This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    Discussion about hot topics trending today : temperature, Sun, oven, lava, geysir.
    This place hasn't cooled off that much for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      And how many times have I said the govt. should not have the right to censor the press? Trump's tweets, rallies and such do not in any way limit what the press can publish.
      Of course not, his tweets are food for press, he knows it and that's why he's doing it.

My issue with this is that we are not talking about your casual citizens, politicians, celebrities or popular figures tweeting their opinions. We are talking about POTUS. People take his words at face value. Heck, some people are almost like zealots when it comes to politics and would jump off a bridge if Mr. T himself ordered it.

Somebody in a high position of authority, if not the highest in the world, should not so callously wash his dirty laundry on the public space. He has a duty to uphold certain standards for you have chosen him as your leader and representative of your country.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Of course not, his tweets are food for press, he knows it and that's why he's doing it.

My issue with this is that we are not talking about your casual citizens, politicians, celebrities or popular figures tweeting their opinions. We are talking about POTUS. People take his words at face value. Heck, some people are almost like zealots when it comes to politics and would jump off a bridge if Mr. T himself ordered it.

Somebody in a high position of authority, if not the highest in the world, should not so callously wash his dirty laundry on the public space. He has a duty to uphold certain standards for you have chosen him as your leader and representative of your country.
        Mr. T? Maybe. Only a fool ignores him.Trump, not so much.

Comment

I see what you did there!

Shot-up Foo!
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Only a fool listens to Trump
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Have you seen his most recent tweet? calling Omarasa a "dog''

The trumpsters will defend that
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It's really too early to tell, but if the leash fits, wear it.

Seems to me it's likely she's just trying to publicize her book.

Omarosa's Trump tape story unravels, as more officials challenge 'N-word' claim

Comment

It's really too early to tell, but if the leash fits, wear it.

Seems to me it's likely she's just trying to publicize her book.
                  That's most likely the case and probably trying to discredit the POTUS as well. Funny thing is, the way Trump acts gives credence to her accusations.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

this comes from someone who barks at his staff & rolls over for Putin

Comment

Ok, why is everyone ignoring the 8000 Lb elephant in this room?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...service-report

Absolutely, Amazon should pay true costs for its packages.

But how much of a discount do junk mailers get? You want to make the post office solvent, change the going rate for every piece of junk mail carried.

Comment

Ok, why is everyone ignoring the 8000 Lb elephant in this room?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...service-report

Absolutely, Amazon should pay true costs for its packages.

But how much of a discount do junk mailers get? You want to make the post office solvent, change the going rate for every piece of junk mail carried.
                        The article actually explains that packages are the one sector in which USPS is actually making money, and the decline is due to first-class and marketing mail not making them money anymore, presumably because much of the latter has gone digital. Oh and retiree benefits.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I have yet to meet someone that actually reads this marketing mail.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            The article actually explains that packages are the one sector in which USPS is actually making money, and the decline is due to first-class and marketing mail not making them money anymore, presumably because much of the latter has gone digital. Oh and retiree benefits.
                            At this time, a postage stamp for you or I will cost 50 cents. However, bulk mailers pay about 19 cents per piece.

Charge them the full rate and the post office will be swimming in cash. Or there will be far less junkmail. Both are desirable outcomes.

Comment

The bully pulpit has long been a tool of the presidency to garner support for his ideas.
                              Sure, and that's not always a bad thing. When it is used as a tool top abuse private citizens, it's an abuse of power.
                              Imagine I was Darren, and I used the power of GW to abuse YOU.
                              Not your policy, or position, just YOU, cause I don't like you.
                              Is that wrong?
                              Agreed. But you can the judiciary to the list of branches that have overstepped their authority, too.
                              Nope, the judiciary reflects the law, and to an extent, the will of the people.
                              You want to claim that the SCOTUS got political via Bork, but Bork got Borked because he was an A-hole, NOT because he was republican. Scalia was even more right wing, and he got confirmed because he did not have the shadow of racism or scandal over him.
                              And how many times have I said the govt. should not have the right to censor the press? Trump's tweets, rallies and such do not in any way limit what the press can publish.
                              Yet, you support a president that does -exactly- that.
                              You use his talking points, you are willing to "accept" them as fact, so you are fine with censorship.
                              Or ignorance.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Sure, and that's not always a bad thing. When it is used as a tool top abuse private citizens, it's an abuse of power.
                                Imagine I was Darren, and I used the power of GW to abuse YOU.
                                Not your policy, or position, just YOU, cause I don't like you.
                                Is that wrong?
                                This is not a govt. The owners of this board, through their chosen moderators or whatever have the right to operate the board as they see fit. If I don't like the way they operate it, I have the right to stay away from it.

Nope, the judiciary reflects the law, and to an extent, the will of the people.
                                You want to claim that the SCOTUS got political via Bork, but Bork got Borked because he was an A-hole, NOT because he was republican. Scalia was even more right wing, and he got confirmed because he did not have the shadow of racism or scandal over him.
                                What about Clarence Thomas? Despite his eventual confirmation, the left opposed him with tactics that might very well have added the term "Thomased" to our language if "Borked" hadn't already happened.

Yet, you support a president that does -exactly- that.
                                You use his talking points, you are willing to "accept" them as fact, so you are fine with censorship.
                                Or ignorance.
                                You still haven't explained how Trump limits the freedom of any news organization to publish whatever it wants. As proven by the overwhelmingly hostile approach to Trump by most of the media.

Comment

Working...
                                X