This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    That's right. If you don't have a car to drive you should not be allowed to leave your house at all
    evidently you never heard of sidewalks

Comment

Nonsense. There are these things called sidewalks in many areas already. And they can build more of them where needed, and finance them with a tax on bicycles.
      Put a mandatory GPS on each bike, and charge the owner per mile driven.

(seriously, that's what some folks on the left coast want to do with cars. Why not bikes? Gotta get the revenue to build the infrastructure they need from somewhere.)

Comment

How fortunate we are that every residental area has sidewalks.

How liberal of you Annoyed you poor snowflake
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          What i would like to know is bicycles dont have lights, indicators, dont have to wear helmets, but they are on the road and can get knocked off and killed, they have no insurance or tax either, should they not be subject to the same rules, be lit up and have indicators and helmets at least
          I've been wondering about the same for pedestrians.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Nonsense. There are these things called sidewalks in many areas already. And they can build more of them where needed, and finance them with a tax on bicycles.
            Put a mandatory GPS on each bike, and charge the owner per mile driven.

(seriously, that's what some folks on the left coast want to do with cars. Why not bikes? Gotta get the revenue to build the infrastructure they need from somewhere.)
            No. The primary users of sidewalks are not cyclists but pedestrians. The tax should not be on bicycles but on shoes.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Silly garhkal. Surely you don't expect the bicyclists to pay for the infrastructure they want, do you? What do you think they are? Car / truck drivers?
              What a bunch of hypocrites. They just want other people to pay the freight.
              Which is why i am actually FOR this tax.. In fact i also feel bikers should have to be licensed similarly to drivers are, especially since they often DO USE the same roads we do..

What i would like to know is bicycles dont have lights, indicators, dont have to wear helmets, but they are on the road and can get knocked off and killed, they have no insurance or tax either, should they not be subject to the same rules, be lit up and have indicators and helmets at least

Many of those things ARE IN law.. ITS JUST a lack of any sort of enforcement that's the problem..

Comment

First let's get all the car drivers to use the blinkers...
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  First let's get all the car drivers to use the blinkers...
                  And not their brights. That drives me crazy in the morning
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

And not their brights. That drives me crazy in the morning
                    Some use the brights in the middle of town streets...that is, streets that have plenty of lighting.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Which is why i am actually FOR this tax.. In fact i also feel bikers should have to be licensed similarly to drivers are, especially since they often DO USE the same roads we do..
                      And right on the license application, it should have a little checkbox indicating agreement to the following condition:
                      "Being that I will be knowingly and willingly driving a vehicle which is utterly defenseless in any collision, thereby exposing myself to a substantial risk of death or severe injury, I hereby waive the right to take any legal action of any sort in any court against the owner or operator of any object I may have physical contact with."

Comment

Only an idiot would agree to that
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

should car drivers sign something similar? Cars don't stand up too well to BB trucks either.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Only an idiot would agree to that
                            An apt description of anyone who would ride one in traffic if you ask me. It's just too damned dangerous. Just like jumping out of a perfectly functional airplane. Why take a completely unneeded risk?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              should car drivers sign something similar? Cars don't stand up too well to BB trucks either.
                              Heavy Trucks are typically operated by professional drivers, not the average moron driving around with their cell phone glued to their ear. And there are far, far fewer of them.

Comment

Heavy Trucks are typically operated by professional drivers, not the average moron driving around with their cell phone glued to their ear. And there are far, far fewer of them.
                                deflect, deflect.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X