This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    As I said, there are other manufacturers in the US besides Deere.

https://www.manta.com/mb_35_E620B000..._and_equipment

You think that if Deere gets away with this, the other companies will not follow suit??
    You think a trade war won't put them in the position of being able to follow suit??
    You were a mechanic for god's sake, how many vehicles have "authorised dealer" tags, but you knew you could fix?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

You think that if Deere gets away with this, the other companies will not follow suit??
      You think a trade war won't put them in the position of being able to follow suit??
      You were a mechanic for god's sake, how many vehicles have "authorised dealer" tags, but you knew you could fix?
      All transportation companies does that. If I change a single bolt myself on my 2015 Honda I'll lose the extended warranty I paid so much for. It feels weird, because I used to do all the repairs on my car myself and now I need to bring it over for a mundane oil change.

What's the big bonehead here? You guys want REAL bonehead? Read this.

The newly elected PM of Quebec was on a very popular talk show not long after his election. His sister was there as well, and he kind of french-kissed her live on national TV. Now this is the running joke all over the province and man I can tell you that this label will stick to him FOREVER.

It is a tradition in some part of our province that siblings kiss on the mouth, my grandmother was like that. But kissing your sister on national TV in that fashion is just laughable
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

That's almost as bad as Trump backing E85(15 % ethanol gasoline), which I heard he was going to do today at a speech.

Comment

I don't think Deere is going to get away with it. It's gonna get fought out in the courts, and if I had to place a bet, I would say that Deere is gonna lose. Anti-Trust laws and such.

Comment

I don't think Deere is going to get away with it. It's gonna get fought out in the courts, and if I had to place a bet, I would say that Deere is gonna lose. Anti-Trust laws and such.
            I think they already have got away with it, because the precedent was set well before this.
            As for Anti-trust laws, you -do- realise that you have been ignoring them for at least 2 years, right?
            Nepotism is a part of anti-trust, which are based on the emoluments clause of the constitution (you know, that thing you like when it is convenient, but ignore when it isn't)

You also did not answer my question.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              All transportation companies does that. If I change a single bolt myself on my 2015 Honda I'll lose the extended warranty I paid so much for. It feels weird, because I used to do all the repairs on my car myself and now I need to bring it over for a mundane oil change.

What's the big bonehead here? You guys want REAL bonehead? Read this.

The newly elected PM of Quebec was on a very popular talk show not long after his election. His sister was there as well, and he kind of french-kissed her live on national TV. Now this is the running joke all over the province and man I can tell you that this label will stick to him FOREVER.

It is a tradition in some part of our province that siblings kiss on the mouth, my grandmother was like that. But kissing your sister on national TV in that fashion is just laughable

Video or it didn't happen
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I think they already have got away with it, because the precedent was set well before this.
                As for Anti-trust laws, you -do- realise that you have been ignoring them for at least 2 years, right?
                Nepotism is a part of anti-trust, which are based on the emoluments clause of the constitution (you know, that thing you like when it is convenient, but ignore when it isn't)

You also did not answer my question.
                Vehicles have had tags about unauthorized repairs voiding warranties for decades, but they have never blocked the vehicle from operating if a 3rd party tech worked on it. Also, the courts have held that the OEM's can't require maintenance be done by OEM certified techs to keep the warranty in effect. All the owner has to do is perform the maintenance as specified by the OEM; scheduled oil changes/tune-ups/whatever and keep records.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Video or it didn't happen
                  https://www.journaldequebec.com/2018...nternet-capote
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Vehicles have had tags about unauthorized repairs voiding warranties for decades, but they have never blocked the vehicle from operating if a 3rd party tech worked on it. Also, the courts have held that the OEM's can't require maintenance be done by OEM certified techs to keep the warranty in effect. All the owner has to do is perform the maintenance as specified by the OEM; scheduled oil changes/tune-ups/whatever and keep records.
                    I mean the whole warranty thing I can understand, but actually blocking your vehicle? That's just straight up abusive and should be illegal.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

eeewwww
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I mean the whole warranty thing I can understand, but actually blocking your vehicle? That's just straight up abusive and should be illegal.
                        It is being reviewed in the courts.

Comment

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/i...ne-pieuvre.php

Article in French but all you need to see is the video really.

Translation: ''A seal attacks a kayaker striking him with a squid''
                          Spoiler:

Comment

It is being reviewed in the courts.
                            You mean the courts you just gave control of to corporations?
                            Good luck with that. You gave corporations the same rights as the individual, with a much, much bigger wallet, and as you say money (or power) talks
                            sigpic

Comment

Man swims naked in a shark tank

No wonder this guy is from Toronto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgyI9Nm7QVo
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Man swims naked in a shark tank

No wonder this guy is from Toronto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgyI9Nm7QVo
                                We call that the weekend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X