This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I am what might be considered "elderly", and I'm never fooled by these scams. I've often called them on their scam and they immediately hang up. Plus, my brother works for Microsoft and says the company would never make calls like that. It just amuses me to call them on their stupidity. They occasionally try to talk their way out of the accusation, but when I won't let them off the hook, they hang up on me.
    yeah I didn't say ALL elderly get taken in but in general when it comes to technology the elderly are generally taken in because most of them don't know just what you can do with technology these days....I myself have aggressive adblockers installed that generally kills pretty much most ads, including the ads that pop up those fake virus scans in an attempt to scam you

my mom nearly got taken in by one though...I had set her straight and had her stop payment on the outgoing payment and got all the stuff they put on off

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      The reason Obama did not get more accomplished was because of the total obstruction by Congress.

You mean you stand to do well from the trillion dollars Trump gave away to the top 1% and nothing to the middle or lower class? How will you be benefiting from that?

And taxes have already gone up on the middle and lower classes; they have not been lowered for any of those people. How has Trump lowered spending?
      And why did Congress obstruct Obama's agenda? Because the people of the country rejected Obama's agenda at the ballot box by turning both houses of Congress over to the Republicans.

And I benefit directly from the tax reform package by the doubling of the standard deduction, which will lower my federal tax bill significantly.

If you wish to continue this, please migrate to the political discussion thread, this thread is not intended to be political.

Comment

Guy with home-made ''roller-skating suit'' in China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFsB0pfVO0Q

Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

wasn't there a movie with Jackie Chan that involved a "roller suit?"

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. Roadkill on wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

Practicing for that award that you win.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Dunno what they're using for brains down there...
                As much as I wish I'd never heard of Bill or Hillary Clinton, I'm not fond of revisionist history.

But the amazingly stupid part is they think they can actually do it.

Texas State Board of Education votes to erase Hillary Clinton from history curriculum

Comment

so.... black hole killing everyone.... what do you think are the chances now that they have started making micro black holes on earth, literal micro scopic black holes....

only takes one to have a freak occurance give it the material it needs to last longer then a fraction of a second to survive long enough to consume more of the material shielding it and creating a gravity effect :/

perhaps its already created a permenant echo in the local subspace if subspace exists and is affected by black holesl.... who knows maybe more micro black holes are being made or floating along near earth now :/

Comment

I don't know think "subspace" is a thing in theoretical physics.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it might be a valid, but extremely remote concern. Like, roughly equal to me winning the lottery 100 times in a row. But I have to admit its possible. How many discoveries have been made by "accident" ?
                      As far as whether subspace exists or not, or if it is even possible to have a sustainable black hole, we don't know enough to have an informed opinion on the matter.

Comment

Who is making micro black holes?

If you are talking about CERN then there is no risk at all. The laws of physics rule over everything and a micro black hole can't sustain itself. So says 100 textbooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          I think it might be a valid, but extremely remote concern. Like, roughly equal to me winning the lottery 100 times in a row. But I have to admit its possible. How many discoveries have been made by "accident" ?
                          As far as whether subspace exists or not, or if it is even possible to have a sustainable black hole, we don't know enough to have an informed opinion on the matter.
                          Maybe we've got Romulans somewhere on our planet

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            Who is making micro black holes?

If you are talking about CERN then there is no risk at all. The laws of physics rule over everything and a micro black hole can't sustain itself. So says 100 textbooks.
                            According to everything we know about it. Who says we know all there is to know about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              According to everything we know about it. Who says we know all there is to know about it?

Well physics......

As the current laws of physics that we know stand micro black holes lack the energy to self sustain.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Well physics......

As the current laws of physics that we know stand micro black holes lack the energy to self sustain.
                                That's exactly my point. We don't know everything.
                                How many discoveries have we made by accident? What if it is possible to create a self-sustaining hole, but we don't yet know how. What if some sort of accident or mistake hits upon the as yet unknown circumstance where it can happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X