This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I think FH has said in past discussions that even if threatened herself, she would not want to use lethal force to defend herself. Although I myself can't understand how anyone could think that way, but it is her right to do so, if she wishes.
    How is that relevant?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Maybe because a large number of Muslims belong to a sub-set of that religion that has publicly stated their goal of killing all non-believers at the behest of their God and his writings and has a demonstrated history of mass murder in furtherance of their goals?

If they find a pointed hat and white robes in this guy's closet or some other evidence pointing to a membership in or relationship with the KKK or some other white supremacist organization, or membership in some other organization calling for social change, fine, call him a terrorist.

But until then, he's a nutjob that went off the rails.
      You want evidence that this white guy is part of a subset of the white population that is known for say...running people over with a car or shooting up a church before calling it terrorism. But you don't want to wait to see if a Muslim is part of a subset of Muslims before calling it terrorism? Isn't that a double standard?
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        You should not even need 10, that was FH's point.
        But since you are not even a US citizen, who are you to dictate how much ammo a US citizn should be allowed to have in his gun?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          But since you are not even a US citizen, who are you to dictate how much ammo a US citizn should be allowed to have in his gun?
          I don't, go nuts.
          Kill 500 and injure 1000 for all I give a damn, it's not going to change a thing.
          BTW, this is still not the point FH was making.
          sigpic

Comment

the wall.jpg
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              k I meant in general
              I'm having trouble following your line of thought.

At this shooting, a previously pro-2nd-amendment guitarist realized the futility of his right to bear arms in this situation, and then states that enacting this right would be outright bad for the situation. Hence, he changed his mind and states that the police were doing their best. What do other situations have to do with it? What do unarmed men have to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                I'm having trouble following your line of thought.

At this shooting, a previously pro-2nd-amendment guitarist realized the futility of his right to bear arms in this situation, and then states that enacting this right would be outright bad for the situation. Hence, he changed his mind and states that the police were doing their best. What do other situations have to do with it? What do unarmed men have to do with it?
                in your 1st reply you appeared to be speaking in general terms
                Last edited by SoulReaver; 04 October 2017, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  Actually, for the vast majority of self-defense situations (barring being under siege by a large number of gun-toting assailants), a 6-shot revolver will do.
                  So, a peashooter then...

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  People who get more than one gun for self-defense usually intend to strategically place them around the house, so that if they are cut off by the intruder from the "main" gun safe they would have a spare.
                  Yeah, cause who thinks about strategically getting the hell out of dodge anyway...

btw how many dead? 58?
                  Likely to rise in the coming days.

Well, lets check Australia, Europe or the UK and see how "not being allowed to get guns legally by citizens' has stopped the murders. Last i checked it HASN'T.
                  Can't stop what will happen one way or another, but you can make it a whole lot harder.

Just look at the statistics dude, the US already has more than 10K gundeaths this year alone -- and the year ain't over yet.

We have a rate of 0.68 per 100,000 people.

And what else do you think someone should have for home defense? A Sqirt gun? A nerf bat??
                  Ever thought of putting acid in the squirt gun...

But, you're missing the point. That's okay.

Military wise yes. Civilian wize, many states limit you to a 10 rnd mag..
                  SOME even go lower.
                  6, I hear from Womble.

But warning shots really don't need many rounds.

I think FH has said in past discussions that even if threatened herself, she would not want to use lethal force to defend herself. Although I myself can't understand how anyone could think that way, but it is her right to do so, if she wishes.
                  Not the point, I was trying to make.

A shotgun is a messy weapon and isn't about defending oneself.
                  One bullet can do enough damage to kill, but a spray of hail... nope, nothing says defense about a spray of hail.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]42434[/ATTACH]
                  Yup, with health insurance on the block, and no gun control -- that might be the exact wall they're gonna build.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    A shotgun is a messy weapon and isn't about defending oneself.
                    One bullet can do enough damage to kill, but a spray of hail... nope, nothing says defense about a spray of hail.
                    those things do look like overkill but didn't Joe Biden himself recommend them?

the SS also have shotguns like those on highway patrols (dunno why they need them for defence but it must make them feel powerful)

Comment

anyway on a more positive note

JK

http://abcnews.go.com/US/program-low...ry?id=50188069

so that's what the neocons mean by Prolife™

Comment

http://abcnews.go.com/US/program-low...ry?id=50188069

so that's what the neocons mean by Prolife™
                        You can't be pro-life and want no gun control.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sure you can.
                          I have the right to demand you give birth, I have no responsibility afterwards however because it was your choice to get pregnant.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            You can't be pro-life and want no gun control.
                            what about pro-life without healthcare?

Comment

I'm actually really hoping the current government will be the one to fully ban automatics, better yet all assault weapons, and - one can only hope - even more
                              just to see how the neocons handle the dilemma hehe...

Comment

The NRA was one of the first organizations to support trump, he will do nothing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X