This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Philadelphia accountant Greg Piatek had said he went to the bar in January 2017, shortly after Trump entered office, and was told to leave after he complained about the staff’s service.

The bar's lawyer pointed out in court that only religious beliefs, not political ones, were protected under state and local discrimination laws.
    How many times have I told you, in this country, it is very well established that bars have the right to choose whom to admit and serve? How do you think clubs are able to have a line with the bouncer going down the line and selecting who gets in?

We've been over and over this, the only difference is that in your world, business's choice on whom to serve shouldn't extend to certain groups that seek preferential treatment under the law.

Comment

Several times. Repeating doesn't change you being wrong
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

And bouncers do in fact pick and choose who gets in to clubs. Have you even been to a nightclub Annoyed?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And who's beliefs have power here?
          Better question, what does belief have to do with Due process?
          Due process is an arbitrary system affecting all equally, Belief only affects the believer.
          May have been poorly phrased. But open the door to forcing people to go against their beliefs, and you will never be able to close it again.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Not going to quote huge portions of the previous pages, but seems like most of you liberals/left-leaning folks have a very unhealthy *obession* with Hitler.

Have some of *You* folks been watching too much "The Man In the High Castle"...?
            It's pretty obvious reading some of the comments on another forum site, how twisted the (miserable) *wishful* thinking is in rewriting our USA history school books.

Historically speaking, Hitler was just a pawn of a bigger fish predator (from the spiritual realm, that is). Many Catholics I've ever known regarded Hitler as a "bad Catholic" -- Catholic in name only, NOT in deed except for maybe the repetitious rituals.

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
            Once a person from the celebrity / popular club level goes against the DEM agenda and mantras, AND unless that person in question stops, reprograms and (finally) go along with the DEM *mind*flow and agenda(s) as *expected* performances, they become an outcast. That is how the DEMs or at least the media/MSM are treating Kanye West's visit and communication efforts with "President" Donald Trump.
            . . .

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            unlike the Trumpets & other neocons whose worship of Government is so hard-wired & their thinking (or lack thereof, since they let Government & the elites do it for them) so primal that it's irreversible & impossible to reprogram :/
            Not everyone "worships the Government"... ultra-libs & Democrat bots maybe. But not common sense folks. If *Common Sense* is a form of hard-wiring...THEN, it is a precious *gift* to be treasured... and not wrecklessly tossed out regardless of which manipulating side is chipping away at the invisible force-field holding "Common Sense" into its firm foundation place.

"Common sense" shields out *any* nonsense / deceitful reprogramming. Only those with *wisdom* will have this ability to guard against the nonsense/etc. reprogramming.
            Thus, the *current* Democratic mindset (follower) is a skull full of mush...easily manipulated into being reshaped and molded into a reprogrammed zombie. RINO's are susceptible to being manipulated, too, especially if their "shielding" ability is or has been weakened.

(e.g., John McCain was a primo example of Democrat-RINO manipulation, esp. in his voting against Trump AND the people whom McCain *promised* he'd vote "yes" on certain items, but turned around and voted "NO" just because Trump was still President)

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Spoiler:
            "The Democratic Party's Stealth War On Black Americans"
            John Hawkins
            Posted: Jul 06, 2007 12:00 AM

If you look back through American history and find a black American being enslaved, lynched, railroaded, or persecuted, 99 times out of a hundred, you'll find a Democrat behind it. The hated and feared KKK? Throughout most of its history, it was little more than a hooded, thuggish arm of the Democratic Party.
            . . .
            Democrats cooked up the great society, welfare, food stamps, and all other manner of government goodies because they said they wanted to "help" people. What was the result of that "help?" The Democrats did something that they hadn't managed to do when they enslaved black Americans, persecuted them with Jim Crow laws, or terrorized them with the Ku Klux Klan: they managed to nearly destroy the black family.
            . . .
            Black Americans have been voting for the Democratic Party for 40 years and they may be voting for them for another 40 years the way things are going. This is despite the fact that the worst places for black Americans in this country to live are always run by Democrats.
            . . .

Seriously, do you get your news in a cereal box or something? Oh and by the way, the Tea Party and the Deportation bus sends their regards.
            So Chaka-Z0... you are on that Deportation bus?

I was born here (metro NJ area USA). Moved out to Michigan and back home to NJ. Haven't left this area since 1st grade. Jeeze, that's over 50 years ago... Oh, and I'm not a Tea Party or Tea drinker person. I don't even like coffee, either.

