This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Not really, as you may have noted I'm of the opinion that in general, people should just stay home unless they've got a really, really good reason to go someplace.
    Speaking for myself, I have no desire at all to travel outside the US, and very little desire to travel within it.
    No, I am in agreement that you have absolutely no curiosity in what goes on outside your little corner of the speck of the universe, a speck you don't like, but stay there anyway, even when you could have moved out when you were fully functional as a mechanic with no ties to an immediate family.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It is even more the Democrats' fault than that. If the DNC had not anointed Hillary, and had let Bernie run, I don't think we would have ever had a President Trump.
      Why?
      Hillary won the PEOPLE'S vote, the PEOPLE kicked Trump to the curb, the PEOPLE kicked Bush Jr to the Curb in 2000, but your party did not care about the people in either case, you got to win "cause the system"
      You don't speak for the people, you speak for the system.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Not really, as you may have noted I'm of the opinion that in general, people should just stay home unless they've got a really, really good reason to go someplace.
        Speaking for myself, I have no desire at all to travel outside the US, and very little desire to travel within it.
        that is called paranoia
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

That show sucks. I watched the first two eps.. that was enough for me.
          It's a rehash of a Star Trek: TOS episode, anyway, "Return of the Archons" if I remember right.. the one with "Landru" the computer running things.
          The first & second movie were good, what came after sucks (I'd suggest watching the first one, quite good, I'm not even going to give the show a shot). They already ruined it with 4 movies of prequels and sequels. I would strongly suggest you watch the first purge movie. I remember at the time I thought it was a very laughable concept, absolute fiction. Now? I'm not so sure.

Watch the first movie, it might help you realize this is a possible future for your country if you leave the reins in the hands of the right radicals and religious fanatics we talked about earlier. And of course, it is a really entertaining movie.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            That has nothing to do with our discussion dude, we have been getting them, left or right for decades. The battle there is LOST, unless anything actually comes if the SCOTUS's OWN investigation of kavenaugh, it's done.
            This is the failure of the left, rehashing done decisions, it's DONE, so what do you do now? Hillary won the popular vote, but the race is done and she did not win, and nothing will change that. How about you just empower the majority of people who voted FOR the democratic party to actually cross the damn line?
            depends on them Dems dont it

suppose they return to power
            in theory from what I gathered Congress can override Scotus (it's been done once apparently) and the president can simply ignore Scotus laws
            no president has ever done so yet cause that would "compromise the integrity of the institutions" or something like that '(don't remember the exact words) so it depends of the Dems will grow a pair especially since this time they'll have an excellent excuse because the Scotus has lost its legitimacy

Comment

so any thoughts on Kanye West's latest performance

not sure if he belongs in a labour camp or a loony bin

Comment

Maybe both which is probably why he is qualified to run Trump's new EPA head
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Maybe both which is probably why he is qualified to run Trump's new EPA head
                  And that jackass is openly pro-trump which means many of his followers (fans) will vote for Trump, no questions asked.

Hopefully things won't go South.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Georgia's a corrupt fascist neocon ****hole so this wont be a surprise:

http://time.com/5421332/georgia-bria...ers-governor/#

so the one who's running for re-election is also the one in charge of voter registration

that's like a fox guarding the chickens

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      depends on them Dems dont it

suppose they return to power
                      in theory from what I gathered Congress can override Scotus (it's been done once apparently) and the president can simply ignore Scotus laws
                      no president has ever done so yet cause that would "compromise the integrity of the institutions" or something like that '(don't remember the exact words) so it depends of the Dems will grow a pair especially since this time they'll have an excellent excuse because the Scotus has lost its legitimacy
                      Not quite. The courts and SCOTUS are the final arbitrator. Otherwise, Trump would not have been stymied by various decisions of the courts, particularly the ultra-liberal 9th circuit. He would have just done what he wanted anyway.

Same goes for Congress.

SCOTUS has been very useful for the left for a long time now. Just because the shoe is on the other foot doesn't lessen its legitimacy at all.

Face it. The Democrats screwed up big time in 2016, and they're going to be paying for that mistake for a generation or more.

Comment

No worse than Taylor Swift's antics.

I don't like either of them musically, and from his other antics in the past, I consider West a boorish cad, but each has the right to their opinions. Just because you disagree with West doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to express it.

And before you bother with the comparison to the NFL players, they are expressing their views ON THEIR OWN TIME, not while representing their employers.

