This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    You don't live in a deep blue state such as NY, do you?
    I think it's become abundantly clear that New York is quite it's own thing.
    And yes, we as a society have become numb to these things. But here's a thought. Every such incident triggers a media feeding frenzy. How many of these are motivated by the chance to "get their 15 minutes of fame"? Yes, these should be reported, but perhaps in a minimalist fashion, rather than every media outlet trying to scream the loudest about it.
    There have been 8 shootings this year. This is the first i've heard about in major news.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      I think it's become abundantly clear that New York is quite it's own thing
      And a very good reason to oppose liberalism wherever it spreads.

Comment

*forwards Annoyed's post to the FBI*
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

And a very good reason to oppose liberalism wherever it spreads.
          classic liberalism? definitely

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Oh yeah... that's right, he did that.
            It gets better:
            http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...b0774f31d1b770
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You folks seem to forget that even if guns weren't available to anyone but the cops (an impossible goal, and you know it, criminals and nuts don't pay attention to gun laws), there are many other ways to kill large #'s of people. Hell, guns aren't even the best way to do it. If I were to plan such a crime, I wouldn't use guns. You can make explosives out of a great many otherwise innocent items. You can kill your fill without placing yourself at risk.
              The average price for a clean pistol on the black market out here is 15,000 dollars because it is much harder to get your hands on a gun. It's not impossible, and we even let people legally buy guns if they pass background checks.
              The easy availability of guns in the US is as much, if not more of a problem than any laws that might get passed.
              As for making bombs, it's not as easy as you think, it takes far more time, requires the skill to do it (otherwise you could blow yourself up first), and is not a heat of the moment thing like most shooting are. In no way are they comparable.
              And yes, we as a society have become numb to these things. But here's a thought. Every such incident triggers a media feeding frenzy. How many of these are motivated by the chance to "get their 15 minutes of fame"? Yes, these should be reported, but perhaps in a minimalist fashion, rather than every media outlet trying to scream the loudest about it.
              Actually, given the number of mass shootings, the reporting is pretty light. It's only the big ones, or ones were kids are involved that get the massive media response.
              sigpic

Comment

Don't take it from a liberal, take it from a republican.
                (Forget the fluff piece, watch the vid.)
                http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/ent...b0774f31d1f615
                sigpic

Comment

It has been 0 days since the last Mass Shooting in the US -- an AR-15 was used, last I heard and also shooter is white cause he has mental problems.

Funny that you say that.

Marco Rubio said we should be careful to judge this shooter. Why because he was white?

I'm sure had he been a brown person Rubio would be baying for blood and using the "T" word. You know that word (terrorist) What a load of ******** that you can't have decent gun laws?
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    The average price for a clean pistol on the black market out here is 15,000 dollars because it is much harder to get your hands on a gun. It's not impossible, and we even let people legally buy guns if they pass background checks.
                    The easy availability of guns in the US is as much, if not more of a problem than any laws that might get passed.
                    As for making bombs, it's not as easy as you think, it takes far more time, requires the skill to do it (otherwise you could blow yourself up first), and is not a heat of the moment thing like most shooting are. In no way are they comparable.

Actually, given the number of mass shootings, the reporting is pretty light. It's only the big ones, or ones were kids are involved that get the massive media response.
                    Consider that for a moment. You just might make it worse.

Suppose by some miracle, you do manage to get rid of guns. You're still gonna have nut jobs that want to kill large #'s of people. You can't get rid of that. So they will start doing so with other things. Such as homemade bombs. And yes, considering that a lot of these folks aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, there will be accidental detonations. Might the consequences of a bomb going off on a bus or in some crowded location be as bad as a shooting rampage? The worst mass shooting in U.S. history is Las Vegas. 58 people dead.

A bomb detonation, either deliberate or accidental could easily double that. And don't tell me there aren't nut jobs out there with the skills to build a bomb.

Comment

Consider that for a moment. You just might make it worse.
                      I don't need to consider it, I live in it, and no, it's not worse.
                      Suppose by some miracle, you do manage to get rid of guns.
                      You don't -need- to get rid of all guns, stop repeating this BS NRA talking point. You need proper background checks, you need real reasons to need a gun to get a gun. Farmer joe -needs- a gun, and I see no reason for farmer joe not to have a gun. I don't think farmer joe needs 20 guns and 5000 rounds of ammo.
                      You're still gonna have nut jobs that want to kill large #'s of people. You can't get rid of that.
                      So, unless a plan is foolproof, nothing is worth doing?
                      So they will start doing so with other things. Such as homemade bombs. And yes, considering that a lot of these folks aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, there will be accidental detonations. Might the consequences of a bomb going off on a bus or in some crowded location be as bad as a shooting rampage? The worst mass shooting in U.S. history is Las Vegas. 58 people dead.

A bomb detonation, either deliberate or accidental could easily double that. And don't tell me there aren't nut jobs out there with the skills to build a bomb.
                      Yes, you can kill more with bombs, but unlike guns, they are not immediate, they are not "combat ready", and the chances of getting caught before you blow people up is much, much higher. Also, bomb making materials are far more heavily regulated than guns are now. Then, compare the statistics. 18 mass shootings in 2018 alone in the US, so that's basically one every two days so far.
                      How many mass bombings have you had in the US in the same period?
                      ZERO.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        I will not drag the poor kid through the mud, he really does not deserve it, but to point out the hypocritical nature of trump's idea's and policies, that is different.
                        That's what I tried to say actually...

You folks seem to forget that even if guns weren't available to anyone but the cops (an impossible goal, and you know it, criminals and nuts don't pay attention to gun laws), there are many other ways to kill large #'s of people. Hell, guns aren't even the best way to do it. If I were to plan such a crime, I wouldn't use guns. You can make explosives out of a great many otherwise innocent items. You can kill your fill without placing yourself at risk.
                        Your poor excuses are poorer still.

Countries with strict gun laws proof as much.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        ...the neocons certainly didn't spare Malia & her sister & these girls were only 8...
                        No, they didn't but aren't you better than that?

if at least Baron were reputed to be a nice kid or at least a normal kid but nope he's not "out of it" in fact he's supposed to have the exact same arrogant self-entitled mentality as his daddy (like a future king Joffrey)
                        I have no idea what his reputation is, but if he's line with the rest of the boys... Melania, get him the hell out of there!
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It also does us well to remember what tends to happen when government officials are the only ones with the weapons....authoritarian governments tend to perpetrate the worst mass murders in history AFTER confiscating all the guns.....and brainwashing gullible idiots into thinking that the widespread confiscation of citizens' weapons is for their own good

Comment

No, they didn't but aren't you better than that?
                            yeah I'm better: I can bash Baron better than they bashed Malia :|

Comment

yeah I'm better: I can bash Baron better than they bashed Malia :|
                              I get your point, but is it useful to do so?
                              Can you honestly decry a lack of moral fibre while engaging in the same act?
                              That act not being critical of an adult, but attacking a child.
                              I hit baron based on his legal status, no more, and purely to show the hypocritical stance on immigration.
                              "I want anchor babies GONE"
                              "sir, you have an anchor baby"
                              "Yes, but he is a GOOD one"

As for Melania, yeah, she knew what she was signing up for, so no sympathy at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Let's see, Jimmy Carter's daughter Amy was savaged by the right, Chelsea Clinton was, the Obama girls. Republicans have a lock on that kind of behavior.
                                "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Working...
                                X