The article came from the Townhall, which is often ON target with its messages. Moreso than what the MSM prints.
            Again... for the record... townhall(dot)com in link...
            "The Democratic Party's Stealth War On Black Americans"
            John Hawkins
            Posted: Jul 06, 2007 12:00 AM
            Which, btw, speaking of the MSM... the MSM was (and still is) either under President Obama's spell--as they seemed to worship him as "Messiah" with a halo nicely centered in several of his photos ... or the MSM was under some sort of media silenced mode (by Democratic authorization) and under *advisement* to "print what they are *told* to print or else...!" Anyone who violated that *policy* found themselves either fired or forced out to a lesser, desirable job position. Read about those incidents several times from different people at various MSM affiliates, during Obama's presidential terms/Admin.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            ...West's music I guess can be liked by some, but have you ever listened to any of his pieces? I bet you didn't, it is downright horrible. He's in the same bucket than PitBull and all these poser bands writing meaningless songs to make $$$. Studio artists....
            I probably heard some of his rap stuff... I hear enough of *it* from other car drivers blasting their stereo speakers at all hours of day and night. How-some-ever...I don't *buy* rap style anyway...

As for other styles of "music"? I don't listen (on my own) to the current trends, but hear them in excess in the stores. Most people here would not like hearing my type of music... it's mostly 1980's Christian and Messianic Christian. ...Oh, and it took a lonnnnng time before I ventured into actually buying Christian ROCK music (as in "hard rock" style over mellower tunes). If I can't understand the words being spoken or sung, I dont' buy it. If I don't like the wording or choice in melody / harmony, I don't buy it, either. Simple choices.

Also, IMO, *any* songs with that efffff "F" word... having *it* in any song makes the song (or story) trashy, IMO. Don't care who sings or speaks it either. Same reaction regardless--even in Tv or movies. (When it is yelled out and/or spoken out in full) It's vulgar and not necessary. Plenty of other choice words to use than *that* effffer one. (!!)

Someone requested music videos at our office's *fancy* Christmas party one year. One of the videos contained the "F" word spoken over and over and over. Apparently, I was the only person in the entire room who heard it, because everyone else was like pretending it wasn't even there... I decided to stop going to that particular Christmas party after that. I really enjoyed the disco-like lighting atmosphere, but there were some *attitudes* there that just ruined the whole evening...

Since then, I decided to (holiday) party with a different group of *crazies* from my 2nd job and actually *enjoy* being with them..!
            We eat in a quieter atmosphere and can actually hear each other speak. Quite a contrast from the other party-group. More casual, more friendly & family fun, and less prissy... and amazingly -- not even "Christian" (cause there's a mixture of spiritual "religions"/beliefs in there). I still don't drink, tho...

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              that bar's a private entity isn't it? and it's not like they have a coercive monopoly on a vital service they provide is it?
              so they can decide who enters their private property
              Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              That's my point exactly. A bakery, bar, or any other privately owned business can decide whom they wish to server and whom they don't. Why should there be special exemptions for one group or another?
              Originally posted by Womble View Post
              May have been poorly phrased. But open the door to forcing people to go against their beliefs, and you will never be able to close it again.
              Why should -anyones- beliefs be held higher than the law in a secular society?
              In a theocratic state, sure go for broke, it's not like that never turns out badly...…...
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

How many times have I told you, in this country, it is very well established that bars have the right to choose whom to admit and serve? How do you think clubs are able to have a line with the bouncer going down the line and selecting who gets in?

We've been over and over this, the only difference is that in your world, business's choice on whom to serve shouldn't extend to certain groups that seek preferential treatment under the law.
                No, the difference is you refuse to see that doing what you describe is -also- wrong and should ALSO be challenged.
                It's got absolutely ZERO to do with preferential treatment.

Additional, have you noticed you had to change the word BAR to CLUBS, and before you argue they are the same thing, they are not.
                Last edited by Gatefan1976; 14 October 2018, 10:01 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  Actually the ones doing the suing to prove a point was the gay couple, not the shop owners, they were just defending themselves.
                  Which is why I said Annoyed deserved his tinfoil hat in this instance.
                  So you could say the ones being donkeys rear ends were the ones who decided to sue they shop for discrimination instead of walking down the high street to the next cake shop and getting it made there, and thank **** the Supreme Court had the common sense to come to the conclusion they did, unlike the lower courts who seemed to be more interested in public opinion than they were anything else.
                  No, what it means is they had a pre-organized agenda.
                  What about the people that don't?
                  This is EXACTLY why I do not agree with "looking for a fight" strategies, no matter who employs them, and people are willing to point it out.
                  This will probably go to the European Court of Human Rights next, all because a person cannot accept no as an answer to a question.
                  What question?
                  I mean, the first thing they teach kids in school nowdays is nobody can tell you what to think, do or say, yet, here's another case of someone not likening the answer they get and suing to change it, how very liberal of them.
                  What utter Bollock's.
                  Unless, Pink Floyd time travelled into the future, and the Wall suddenly is more relevant now than it was then.
                  Merlin was right, it is the doom of men that they forget.
                  sigpic

