Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If left unchecked... sure...
    if it's left unchecked they'll die now. if it's "checked" even more will die, just later

No, but it's to curb anyone from throwing a street party.
    fine they'll party during daytime & hope the virus only comes out at night :|

We have color coding in our school system, and at the moment that runs from yellow to orange to red. There are 2 universities currently voluntarily coded red and therefor only have online classes going. Colleges and most other universities operate under code orange which means 1/3rd of students can come to class, the rest is online.

Kindergarten through highschool is code yellow -- all students attend class at school. Teachers have to wear facemasks, and students from the age of 12 in class as well.
    social distancing is the key cause it's the only thing that works, so question is can you get kids to respect that?

That should say "selling". My mistake.
    ok so selling it before 8pm makes a difference?

We need to get infections down but yes, a second lockdown looms over us as we average close to 10,000 infections a day for the last 7 days.
    and this will only delay the inevitable...third lockdown
    rinse & repeat

if Covid's just deadly enough to saturate hospitals (unlike common flu) how come no one in the west has thought of building more hospitals? if the chinese can do it

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      They want to see if the regulations have to be regulated? You guys are almost as screwed up as we are!
      If the infection curve remains unaffected we'll have a second lockdown on our hands.
      I wouldn't mind that, but it'll put a lot of jobs in jeopardy, including mine and my sister's.
      I was actually ridiculing the author/editor of the article came from. If I recall, it was a news article of some sort.

They are paying someone to edit that, and that would include proofreading,

That is becoming some what of a pet peeve of mine. News articles that contain stupendous gaffes & mistakes. Who the hell approved that for publication?? Someone was paid to do that job?

Comment

That's laughable.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          oh you poor gullible little thing...you know this is NEVER gonna die out don'cha?

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          ...and this will only delay the inevitable...third lockdown
          rinse & repeat
          It won't die out because at this point in time, TPTB controlling the outcome won't let a good crisis go to waste.
          I've been getting some stats from a nursing home that had ZERO cases of in-house COVID19 for probably a few weeks. Then, suddenly, they got 9 new admissions from outside hospitals in which 8 people had tested positive with COVID19. A week later, one staff worker tested positive for COVID19.

I have a relative living there in the high risk *care* zone. NO ONE has had the virus there in weeks -- staff or resident/patient. No resident living there is permitted in that area to move outside the building without going thru the whole 14-day quarantine routine (that means to see a doctor or dentist or medical related treatment). So, now that these new COVID19 cases suddenly showed up on the doorsteps, my relative still is NOT permitted to leave the building nor have any visitors. This situation is on-going and will NOT stop, not until a "vaccine" is given to everyone living there... (I called up and asked and got basically told that). It almost seems that apparently, some Power-That-Be recognized there was ZERO cases of COVID19 there, so suddenly new cases got shipped in to keep the LOCKDOWN continuing indefinitely. Really?

Anywho... Was wondering where to ask or note the following issue.

Restaurants and eateries are being forced to eat outside with "social distancing". Because of bad weather days, a tent-like umbrella is sometimes set up over the table area(s). Short of making these tents a permanent pavillion area, it has been recommended to place some plastic tent flaps as temporary walls. WALLS. The whole "don't eat in a restaurant building, because it is a closed in space with WALLS" doesn't make sense with this temporary tent-wall FIX. Yah think?

However, there have been places which have already set up the plastic walls to wind and rain proof the side areas. Heaters have even been recommended to be placed into these areas to "circulate" warmer air during the colder weather. So, what exactly is the difference between doing that to an OUTSIDE Tent, which becomes a closed-in area pavillion, in comparison to going indoors into the restaurant where the temperatures are controlled and weather proofed..?

I've been in those sealed up tents in the winters with the heaters and fans blowing the heat around. Yes, it might be warmer than being outside those plastic flaps, but it is still inside an enclosed area. Plus, besides the air being blown around on the inside, the tables and chairs or benches closest to the plastic flap walls usually get wet from wind blowing between the plastic seams, not to also mention causing pools of wet ground on the so called "floor". I always had to bring a plastic garbage bag to cover my seat every bad winter I had to spend in those sorts of covered tents, just so I could keep me and my clothes and any bags off the (wet or soggy) ground to stay basically high and dry.

