X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
    SWAT, it's a bit ambiguous, and its burried deep in this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/us...ting.html?_r=0

But the chief of police was asked about whether there was a chance any of the victims were a victim of friendly fire and he basically sidestepped the question and refused to say yes or no, going into immediate defence mode, so its easy to read into his response that some were (hostages were escaping out the hole they made in the wall, killer comes out same hole and is gun down by swat, if people died around that area, it's easy to see where the assumptions are coming from about friendly fire).

It's a very safe bet that some victims were the result of friendly fire. I hate that term.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Imagine, if you will, how the Orlando massacre might have played out differently if there was a legally armed citizen in the crowd.
      might well have been a dead attacker before 50 people got killed.
      Yes, 2am, after a night on the piss............
      Excellent........

Oh, and there -WAS- a legally armed citizen in the crowd.
      He was killing everyone.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Yes, 2am, after a night on the piss............
        Excellent........
        So, drunk aim... unless they abstain from alcohol when driving, I'm mean carrying a concealed weapon.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          So, drunk aim... unless they abstain from alcohol when driving, I'm mean carrying a concealed weapon.
          I'm sorry, I -remember- being a twenty odd party boy, well, most of it...........
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            I'm sorry, I -remember- being a twenty odd party boy, well, most of it...........

I never drank any alcohol so I remember it all. I was always the designated driver.

Comment

I never drank any alcohol so I remember it all. I was always the designated driver.
              Lucky you, I had to deal with the people who just got dumped, or needed their head held up over the bowl
              sigpic

Comment

That's how he met Mrs. Gatefan
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  I'd rather just have the cops take care of that. At least they have training.
                  and legal protection in case of collateral damage
                  Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  It's a very safe bet that some victims were the result of friendly fire. I hate that term.
                  patriotic fire

Comment

Imagine, if you will, how the Orlando massacre might have played out differently if there was a legally armed citizen in the crowd.
                    Indeed!!

In a crowded room full of scared and injured people being murdered that's exactly what's needed! Another person with a gun shooting into the crowd!

Comment

Does the US still live in the Wild West?

All this talk about armed men and woman, and 16-year olds (hey, if they can drive, they can carry fire arms too), reminds me of these old western movies where they shoot in the air at parties with their peashooters.

Comment

It seems Annoyed does...

But he lives in a very simple black and white world..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          But he lives in a very simple black and white world..
                          If only the world were that simple...

Comment

they don't need armed citizens shooting into the crowd (SWAT already takes care of that)
                            Last edited by SoulReaver; 15 June 2016, 03:02 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Yes, because semi-automatic weapons like the one used in the attack should be readily available to the regular citizen of the US.

Please... you can keep your peashooters, but you don't need a semi-automatic weapon to protect yourself.
                              And what if my job is as a private security operator (which usually you need your OWN weapons for)?? Not all who want guns only use "Personal protection' as the main reason.

There was... AN armed off duty cop/. Didn't get to do much to prevent it..

Does the US still live in the Wild West?

All this talk about armed men and woman, and 16-year olds (hey, if they can drive, they can carry fire arms too), reminds me of these old western movies where they shoot in the air at parties with their peashooters.
                              In quite a few mid eastern, african and even some south american areas, that's still practiced!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                There was... AN armed off duty cop/. Didn't get to do much to prevent it..
                                Yeah, not going to be able to do any good in some cases, but there have been situations where an appropriately armed individual has been able to prevent or minimize carnage.

I bring this up because as sure as I'm sitting here, there is going to be a new round of calls for unconstitutional restrictions on gun ownership. And the sheeple will happily give up their rights in order to obtain more "security".

Comment

Working...
                                X