Comment

Only Pauline could be so dense

:brickwall:

https://www.news.com.au/national/pol...b8bacf9b5f823c

"Oh boy"

Not surprised though the Liberals and Nationals voted WITH Hanson....

28 members voted with her. WTF
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Why should -anyones- beliefs be held higher than the law in a secular society?
                      In a theocratic state, sure go for broke, it's not like that never turns out badly...…...
                      They shouldn't, that's why the law favored the bakery. You can practice your beliefs in private but you cannot force them on another, that's the whole point of freedom of belief.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

What question?
                        "Please bake me a cake that says "support gay marriage"".

Shop owner said "no sorry, this goes against our religious beliefs, please find another caterer".

Gay couples response, instead of going to the other shop, was to sue for discrimination to make the shop bake the cake.

What utter Bollock's.

It's not Bollock's, it is the first thing children are taught in the UK school system.

What is Bollock's is the idiot couple in this case who bankrupted both themselves and the shop owner because they couldn't accept no as an answer.

If it was a case of someone going into a Halal shop and asking for a bacon sandwich there would be hell to pay and they would never be allowed to get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          And bouncers do in fact pick and choose who gets in to clubs. Have you even been to a nightclub Annoyed?
                          Of course, back in the day.. And that's exactly my point. The fact that they can legally do so clearly establishes that a private business can indeed pick and choose whom it wants to serve.

As I keep saying, the bakery case is just a matter of a group of people wanting special treatment; the right to use the power of govt. to force a business to provide a product or service that it doesn't want to.

Comment

No, the difference is you refuse to see that doing what you describe is -also- wrong and should ALSO be challenged.
                            It's got absolutely ZERO to do with preferential treatment.

Additional, have you noticed you had to change the word BAR to CLUBS, and before you argue they are the same thing, they are not.
                            They're both privately owned businesses, are they not?

And good luck getting that situation regarding bars/clubs/etc. changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              They shouldn't, that's why the law favored the bakery. You can practice your beliefs in private but you cannot force them on another, that's the whole point of freedom of belief.
                              Unless, of course, you are a member of a "protected" group and want to force your beliefs on someone who does not agree with them, if you listen to some people.

Comment

They're both privately owned businesses, are they not?

And good luck getting that situation regarding bars/clubs/etc. changed.
                                Big difference between bars & clubs, as GF rightly pointed out. You can't compare a bakery with a bar, they are simply not subject to the same regulations. Bars & clubs need to ensure that underage people don't get in and they have specific customers types to maintain the establishment's reputation, therefore a much more careful selection is made before entering the premise.

Bars = No bouncers usually, a more ''relaxed'' atmosphere, can be a tavern
                                Clubs = Dancing floors / loud music / specific attendance and man female ratio

In the baker's case, if you recall, I was in agreement that he was right not to bake the cake. But now I ask myself, where does this ends? If I go to a bakery and asked for a funny cake with, say, a beer bottle on it, and the owner refuses to bake it since he's Muslim and against alcohol consumption, would you say that he's in his right as well?

Our newly elected provincial Prime Minister (PM) has announced that he would ban all religious signs for people in authority (cops, judges, teachers, etc.) and I think it makes sense to me, although many are angry towards that, it's a taboo topic. I, sure as hell, wouldn't want to be judged in front of a Muslim judge in a DUI case. Does that make me racist?

GF is right, no religious beliefs of ANY kind should be taken into consideration when offering a service and shouldn't have any influence whatsoever towards the law. A ''christian bakery''? Are we going to have Christian hardware stores and supermarkets? Christian restaurants? Gays won't be allowed to buy tools since they will ''gayify'' the objects they touch?

This is a real f***ing joke, hell I'll start my own Cthuluh bakery and only the followers of the mighty Kraken will be able to purchase goods from me. Sorry guys but this BS needs to end, our society is way too politically correct for my liking.
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X