Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Kindergartner continues to display her stupidity...

AOC blames Twitter, readers after called out for tweets about Alabama pro-life law

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez blamed Twitter's character limitations -- and the reading skills of her critics -- after getting called out for spreading misinformation about the newly signed abortion ban in Alabama.

The New York Democrat used the social media platform to criticize the law, which was signed by the governor on Wednesday and outlaws nearly all abortions in the state. The same law also makes performing an abortion a felony, punishable by up to 99 years or life in prison unless the mother’s health is at risk, with no exceptions for women impregnated by rape or incest.

“Alabama lawmakers are making all abortions a felony punishable w jail time, including women victimized by rape+incest,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a tweet.

“Of course, no added punishments for rapists. It’s going to [Governor Kay Ivey’s] desk. She will decide the future of women’s rights in Alabama.”

The tweet was immediately called out by conservative commentators, who pointed out that the law specifically targets the abortion providers and is designed to not punish women.

“This is a lie,” tweeted the Daily Wire’s Michel Knowles, citing a portion of the law that specifically addresses the issue.

“Section 5. No woman upon whom an abortion is performed or attempted to be performed shall be criminally or civilly liable. Furthermore, no physician confirming the serious health risk to the child's mother shall be criminally or civilly liable for those actions,” read the bill’s text.

“Everything about this tweet by @AOC is false,” wrote Caleb Hull. “Women who receive abortions in Alabama do NOT face jail time under the new Heartbeat bill. It is doctors who face prison if they illegally perform abortions and are convicted of a felony, not the pregnant women.”

Ocasio-Cortez didn’t admit her error and instead went on to blame the social media platform for having limited space.

“It’s a felony punishable by jail, [including] cases of women pregnant by rape or incest. Twitter is 280 [characters] - read the context clues in grammar of the tweet,” she tweeted.

“But good to know you’re here to promote criminalizing medical providers aiding victims of rape and incest! good job.”

She also challenged those who claimed women wouldn't face felony charges, implying that they overlooked that women medical staffers could face charges for providing abortion services.

The Alabama abortion ban ignited a debate across the country, with critics arguing that it’s going too far while more conservative people say the law rightfully targets abortion providers.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) vowed to sue the law was first approved in the state Senate on Tuesday and reiterated the plan to sue on Wednesday.

A similar pro-life law has been enacted in Georgia, with Gov. Brian Kemp signing the “heartbeat” bill into law that prohibits abortions in the state after a heartbeat is detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. The law allows exceptions in the case of rape, incest, or if the life of the mother is in danger.
    OF course, the real purpose behind this bill is to put the whole abortion issue before the SCOTUS.

What is she gonna do when they flip Roe v. Wade on its end?

Comment

Section 6.: This is one of the dumbest bill I've ever seen in my life.

*women are not punished* are you fkn kidding me? They outlawed doctors performing abortions, where do you think the ladies will turn to? The good ol' coca-cola can?

**** Alabama and **** whoever supports this bill, honestly. Go back to the medieval age.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Section 6.: This is one of the dumbest bill I've ever seen in my life.

*women are not punished* are you fkn kidding me? They outlawed doctors performing abortions, where do you think the ladies will turn to? The good ol' coca-cola can?

**** Alabama and **** whoever supports this bill, honestly. Go back to the medieval age.
        It's not a bill any longer. It has been signed into law.

This is the pendulum in action. For a number of years now. the pro-choice crowd has been pushing ever looser restrictions on abortion, to the point where some states now allow live birth abortions. The woman can choose to kill the baby AFTER it is born. That is heinous.

This is the backlash to that. Fortunately for untold numbers of unborn children, it is happening in a period of time that when it inevitably lands on the SCOTUS docket, the court is likely to undo Roe v. Wade altogether, saving the lives of millions of unborn children.

Comment

This isn't backlash to anything, this is religion pressing its agenda forward, nothing more.

Well at least rapists will now be able to see the fruits of their labor in person, so there's that, someone gained something out of this law. To quote the GOP ''it (rape) is something that God intended to happen''.

I'll be waiting on your ranting for those children that grow up without able parents and turn to crime or a life of misery, sucking your tax money away like slush puppie.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

This isn't backlash to anything, this is religion pressing its agenda forward, nothing more.

Well at least rapists will now be able to see the fruits of their labor in person, so there's that, someone gained something out of this law. To quote the GOP ''it (rape) is something that God intended to happen''.

I'll be waiting on your ranting for those children that grow up without able parents and turn to crime or a life of misery, sucking your tax money away like slush puppie.
            I think there should be some consideration for rape/incest victims. But as for the rest of it, it's as simple as "Keep your pants on" or use effective contraception and be prepared for a "surprised", because abstinence is the only 100% effective form of contraception.

Comment

You make it a lot more simplistic than what is reality
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                You make it a lot more simplistic than what is reality
                No, you're expecting people to behave like animals. They are not.
                Animals pair up as they can, biological imperative, plain & simple.

However humans have minds, and free will. We can CHOOSE what to do. If someone chooses to take a risk, that choice is theirs and theirs alone. And they own the consequences of that choice, good or bad.

Why is that so hard to understand?

And in my case, religion has nothing to do with it. I'm agnostic. I just know that murder of the unborn is evil. Particularly when it is for convenience.

Comment

Not everything is black and white
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Not everything is black and white
                    Actually, most things are. People want shades of grey when they want to muddy the water with emotion. Or confuse things with BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      No, you're expecting people to behave like animals. They are not.
                      Animals pair up as they can, biological imperative, plain & simple.

However humans have minds, and free will. We can CHOOSE what to do. If someone chooses to take a risk, that choice is theirs and theirs alone. And they own the consequences of that choice, good or bad.

Why is that so hard to understand?

And in my case, religion has nothing to do with it. I'm agnostic. I just know that murder of the unborn is evil. Particularly when it is for convenience.
                      Yet you have no problem letting children starve to death as they wither away in ignorance with no education and no access to healthcare. In essence you only care about them in theory, but as soon as they become a reality, a fact of life, you don't want to spend a dime on them. You are a childless man who does not want to spend money on children. What exactly are you providing for the propagation of our species and, more specifically, our society? You can be pro-life and that's all good and such, but you miss the key point of the notion of pro-life. Being born isn't the end goal, growing up and providing for society is the end goal. This is another bacon order for Jelgate.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        Actually, most things are. People want shades of grey when they want to muddy the water with emotion. Or confuse things with BS.
                        I call BS. Shade of gray exist because decision making is not binary.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

This one topic I am implacable on. No laws should restrict anyone usage of their own bodies. Regardless how you look at it it's wrong I know but one thing I know for sure is that not me, not you, not even the crusty lawmakers should have a say in this.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

This one topic I am implacable on. No laws should restrict anyone usage of their own bodies. Regardless how you look at it it's wrong I know but one thing I know for sure is that not me, not you, not even the crusty lawmakers should have a say in this.
                            So you are okay with someone terminating a pregnancy two days before the due date? You're making an absolutist claim here, so I am wondering if you really mean it. And for clarity I mean killing the unborn child.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              So you are okay with someone terminating a pregnancy two days before the due date? You're making an absolutist claim here, so I am wondering if you really mean it. And for clarity I mean killing the unborn child.
                              I am not against restrictions and regulations, I def. wouldn't be okay with that.

The ban or the belief forced onto women that don't even get the option is just plain wrong.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

If you want to know me personally I believe in the brain pattern theory, which would be where I draw the line.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X