This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    I have a fair amount of Eastern European ancestry (Slovak, Lithuanian, probably some Polish and Hungarian too)...who knows...maybe I'm a distant descendant of a winged hussar
    That's quite the Eastern-European melting pot.

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
    But, but,but...what about BABYMETAL?
    Babymetal?

Wait, this Babymetal... a Japanese kawaii metal band. Originally consisting of Suzuka Nakamoto as "Su-metal", Yui Mizuno as "Yuimetal", and Moa Kikuchi as "Moametal", the band was formed with the concept of a fusion of the heavy metal and Japanese idol genres. The band is produced by Kobametal from the Amuse talent agency. Their vocals are backed by heavy metal instrumentation played by the Kami Band during live performances.

probably the last history classes that should be made available to others, even americans themselves, is US history. imo, our history is more like current affairs than histor
    Everything passed is history.
    No matter how recent.

do scandinavian nations have a "remember the sami" day? if so, then i am all for your proposal
    They do. It's February 6.

Sámi National Day

The Sámi National Day (Northern Sami: Sámi álbmotbeaivi, Inari Sami: Säämi aalmugpeivi, Skolt Sami: Saa´mi meersažpei´vv, Southern Sami: Saemiej åålmegebiejjie, Norwegian: Samenes nasjonaldag, Swedish: Samernas nationaldag, Finnish: Saamelaisten kansallispäivä) is an ethnic national day for the Sámi (Saami) people that falls on February 6 as this date was when the first Sámi congress was held in 1917 in Trondheim, Norway. This congress was the first time that Norwegian and Swedish Sámi came together across their national borders to work together to find solutions for common problems.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Babymetal?

Wait, this Babymetal... a Japanese kawaii metal band. Originally consisting of Suzuka Nakamoto as "Su-metal", Yui Mizuno as "Yuimetal", and Moa Kikuchi as "Moametal", the band was formed with the concept of a fusion of the heavy metal and Japanese idol genres. The band is produced by Kobametal from the Amuse talent agency. Their vocals are backed by heavy metal instrumentation played by the Kami Band during live performances.

yeah,, i am surprised you have not heard of them. they are pretty popular in europe. to me, and i think others, japanese heavy metal is pretty akin to eurometal

now some people get all crazy and say dumb stuff like "you just like them because they are girls..." now, i think that person has an issue if when they see a babymetal video, the the first thoughts that come to mind are pedophiliac ones

it is quite the mash up of styles that is for sure. they are excellent live

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

They do. It's February 6.

Sámi National Day

The Sámi National Day (Northern Sami: Sámi álbmotbeaivi, Inari Sami: Säämi aalmugpeivi, Skolt Sami: Saa´mi meersažpei´vv, Southern Sami: Saemiej åålmegebiejjie, Norwegian: Samenes nasjonaldag, Swedish: Samernas nationaldag, Finnish: Saamelaisten kansallispäivä) is an ethnic national day for the Sámi (Saami) people that falls on February 6 as this date was when the first Sámi congress was held in 1917 in Trondheim, Norway. This congress was the first time that Norwegian and Swedish Sámi came together across their national borders to work together to find solutions for common problems.
        well ok!!! sign me up!

Comment

one more

this one with Halford

amazing guy, even a 19yr old (At the time) japanese girl cannot out do him in his high range

Comment

@falconhorus

how about volbeat? there from your "neighborhood"

Comment

yeah,, i am surprised you have not heard of them. they are pretty popular in europe. to me, and i think others, japanese heavy metal is pretty akin to eurometal

now some people get all crazy and say dumb stuff like "you just like them because they are girls..." now, i think that person has an issue if when they see a babymetal video, the the first thoughts that come to mind are pedophiliac ones

it is quite the mash up of styles that is for sure. they are excellent live

Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I mentioned a few months ago that Trump has been gutting every enviro regulations, more specifically those of the migratory birds. Sadly here's another another to add to the bunch:

Trump just gutted the law that saved American bald eagles from extinction

Under the revisions to the act, regulators will now be allowed to weigh “economic factors” when considering whether animals and their habitats deserve protection, the New York Times reports. Such considerations had been prohibited since the law was passed, in 1973; instead, determinations had to be made based solely on science. The changes essentially make it easier for corporations to argue that their economic interests are more important than animal habitats. The bill’s language has also been edited to allow regulators to disregard the impact of climate change.
                All those regulations are there for a reason, debated long ago and deemed essential for the survival of a given species. The migratory birds follow a specific pattern each year, which is why there was an agreement between Mexico/USA/Canada, which Trump broke as well removing the obligations for companies to conform.

50 years ago if you were to walk the streets of NYC in the Spring you would find small dead birds unlike anything you ever seen. Small colorful birds from the jungles of South America, hundreds if not thousands of them would die in a big splat upon converging on NYC. Since then, the skyscrapers are outfitted with special windows which reduced the casualties to a marginal amount.
                *If I recall they also shut down electronics and antennas and lights to reduce collisions while the birds are migrating at night
                Last edited by Chaka-Z0; 12 August 2019, 03:34 PM.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                  I mentioned a few months ago that Trump has been gutting every enviro regulations, more specifically those of the migratory birds. Sadly here's another another to add to the bunch:

Trump just gutted the law that saved American bald eagles from extinction

All those regulations are there for a reason, debated long ago and deemed essential for the survival of a given species. The migratory birds follow a specific pattern each year, which is why there was an agreement between Mexico/USA/Canada, which Trump broke as well removing the obligations for companies to conform.

50 years ago if you were to walk the streets of NYC in the Spring you would find small dead birds unlike anything you ever seen. Small colorful birds from the jungles of South America, hundreds if not thousands of them would die in a big splat upon converging on NYC. Since then, the skyscrapers are outfitted with special windows which reduced the casualties to a marginal amount.
                  *If I recall they also shut down electronics and antennas and lights to reduce collisions while the birds are migrating at night
                  Answer:
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Answer:
                    LOL. Tabarnack thanks for the laugh hadn't seen that one. Yeah I can agree that is probably why.

What an amateur, did you see how he slides his hand underneath the bird's claw? That's literally the definition of triggering a predatory response.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

LOL. Tabarnack thanks for the laugh hadn't seen that one. Yeah I can agree that is probably why.

What an amateur, did you see how he slides his hand underneath the bird's claw? That's literally the definition of triggering a predatory response.
                      The bird hurt him, so he want's to hurt it back.
                      Now he can really hurt it.
                      sigpic

Comment

The bird hurt him, so he want's to hurt it back.
                        Now he can really hurt it.
                        Do we have confirmation of Uncle Sam's well-being? I fear the bird ended up like Epstein.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Do we have confirmation of Uncle Sam's well-being? I fear the bird ended up like Epstein.
                          Wild animals don't have self reflection, that's a human issue.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wild animals don't have self reflection, that's a human issue.
                            Recidivist suicidal animals aren't left unnatended for extended periods of time contrary to protocol, especially if it's Uncle Sam because he's so famous and has ties to a network in France.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Recidivist suicidal animals aren't left unnatended for extended periods of time contrary to protocol, especially if it's Uncle Sam because he's so famous and has ties to a network in France.
                              How much innuendo are you using here, because your words leave a lot of room for interpretation.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am simply pointing out the convenience of it, nothing more.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X