So, when are people going to wise up and realize that there is no difference in being under an enclosed tent flap vs being inside a warm and snug building..? These insanity measures being dished out "to protect the populations" are just irresponsible and ridiculous at best.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

I have a relative living there in the high risk *care* zone. NO ONE has had the virus there in weeks -- staff or resident/patient. No resident living there is permitted in that area to move outside the building without going thru the whole 14-day quarantine routine (that means to see a doctor or dentist or medical related treatment). So, now that these new COVID19 cases suddenly showed up on the doorsteps, my relative still is NOT permitted to leave the building nor have any visitors. This situation is on-going and will NOT stop, not until a "vaccine" is given to everyone living there... (I called up and asked and got basically told that). It almost seems that apparently, some Power-That-Be recognized there was ZERO cases of COVID19 there, so suddenly new cases got shipped in to keep the LOCKDOWN continuing indefinitely. Really?
            TPTB = pharma industry has the most to gain from Covid19 & guess who's cozying up to them - your own Government. but can't blame that one can you?

Comment

It won't die out because at this point in time, TPTB controlling the outcome won't let a good crisis go to waste.
              I've been getting some stats from a nursing home that had ZERO cases of in-house COVID19 for probably a few weeks. Then, suddenly, they got 9 new admissions from outside hospitals in which 8 people had tested positive with COVID19. A week later, one staff worker tested positive for COVID19.

Agreed. I'm familiar with that situation and it's pure politics. Nothing more.

Restaurants and eateries are being forced to eat outside with "social distancing". Because of bad weather days, a tent-like umbrella is sometimes set up over the table area(s). Short of making these tents a permanent pavillion area, it has been recommended to place some plastic tent flaps as temporary walls. WALLS. The whole "don't eat in a restaurant building, because it is a closed in space with WALLS" doesn't make sense with this temporary tent-wall FIX. Yah think?

However, there have been places which have already set up the plastic walls to wind and rain proof the side areas. Heaters have even been recommended to be placed into these areas to "circulate" warmer air during the colder weather. So, what exactly is the difference between doing that to an OUTSIDE Tent, which becomes a closed-in area pavillion, in comparison to going indoors into the restaurant where the temperatures are controlled and weather proofed..?

I've been in those sealed up tents in the winters with the heaters and fans blowing the heat around. Yes, it might be warmer than being outside those plastic flaps, but it is still inside an enclosed area. Plus, besides the air being blown around on the inside, the tables and chairs or benches closest to the plastic flap walls usually get wet from wind blowing between the plastic seams, not to also mention causing pools of wet ground on the so called "floor". I always had to bring a plastic garbage bag to cover my seat every bad winter I had to spend in those sorts of covered tents, just so I could keep me and my clothes and any bags off the (wet or soggy) ground to stay basically high and dry.

So, when are people going to wise up and realize that there is no difference in being under an enclosed tent flap vs being inside a warm and snug building..? These insanity measures being dished out "to protect the populations" are just irresponsible and ridiculous at best.
              Protect the population my arse. The only thing being protected is the financial interests of the restaurants.

Back in June or so, various restaurants asked for and obtained permission to set up outdoor tables and such on public sidewalk and in some cases even public streets. They actually thought it was appropriate to close public facilities (sidewalks & roads) in order to use them as outdoor dining areas.

I understand their motivation; the restaurant business cannot operate profitably unless there is sufficient volume to pay their costs.

That's too freaking bad.

Eating out is a high risk activity for spreading CV (or any other bug) and is by no means an essential activity. No one needs to go into a restaurant to eat. Drive-thru's and such are a different matter; there is no contact between different customers and very little contact between cusstomers and employees. Perfectly fine and far safer. But the dine-in types should be closed right along with any other high risk activity.

Comment

TPTB = pharma industry has the most to gain from Covid19 & guess who's cozying up to them - your own Government. but can't blame that one can you?
                This is not the result of the pharma industry. SGalisa is referring to specific events in a specific part of the US that are more political than anything else, so I can't go into further details.

Comment

This is not the result of the pharma industry. SGalisa is referring to specific events in a specific part of the US that are more political than anything else, so I can't go into further details.
                  Yes, it's our Democratic Governor who started this charade. NOT Big Pharma.
                  It's Murphy's LAW in more ways than one, since he is the person who made the "lockdown" ruling into law (for NJ, that is). Seems to be rather permanent now than merely "on-going" as necessary.

