This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Let's see here. Quoting "Grist", an obviously biased site, which focuses on climate change, which is quoting something posted as an advertisement.

Yep, that's credible.
    Also as reported by The Washington Post, NY Times, Time Magazine and others. And while said quote was from something put up as an advertisement it was an advertisement that was presented as an open letter to President Obama on behalf of Donald Trump. So yeah. It's credible.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Let's see here. Quoting "Grist", an obviously biased site, which focuses on climate change, which is quoting something posted as an advertisement.

Yep, that's credible.
      How is quoting something posted as an advertisement bad? If Trump signed something, then it doesn't matter if it was published as an ad, and opinion piece, or as an article. It's all the same. Difference is that a group paid to publish the letter. An opinion piece is written by individuals not associated with the newspaper without having to pay. An article is written by someone working for the newspaper. Beyond that, there's no issue of reliability unless you claim that the ad itself is lying about Trump's involvement in which case that's a bold claim that requires evidence considering how quick Trump is to make lawsuits on things like libel.

As for the reliability of Grist, it's not a newsource as much as it is an advocacy site, but have you tried looking up other news sources?

Washington Post (Confirms that it was released by the NYT and uncovered by the environmental site Grist)
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.67684a35cf22

NYT (This would be libel, bold faced lies, since NYT is taking ownership of the add and providing it here)
      https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mp-Signer.html

Time (Includes another instance of trump talking about Climate change too)
      https://time.com/4362393/donald-trum...ing-it-a-hoax/

To be fair, are we even sure Trump read the letter? It's just as likely that he jumped on a bandwagon not thinking too much about it. After all, his business interests didn't conflict with anything in that letter at the time.

There's just a letter that seems to have gone unnoticed until 2016 and then brought up again about two times since. This isn't really a smoking gun for people who think Alex Jones is a Conservative martyr being attacked for revealing truths like Sandy Hook being a hoax.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Wow doesn't even surprise me anymore. Politicians should be bound by law to uphold campaign promises
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Wow doesn't even surprise me anymore. Politicians should be bound by law to uphold campaign promises
          To be honest I usually don't so much mind politicians when they change their mind on something. We're all human. We're allowed to alter our opinions, especially when they are held to a different context. What I can't abide though is politicians who won't come clean when they do. We'd all far respect them more if they simply said "Well yes I did used to believe that but the evidence I now have access to has made me see it a different way." If that then disrupts a campaign promise then let the electorate decide later.

Of course in this case it's just Trump probably not understanding what he agreed to put his name to previously and of course being scientifically illiterate today.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            We all knew you would deny it. Anything that paints Trump in a negative light you deny.
            Duh. Reality has a well-known liberal bias.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-course-223436
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Liberal biased site. It doesn't count
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Thems bacon grease pit words!
                  sigpic

Comment

I think you could beat Annoyed in the pit
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

The pit is a lie?
                      sigpic

Comment

The pit is where things go to die
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

The pit is where things go to die
                          *puts Jel in the Aurora chair*
                          This is where you go to have a half life.
                          sigpic

Comment

I suppose its better than having no life or its more commonly known.... marriage
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I suppose its better than having no life or its more commonly known.... marriage
                              There ARE advantages to marriage...…….
                              sigpic

Comment

True. You always have a woman around to cook, clean, feed the lizard, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X