This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    And how was I to know the radio report was incorrect? The report I heard stated that the attendant did not know the dog was in there, and that the airline made a policy change to prevent recurrence.
    Reading a news article about it now, it is clearly a different situation, and there ought to be hell to pay because of it.

Do you double check everything you hear or read? I seriously doubt that.
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Yes. I check multiple sources because media is biased
    See, this is why media manipulation and fake news by Russia could not effect the election, or annoyed.
    Oh, hang on..............
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Not everyone is as insightful as me. Some people like Annoyed just believe whatever Fox News tells them
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        See, this is why media manipulation and fake news by Russia could not effect the election, or annoyed.
        Oh, hang on..............
        Yeah, United Airlines bought the radio station so they could broadcast their own version of the story..... right.

Comment

I think that one went over Annoyed's head GF. You got to talk simpler and use pictures
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I think that one went over Annoyed's head GF. You got to talk simpler and use pictures
            Yeah, United Airlines RUSSIA bought the radio station adspace on facebook so they could broadcast their own version of the story..... right.
            Yes, correct, but you deny it even happened.
            NO COLUSION LET'S TALK ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT LIKE BENGHAZI OR FAST AND FURIOUS, NOT INVESTIGATED ENOUGH!! SAD AND CRIMINAL!!
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Heard United was at it again and shipped a German Shepherd to Japan...and gave the GSD's owners a Great Dane (who was supposed to go to Japan).

Not In Kansas Anymore: United Airlines Mix-Up Sends German Shepherd To Japan
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Heard United was at it again and shipped a German Shepherd to Japan...and gave the GSD's owners a Great Dane (who was supposed to go to Japan).

Not In Kansas Anymore: United Airlines Mix-Up Sends German Shepherd To Japan
                Don't they have enough black eyes? You would think they would be on their best behavior.
                Oh, wait.. this probably is their best behavior.

The entire airline industry is killing itself with this cutthroat price and cost competition. It's a miracle that it hasn't resulting in safety issue, with more major crashes and high passenger death counts.

Sometimes I think the entire deregulation of the industry was a mistake.

Comment

Don't they have enough black eyes? You would think they would be on their best behavior.
                  Oh, wait.. this probably is their best behavior.

The entire airline industry is killing itself with this cutthroat price and cost competition. It's a miracle that it hasn't resulting in safety issue, with more major crashes and high passenger death counts.

Sometimes I think the entire deregulation of the industry was a mistake.

Of course it was a mistake. When you deregulate things the rules vanish.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

As I understand it from a report on the radio this am, that flight attendant didn't know the dog was in there. So it was not intentional. As a result of that, the airline is now putting orange tags on all pet carriers to prevent a recurrence.
                    Story I read, reported the dog was barking in the overhead compartment for at least 30 minutes straight before it went quiet, so unless the flight attendant had a hearing problem, she would have known there was a dog inside it.

When I mentioned the story to my sister, she was like "How stupid are they over there?" -- small dogs are always allowed to spend the flight at the feet of their owners. Big ones, unless they are assistent dogs, go in the heated part of the luggage compartment.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Story I read, reported the dog was barking in the overhead compartment for at least 30 minutes straight before it went quiet, so unless the flight attendant had a hearing problem, she would have known there was a dog inside it.

When I mentioned the story to my sister, she was like "How stupid are they over there?" -- small dogs are always allowed to spend the flight at the feet of their owners. Big ones, unless they are assistent dogs, go in the heated part of the luggage compartment.
                      Yeah, I've already read other articles about it; the radio report I heard yesterday was clearly inaccurate.
                      Maybe they ought to stuff that flight attendant into an over head bin for a few hours, and if she was following company policy, the useless deadwood that wrote the policy can join her.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Of course it was a mistake. When you deregulate things the rules vanish.
                        Overall, I do believe that the free market is the best way to deliver services. But I think things such as utilities, public transportation and such should be a very strongly regulated monopoly. It doesn't make sense to have multiple service providers in things like this, or where safety should be the paramount concern. The airline industry is a good example. Although they do maintain a good record when it comes to crashes and such, in other aspects, the industry is eating itself, to the detriment of the consumer.

Comment

Yeah, I've already read other articles about it; the radio report I heard yesterday was clearly inaccurate.
                          Maybe they ought to stuff that flight attendant into an over head bin for a few hours, and if she was following company policy, the useless deadwood that wrote the policy can join her.
                          Still need to do more research. It was never company policy to begin with
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I just don't know what is going on with United. Killing a dog and sending a dog to Japan because they got a German Shepherd confused with a Great Dane. I don't know why the flight attendanc would put a dog carrier in the overhead bin. The passenger was a little girl, why not see if she could put it under the seat in front of her? Then confusing a GSD for a Great Dane and sending the GSD to Japan is ridiculous.
                            sigpic

Comment

...public transportation...
                              Except that in most parts of the world, air travel is not considered a public transportation, such as there are trains, busses, metros and taxis.

And if I'm not mistaken, there are also different companies offering bus travel and taxi travel, and train-travel... in the US at least. In Belgium bus/metro/train is regulated by the goverment.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Except that in most parts of the world, air travel is not considered a public transportation, such as there are trains, busses, metros and taxis.

And if I'm not mistaken, there are also different companies offering bus travel and taxi travel, and train-travel... in the US at least. In Belgium bus/metro/train is regulated by the goverment.
                                Yes...there are companies that offer national bus travel, train, etc. Then each city has their own public transportation system. Like here in Dallas we have DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) with provides buses and light rail transportation around the city. Taxis are independently owned and operated. Then there are companies that provide rental bikes (which are currently the bane of the city's existance). Since there are tons of smaller cities around Dallas, they will contract with the city of Dallas for bus service or to have the light rail come into their city. I think where I live, in Mesquite, is one of the few suburbs of Dallas that doesn't have bus/light rail service from DART.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X