Hate to also add that ALL of our office's classes got cancelled from March into December 2020. Nothing is scheduled for next year, nor is anything expected to even begin being scheduled until after the end of June 2021, which mildly translates "this is on-going, so don't expect public classes to start anytime soon, if then". Everything else is being done via internet... stressing the grid and bandwidth of many ISPs involved. So, TPTB observing elsewhere are *assumed* to be expecting the entire system to fail one way or another, and they are doing they utmost best to ensure FAILURE at nearly every level so that the businesses collapse. Then, they can blame it on guess who...
                  (that's political and verbotten to mention, so use that noggin of an imagination... )

Meantime, if we run out of work, it rots to be us. Working on back-logged projects in the meantime. Once that is finished, there is only so much an employee can "milk the cow" so to speak and get away with stretching out productivity, before getting booted out the door. Which, if nothing changes soon, the entire company might be closing down ... not just the few of us waiting to update existing work and create newer projects.

Comment

Protect the population my arse. The only thing being protected is the financial interests of the restaurants.

Back in June or so, various restaurants asked for and obtained permission to set up outdoor tables and such on public sidewalk and in some cases even public streets. They actually thought it was appropriate to close public facilities (sidewalks & roads) in order to use them as outdoor dining areas.

I understand their motivation; the restaurant business cannot operate profitably unless there is sufficient volume to pay their costs.

That's too freaking bad.

Eating out is a high risk activity for spreading CV (or any other bug) and is by no means an essential activity. No one needs to go into a restaurant to eat. Drive-thru's and such are a different matter; there is no contact between different customers and very little contact between cusstomers and employees. Perfectly fine and far safer. But the dine-in types should be closed right along with any other high risk activity.
                    That's where I disagree. Many people are claiming your very thinking as the reasons for keeping restaurants operational. But there are some places that DO NOT use outdoor sidewalks for eating. Those places have LOST lots of business and money. I know of a few.

Besides, WHO is willingly going to go sit outside under some idiot tent set-up in the frigid winter months, while it's either snowing, sleeting or raining and windy, besides those folks who enjoy hiking in the "ala natural outdoors of life"...? The rest of us prefer warmer and dryer climate and surroundings with appropriate "restroom" facilities, too.

Anywho, I am only adding to this disagreement on restaurants, because I was given GIFT cards to eat at certain places and wasn't going to use them for a few months, then COVID19 rules came into existence and put those very places into LOCKDOWN. Several of our former eating places have shut down PERMANENTLY... as in "OUT OF BUSINESS" forever. We know that, because we drove past a few of those very places and read their permanently CLOSED down signs, or had the internet track their status' down for us, while we were trying to find a place to eat after a long drive back home while returning from another state.

I'm not going to complain about some of the take-out order places, because those gift cards we can still use. But my wedding/marriage anniversary dinner (steak & fries) got wiped out, because the restaurant was CLOSED due to the (Governor's mandated) state's shutdown rules. It was a major landmark anniversary date, which we figured we could postpone for a while, but now it seems GONZO. Had it been a minor year event, okay, deal with it... let it go. But this was a major year event, so we were looking forward to eating at a very special place that unfortunately was forced to close its doors for more than just 5 months.

That is why I stated pages and pages ago or on another topic that the NEW Green Deal folks wanted to wipe out the Meat industry's restaurant businesses. Without having to process such an environmental "deal" ... all in the name of COVID19, these people got their wish to shut down the STEAK / MEAT industry handed to them on a free platter, so to speak.

Maybe other people don't like eating a nice STEAK & FRIES, or care about Gift cards being sent as Christmas / birthday gifts, but I had reached a point in life where I decided it was better to ask for food gift cards, than "material items". Now, that such a request was granted by some of our relatives, and we were given several food cards that we NOW cannot use --because of and in the Name of COVID19-- that's a wasted gift on the part of the people who spent what little they had to send in the first place, and is unfair to them. This is what the rest of the world does not see NOR care about. It's not the restaurant that is suffering in this sense, but the person(s) who gave the gift card in the first place. There are NO REFUNDS.

So, say again? (Try to) Look at the bigger picture of everyone who is involved. It's not just the restaurants, but the people who live on an already limited salary, yet scraped up a few dollars into getting a nice gift that now cannot even be used. That is where the tragedy is in part of this COVID19 nonsense. And, it's also another reason why I have stayed away from this topic, because I'm furiously frustrated at the treatment I've seen being given (in real life) to people with limited incomes, as well as those stuck in nursing homes and can't go anywhere.

