" kind of way.
      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Hmmmm...well....Thea (Willa Holland) hasn't been a central character. At time, she is a moral compass for Oliver, and at times she is gets herself in trouble. She seems to ok in my book. Now, Roy (Colton Haynes)...who doesn't have arched eyebrows btw...I didn't like the character at first. But he's taken a turn and has an obsession with Oliver. Why don't you like the characters?

As for Felicity, I don't get the same impression that you get of her. She would probably do anything for Oliver...and she may be fangirling a little, but its part of her charm. I guess if you see her from when she was introduced...then her personality is a little more understandable.

I also understand why Tommy acted the way he did, but he's acts like a typical whining rich kid. As for Malcolm...no...I don't like him. Especially since he's ruined my image of one of my favorite Torchwood characters.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
          Wow! Now I really need to start the show from the beginning. I idn't tune in until episode 13 because one of my favorite actors joined the show. Immediately, in the following weeks, Arrow's secret identity was discovered every single week by somebody. I didn't know that he killed someone just for knowing about him in the first episode!

The funny thing is, I love all the characters from the island, including naive Ollie, but dislike all of the current day characters (except Diggle). I find Ollie to have grown a bit since his pre-island days but he's got a lot more growing to do. His preoccupation with Laurel to the point of leaving Diggle to fend or himself against the guy who killed Diggs' brother (forgot his name) when Laurel was not in immediate danger just had me shaking my head. Although, I guess I'm glad he's not Mr. Perfect as it gives the character multi-facets to examine.

I just cannot stand little sister AND her boyfriend with the uber arched eyebrows. Felicity, I want to love. I love her lines that are supposed to appear to be slip of the tongue of her fangirling Ollie but the actress always delivers them like "I'm acting. Here is my supposed slip of the tongue." It doesn't come off as a true accidental Fruedian slip but feels forced. Maybe once I catch up on the previous episodes, I'll feel different about everyone.

Does any of the above strike a chord with anyone else? Tell me why you do like them so maybe I can get a different view of them ll. I'm tired of spending each epiode only waiting for scenes with Slade, Shado and Yao Fei.

Oh yeah. I don't like Tommy but love his dad, Malcolm, in that "characters you love to hate" kind of way.
          Hmmmm...well....Thea (Willa Holland) hasn't been a central character. At time, she is a moral compass for Oliver, and at times she is gets herself in trouble. She seems to ok in my book. Now, Roy (Colton Haynes)...who doesn't have arched eyebrows btw...I didn't like the character at first. But he's taken a turn and has an obsession with Oliver. Why don't you like the characters?

As for Felicity, I don't get the same impression that you get of her. She would probably do anything for Oliver...and she may be fangirling a little, but its part of her charm. I guess if you see her from when she was introduced...then her personality is a little more understandable.

I also understand why Tommy acted the way he did, but he's acts like a typical whining rich kid. As for Malcolm...no...I don't like him. Especially since he's ruined my image of one of my favorite Torchwood characters.
          I didn't like Thea at first, but she's grown a little since Oliver returned. Yes, Oliver has more growing up to do as well. Maybe they can do it together.

Tommy...in the last ep, he and Oliver did come to an understanding. Malcolm, I can understand why he did what he did. And yes, Malcolm is very different from Capt Jack. Which is Mal's appeal to me. I've never seen John B in a "bad guy" part so it was a refreshing change. And I really liked that Mal was the black archer and his skills were better than Oliver's.

Walter? Kinda glad he's gone. Not sure why. Moira...how she could've gotten involved in The Undertaking is beyound me.

The people on the island... *sniff, sniff* I smell the lingering scent of "Lost"...

Felicity...I actually like her. She's fangirling over Oliver and her slips do sometimes sound like they're calculated, but I also like that she's still there even after she told Oliver and Diggle that she was only there for a specific reason then she'd be gone.

Roy... I like that Thea has fallen for the guy (and visa versa) who mugged her. With someone like that to ground her, she'll mature faster for knowing how the other half lives.

That's it for now.

Comment

How is it possible for someone in their 40s (John B's) to have a child Tommy's age?
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know why I don't like them. Just like Grey's Anatomy - I stopped watching because I just never liked the characters. But in the case of Arrow, since I love comic book heroes and since I'll be watching for Manu Bennett's scenes, I'm going to watch the first episodes that I missed and see if that makes a difference.

