Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just another item to illustrate the bias of the press.
    Yesterday, NY Governor Cuomo stuck his foot in his mouth..

https://www.syracuse.com/politics/in...firestorm.html

"We're not going to Make America Great Again," Cuomo said in Manhattan. "It was never that great. We have not reached greatness. We will reach greatness when every American is fully engaged."
    If Trump or a Republican had said that, CNN, MSNBC and the rest would be shouting it from the rooftops. I haven't seen much about it in my feeds this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      This is not a govt. The owners of this board, through their chosen moderators or whatever have the right to operate the board as they see fit. If I don't like the way they operate it, I have the right to stay away from it.
      Does not address what I was saying at all.
      What about Clarence Thomas? Despite his eventual confirmation, the left opposed him with tactics that might very well have added the term "Thomased" to our language if "Borked" hadn't already happened.
      Bork got "Borked" by his own behaviour, As for Thomas, it was contested. IF the repubs -contested- Garland, they have -every right to do so-, that's perfectly fine and I have no issue with the left and the right coming togeather to get a middle of the road justice.
      They did not, they just outright refused -anyone-. Obama could have requested the most right leaning justice in the US, and the repubs would have denied it "because Obama".
      You still haven't explained how Trump limits the freedom of any news organization to publish whatever it wants. As proven by the overwhelmingly hostile approach to Trump by most of the media.
      He has called for media licences to be revoked before, and he de-legitimizes them almost every day. He calls them the "enemy of the people" for reporting on HIM. That might make them HIS enemy, but not "the peoples enemy" I disagree with the lineup of people on FOX, but that does not make them "the enemy of the people".
      Simple enough for you?
      As for the media's approach, just LOOK at what he says. Hate to tell you, but reporting on the gob****e that flows from his mouth or thumbs is inherently non biased. Reporting "grab em by the pussy" is FACTUAL, reporting him calling people dumb, or retarded, or dogs, or any of the other vile crap WE HAVE IN PRINT!!
      Perhaps if he were less of an A-hole, the media would not ride him so hard, or has the notion of holding him to account to the same level you hold others escaped you?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And just another item to illustrate the bias of the press.
        Yesterday, NY Governor Cuomo stuck his foot in his mouth..

https://www.syracuse.com/politics/in...firestorm.html
        Saw it all over the place, mainly in "lefty lying press"
        Oops...……..
        If Trump or a Republican had said that, CNN, MSNBC and the rest would be shouting it from the rooftops. I haven't seen much about it in my feeds this morning.
        Here's a thought.
        Don't use feeds and just use google instead
        Here, let me help you:
        https://www.google.com.au/search?biw....0.TfKVkDmcCPA

It's AMAZING what you can find when you don't use feeds that are tailored for your specific search history.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Saw it all over the place, mainly in "lefty lying press"
          Oops...……..

Here's a thought.
          Don't use feeds and just use google instead
          Here, let me help you:
          https://www.google.com.au/search?biw....0.TfKVkDmcCPA

It's AMAZING what you can find when you don't use feeds that are tailored for your specific search history.
          I prefer news aggregator sites, such as Hill and RealClearPolitics. The provide links to a number of different articles from various points of view.

If something looks interesting, I click on it to look at it further.

I simply don't have the time to read or search for everything that might be going on in the country, let alone the world.

Comment

I prefer news aggregator sites, such as Hill and RealClearPolitics. The provide links to a number of different articles from various points of view.

I simply don't have the time to read or search for everything that might be going on in the country, let alone the world.
            Then perhaps making knee jerk assumptions is not the best course of action?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

At this time, a postage stamp for you or I will cost 50 cents. However, bulk mailers pay about 19 cents per piece.

Charge them the full rate and the post office will be swimming in cash. Or there will be far less junkmail. Both are desirable outcomes.
              They pay less BECAUSE they send vastly more. Makes perfect sense. Charge them the full rate and the USPS will see no money because Amazon et al will either strike a deal with non-government services like FedEx, or set up their own delivery service. If you believe that mail service has strategic value for your country, it might not be a smart move to encourage business to bypass it.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

You -prefer- to hear what you like. If I said "I prefer news aggregators using Huffpo or NPR" you would RIGHTLY say I was buying into bias.
                You buy into bias, I choose to at least limit my own bias by looking further afield.
                So just admit you are ignorant and stop making excuses.
                When Womble schools me, or Tood schools me, I just admit my error. I might argue -specific points-, sure, but on the whole I just say "yep, you guys are right here" and accept that they know more than me.
                Being wrong is not a crime, or a failure, it's a function of limited knowledge.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  They pay less BECAUSE they send vastly more. Makes perfect sense. Charge them the full rate and the USPS will see no money because Amazon et al will either strike a deal with non-government services like FedEx, or set up their own delivery service. If you believe that mail service has strategic value for your country, it might not be a smart move to encourage business to bypass it.
                  E-bay already does this.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    You -prefer- to hear what you like. If I said "I prefer news aggregators using Huffpo or NPR" you would RIGHTLY say I was buying into bias.
                    You buy into bias, I choose to at least limit my own bias by looking further afield.
                    The difference being that Huffington and NPR are not aggregagtors; they are left biased sites.
                    Hill & RealClearPolitics both show news and articles from many different sources, sometimes left, sometimes right and sometimes neutral.

Comment

The difference being that Huffington and NPR are not aggregagtors; they are left biased sites.
                      Hill & RealClearPolitics both show news and articles from many different sources, sometimes left, sometimes right and sometimes neutral.
                      I know they are not aggregators, the point I was making is that you will find bias everywhere.
                      sigpic

Comment

alrite tbh this one's intriguing

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/po...y-says-n469751

(no placebo effect this time)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          alrite tbh this one's intriguing

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/po...y-says-n469751

(no placebo effect this time)
                          On the one hand, interesting. On the other hand, how many babies does a Pope kiss? I imagine many babies. Eventually, one of them is going to have a shrinking tumor. Though on the other other hand, Tumors don't simply shrink out of nowhere.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            On the one hand, interesting. On the other hand, how many babies does a Pope kiss? I imagine many babies. Eventually, one of them is going to have a shrinking tumor. Though on the other other hand, Tumors don't simply shrink out of nowhere.
                            One of these is mathematically probable, one we don't know enough about.
                            Not much of a mystery.
                            sigpic

Comment

any documented cases of a malignant tumour disappearing on its own?

that'd be like a german cockroach infestation receding without cleaning or bug spraying

Comment

Miracle or luck? Makes ya think a bit...
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X