Oh, and just another little story for reinforcement. Just heard from someone else that husband and wife both got sick and tested positive with COVID19. Husband got extremely ill and sent via emergency to be hospitalized; but his wife is quarantined at home and cannot even see him, even tho SHE has the virus too. So, if he dies, he will die alone because she is NOT permitted to visit him even if she wore a full HAZMAT gear suit. How fair is that? NOT.At.All. This story has been told over and over and over from other people all over the states with similar forced lockdowns, but this particular story here, is from a relative on another side of our family.

When my mom had MRSA, which is highly contagious (and she died 3 weeks later), I was permitted to visit her, but had to wear the protective clothing, hat and booties while I was in the room and had to replace it with a new one if I left to go get food or use the restroom down the hallway. At least I was able to visit with my mom and say my "good-byes" to her WITH her before she died. This other relative cannot even visit her own husband, tho.

Comment

Let me make myself abundantly clear... I'm probably not in the right frame of mine to responding right now but I'm going to restrain myself and reply anyway

Reason 1: lost my grandfather on saturday (old age) and due to covid we'll have a small funeral service on thursday -- and by small, I literally mean small: no remaining family or friends are permitted to attend. The last time I physically saw my grandfather was in January 2020.

Reason 2: I have an uncle who tested positive and has mild symptoms. He's an at-risk person. My other grandfather, who is already carrying an oxygen tank around, is waiting for his results. I have an aunt who is being tested today and won't know her results until wednesday at the latest. I have a nephew who tested negative after coming into contect with a positive person at work...

...so don't tell me this is all some frellin' political game. Count yourself lucky if you've been spared an infection and/or a positive test.

Anywho...

fine they'll party during daytime & hope the virus only comes out at night :|
                      Pretty much...

social distancing is the key cause it's the only thing that works, so question is can you get kids to respect that?
                      Depends on the kids, I think, and how they're being informed on the matter.
                      It's hard, I get that.

For example, a friend of ours has two girls. Eight and six years old, and they understand social distancing quite well.
                      Then again, their mother is an ER-nurse so that doesn't make it any easier to start with.

ok so selling it before 8pm makes a difference?
                      Hey, I'm not making these rules... so beats me.

if Covid's just deadly enough to saturate hospitals (unlike common flu) how come no one in the west has thought of building more hospitals? if the chinese can do it
                      Field hospitals are being used -- as are temporary medical testing places.

Right now, all hospitals in Belgium have to keep half of their ICU's open for covid-cases, which means that other none-life-threatening procedures are being postponed.

SERIOUSLY!?!

I mean, seriously?!?

There's nothing good about this pandemic, other than that I get to work from home instead of the office, and traffic jams are a thing of the past (mostly anyway).

Maybe they had, and decided to keep quiet about it.

I mean, that friend I mentioned above, with the 2 kids, she was present when an older lady was brought into the ER and sneezed right into her face. Turned out she tested positive for covid 2 days earlier, but nobody thought to mention that to the ER-staff.

And if they really didn't have any cases, that's cause for celebrations... however short-lived it might have been.

I have a relative living there in the high risk *care* zone. NO ONE has had the virus there in weeks -- staff or resident/patient. No resident living there is permitted in that area to move outside the building without going thru the whole 14-day quarantine routine (that means to see a doctor or dentist or medical related treatment).
                      Oh hey, maybe that's the reason they haven't had any cases.... because they were extra careful... who knew...

Yes, it's our Democratic Governor who started this charade. NOT Big Pharma.
                      It's Murphy's LAW in more ways than one, since he is the person who made the "lockdown" ruling into law (for NJ, that is). Seems to be rather permanent now than merely "on-going" as necessary.
                      I just glanced at the New Jersey Covid-19 Information -- very extensive website too -- and I see nothing to complain about. NJ clearly has a governor who wants nothing but the best for his state, which is what a governor should think about first and foremost, about all the people (not just some of them to convenience them).