As to Roy's eyebrows, they're not arched in the majority of his pics on the web or on imdb, but on the show they are definitely cleaned up. Cosmetologist/makeup artist in me can't help but spot it. (Although, I haven't done that type of work in 30 years.)

And I have no problem with Felicity fangirling Ollie. I said it was the way the actress delivered the slip ups of her crush that seemed forced instead of like a genuine slip of the lip. I always root for this type of character to get the hero. Betty and Veronica - I rooted for Betty - the underdog.

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
              I didn't like Thea at first, but she's grown a little since Oliver returned. Yes, Oliver has more growing up to do as well. Maybe they can do it together.

Tommy...in the last ep, he and Oliver did come to an understanding. Malcolm, I can understand why he did what he did. And yes, Malcolm is very different from Capt Jack. Which is Mal's appeal to me. I've never seen John B in a "bad guy" part so it was a refreshing change. And I really liked that Mal was the black archer and his skills were better than Oliver's.

Walter? Kinda glad he's gone. Not sure why. Moira...how she could've gotten involved in The Undertaking is beyound me.

The people on the island... *sniff, sniff* I smell the lingering scent of "Lost"...

Felicity...I actually like her. She's fangirling over Oliver and her slips do sometimes sound like they're calculated, but I also like that she's still there even after she told Oliver and Diggle that she was only there for a specific reason then she'd be gone.

Roy... I like that Thea has fallen for the guy (and visa versa) who mugged her. With someone like that to ground her, she'll mature faster for knowing how the other half lives.

That's it for now.
              As to Walter and Moira, you must not have seen the last few eps? I won't say any more on that then.

I like the lines as written for Felicity and I think she has the right look for the role. Just something's not clicking. I hope with time it will.

How is it possible for someone in their 40s (John B's) to have a child Tommy's age?
              Aren't Tommy and Ollie both about 25? So Malcolm could have had Tommy anywhere from 18 to 22 or thereabouts?

Comment

Watched the whole season this week and I really enjoyed it. The series obviously doesn't follow the comic books, but neither did Smallville and that lasted 10 years.
                John Borrowman did great as the Dark Archer and I hope we get to see Laurel become Black Canary.

Here is an art I did for a challenge. Hope no one minds me sharing.

Comment

Can anyone tell me where I can watch online from the beginning? I see CW has ome full epiodes, but not all of them (unless I just haven't found the right page on their web site.

Comment

Collin Donell (Tommy) - No age given on IMDB.

John Barrowman (Malcolm) - 3/11/67 Yeah. A little young to have a 32 y/o son though I think the characters of Tommy and Oliver are much younger than that.

Steve Amell (Oliver) - 5/18/81

Comment

Well, I would go by the characters' ages, not the actors. I thought the show said Ollie is 25, and assuming he and Tommy are schoolyard chums, I would assume Tommy to be the same, or close. But, I've been thinking the actor who plays Tommy does look mid-30's to me.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                        Well, I would go by the characters' ages, not the actors. I thought the show said Ollie is 25, and assuming he and Tommy are schoolyard chums, I would assume Tommy to be the same, or close. But, I've been thinking the actor who plays Tommy does look mid-30's to me.
                        They haven't said, so I'm assuming that Mal is older than what the actor's age is, at least by a couple of years. So let's say Mal is closer to 50 with Tommy and Oliver about 25 or 26. That make more sense than Mal only being about 12 years older than either of the guys.

Comment

Saw the pilot all the way through the other day. I would've done things just a little differently, but it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
                            Saw the pilot all the way through the other day. I would've done things just a little differently, but it was good.

So share...what would you have done differently?
                            sigpic

Comment

So share...what would you have done differently?
                              I am curious as well.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Differently... Start with the killing of the man "No one can know my secret." That's my big WTF. He does that then has all these people who know he's The Hood.

Spoiler:
                                As for the rest of the season, I would've added more touches of the "skills" Thea displayed in the last ep. It looks like TPTB might be gearing up to get her a hood of her own.

Comment

Working...
                                X