Comment

SCOTUS has been very useful for the left for a long time now
                          what the hell you talking about
                          Scotus has been 5/4 conservative at least since start of 21st century

just cause a pseudo-swing judge sometimes ruled with the progressives (mostly on trivial topics) doesn't make him a progressive

in the end Anthony Kennedy proved he was a pure conservative

SCOTUS has been very useful for the left for a long time now. Just because the shoe is on the other foot doesn't lessen its legitimacy at all.

Face it. The Democrats screwed up big time in 2016, and they're going to be paying for that mistake for a generation or more.
                          no but what does destroy its legitimacy is having a justice who's proven to have committed perjury (not to mention who's a Koch-puppet which means Scotus is no longer the guarantor of the constitution)

nothing actually forces a president or government to respect a Scotus law
                          yea I know this would create a "constitutional crisis" but 1) the People would be on the side of the government (for once) so it'd be legit and 2) that'd still be better than an illegitimate elitist Scotus/ Supreme Deep State

Comment

nothing actually forces a president or government to respect a Scotus law
                            yea I know this would create a "constitutional crisis" but 1) the People would be on the side of the government (for once) so it'd be legit and 2) that'd still be better than an illegitimate elitist Scotus/ Supreme Deep State
                            Big problem with that nowadays is that the international community can intervene if a President / leader goes rogue' in forms of trade sanctions and squeeze a country to a financial mess. Then you get a sort of Marie Antoinette and a fresh leader is born.

Wars are fought on many fronts.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Also, repeating that the Dems will pay for their actions is short-sighted. Canada is already affected by Trump's trade lasagnas he keeps pulling every now and then.

Hell if Trump only asked nicely we would've given a Tim Hortons meal and timbits/coffee package to every US citizen. For free. While apologizing.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                And that jackass is openly pro-trump which means many of his followers (fans) will vote for Trump, no questions asked.

Hopefully things won't go South.
                                Above comments are not surprising. Expected... just as noted below.

I think it's disgraceful how fellow celebrities, musicians, a majority of the "MSM", and most of the more popular Democrats are treating him. Once a person from the celebrity / popular club level goes against the DEM agenda and mantras, AND unless that person in question stops, reprograms and (finally) go along with the DEM *mind*flow and agenda(s) as *expected* performances, they become an outcast. That is how the DEMs or at least the media/MSM are treating Kanye West's visit and communication efforts with "President" Donald Trump.

Heard on the radio----Celebrities and political DEMs are hailing Kanya West as being labelled as mentally ill (and not related to his bi-polar issue, but his political POV). BTW, regarding his bi-polar issue--he claims was misdiagnosed due to sleep deprivation.
                                (see article at Yahoo! link below in article title...
                                "Kanye West Explains Calling George W. Bush Racist in 2005: 'I Was Caught Up in a Victim Mentality'"
                                by Tierney McAfee, {People} October 11, 2018)

Also, people would expect one specific political party to encourage voting for THAT party for numbers reasons. But since Kanye West's outspoken views as seeming to be PRO-Trump, the DEMs are especially encouraging (ALL) black people to vote Democrat, because the DEMs believe *only* mentally ill people vote Republican. Coming from a political jack-a** donkey saying such a thing like that. SHAME on them DEMs..!

The Democrats have a symbolically appropriate avatar (jack-a** critter) for their political party.

"The Democratic Party's Stealth War On Black Americans"
                                John Hawkins
                                Posted: Jul 06, 2007 12:00 AM

If you look back through American history and find a black American being enslaved, lynched, railroaded, or persecuted, 99 times out of a hundred, you'll find a Democrat behind it. The hated and feared KKK? Throughout most of its history, it was little more than a hooded, thuggish arm of the Democratic Party.
                                . . .
                                Democrats cooked up the great society, welfare, food stamps, and all other manner of government goodies because they said they wanted to "help" people. What was the result of that "help?" The Democrats did something that they hadn't managed to do when they enslaved black Americans, persecuted them with Jim Crow laws, or terrorized them with the Ku Klux Klan: they managed to nearly destroy the black family.
                                . . .
                                Black Americans have been voting for the Democratic Party for 40 years and they may be voting for them for another 40 years the way things are going. This is despite the fact that the worst places for black Americans in this country to live are always run by Democrats.
                                . .
                                So, there it is. In black and white or whatever color those words were written in elsewhere on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X