Meantime, if we run out of work, it rots to be us. Working on back-logged projects in the meantime. Once that is finished, there is only so much an employee can "milk the cow" so to speak and get away with stretching out productivity, before getting booted out the door. Which, if nothing changes soon, the entire company might be closing down ... not just the few of us waiting to update existing work and create newer projects.
                      From that same page I link to above --> What types of benefits or assistance are available to me during the coronavirus outbreak?:

Health Insurance, Prescription Drug Refills, Job Assistance, Unemployment Benefits, Food Assistance, Cash Assistance, Family Leave Benefits, Temporary Disability Benefits, Sick Leave, Legal Aid, Job Protection, Job Search, Resources for Businesses, Resources for Freelancers, Contractors, and Gig Workers, Eviction Protection, Mortgage Relief, Homelessness Services, Child Care Resources, Mental Health Resources, Substance Use/Addiction Treatment, Resources for Immigrants, COVID-19 Testing and Treatment for Undocumented Immigrants, Resources for Veterans, Domestic Violence Hotlines, Resources for Older Residents, Resources for Individuals with Disabilities, Assistance for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Energy Assistance.

And also... Governor Murphy, Lieutenant Governor Oliver, Legislative Leadership, and Congressional Representatives Announce Additional $100 Million for COVID-19 Economic Recovery
                      Funding Will Support Grants for Restaurants and Micro-Businesses, Reduced-Price PPE for Small Companies, Rent Relief for Tenants, and Food Insecurity

When my mom had MRSA, which is highly contagious (and she died 3 weeks later), I was permitted to visit her, but had to wear the protective clothing, hat and booties while I was in the room and had to replace it with a new one if I left to go get food or use the restroom down the hallway. At least I was able to visit with my mom and say my "good-byes" to her WITH her before she died. This other relative cannot even visit her own husband, tho.
                      Because your careworkers are already in short supply of all that ****...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Let me make myself abundantly clear... I'm probably not in the right frame of mine to responding right now but I'm going to restrain myself and reply anyway

Reason 1: lost my grandfather on saturday (old age) and due to covid we'll have a small funeral service on thursday -- and by small, I literally mean small: no remaining family or friends are permitted to attend. The last time I physically saw my grandfather was in January 2020.

Reason 2: I have an uncle who tested positive and has mild symptoms. He's an at-risk person. My other grandfather, who is already carrying an oxygen tank around, is waiting for his results. I have an aunt who is being tested today and won't know her results until wednesday at the latest. I have a nephew who tested negative after coming into contect with a positive person at work...

...so don't tell me this is all some frellin' political game. Count yourself lucky if you've been spared an infection and/or a positive test.

Anywho...
                        First, My condolences for your loss, and best wishes for your uncle & other relatives.

Second, this shouldn't be political, and probably isn't in Belgium. But in the U.S., at this point in time, everything, including CV becomes political as various elected officials twist things to meet their political goals, and in fact it's possible that the entire pandemic was triggered by U.S. politics.

Myself, I think that situation is disgusting, but that is the unfortunate reality here.

SERIOUSLY!?!

I mean, seriously?!?

There's nothing good about this pandemic, other than that I get to work from home instead of the office, and traffic jams are a thing of the past (mostly anyway)
                        SR is quite correct, at least when it comes to the U.S. Officials who think it can be turned to benefit themselves or their aligned interests will have no hesitation at all about prolonging this in order to take advantage of it.

And yes, they were two good things about this. It certainly was far nicer driving when you had to go out, and working at home is far, far better than going to a cubicle farm, CV or no CV.

Comment

Count yourself lucky if you've been spared an infection and/or a positive test.
                          I count myself lucky cause I haven't been spared (apparently)

There's nothing good about this pandemic
                          for them there is

Yes, it's our Democratic Governor who started this charade.
                          "governor"? local? you realize big pharma goes beyond state borders right?

Comment

I count myself lucky cause I haven't been spared (apparently)

for them there is

"governor"? local? you realize big pharma goes beyond state borders right?
                            Replying via PM, as this is political.

Comment

Update: my grandfather tested positive and is now exhibiting symptoms.

My cousin was tested again, no results yet.

I think we should follow Ireland's example and go back into full lockdown until december 1st.
                              It's going to be hard, cause I'm starting to feel the mental drain too, and I'm used to being a loner -- but we should just bite the bullet.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Update: my grandfather tested positive and is now exhibiting symptoms.

My cousin was tested again, no results yet.

I think we should follow Ireland's example and go back into full lockdown until december 1st.
                                It's going to be hard, cause I'm starting to feel the mental drain too, and I'm used to being a loner -- but we should just bite the bullet.
                                Agree with you I do.

We should also go back into lockdown. It's the only chance we have of getting this under control. but the duration should not be a month and change. Would have to last at least 6 months, likely more.

But the moneymen couldn't stand 2 months at the start of this, what are the chances of us doing 6 or more?

Comment

Working...
                                X