This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really are deranged.
    The left -knows- they lost, the only people who keep bringing up Hillary is................. the right. Even trump can't believe you people were so stupid as to vote for him.
    WHY on earth would the "left" care so much about getting rid of trump -knowing- full well the line of succession does not somehow become left at any stage?
    Watch the news man, -any- time someone brings up anything about trump, it's always "but Hillary did it first". Guess what, Hillary paid the price for her actions, time for trump to do the same thing.

Wake up sunshine, this has nothing to do with the left "loosing" and -everything- to do with the character of the person being investigated.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Listen to me verry carfully, I will only tell you wounce...........

*Slaps FH with the wet lettuce and the flying goggles*
      Be grateful it was not the sausage containing the fallen Maddonna with the big boobies by Van Clump!!
      *giggles*

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I think it does matter; as I pointed out elsewhere, this seems to be an escalation of the overall "crazy as a stepped on cockroach" behavior exhibited by many on the left ever since they lost the election. They just can't accept that they lost.
      Err... he was anti-hillary. And the right was ready to take up arms should Clinton have been President. No, the right never does any violence. Nope, never.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      By that reasoning people on the right never take shots at left politicians.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Look at the good news FH. JFK must still be alive
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
          Not BS. garhkal is correct. Most of my in-laws will fiercely defend that they *ARE* Americans first. Any ethnicity comes thru their ancestry -- That is all.

My mother-in-law swore up and down and all other directions in between that she was an AMERICAN -- 100% American, and "Texan" to be exact. Born and raised in Texas. Her great grandparents ancestry came from Germany and some other European countries, but she was TEXAN first, and don't anyone *ever* forget that..!
          You kinda just contradicted yourself there...

She married a New Yorker from Brooklyn. So, most of the whole family on that side that was born and raised in that neck of the region, were Brooklynites first.. the others were Long Islanders. Grandpa came over from Denmark (thus, was Danish), but the rest of the family were Americans ... and don't ever argue against it -- (generic) you won't win the argument.
          And you did it again.
          Me? I was raised from my parents to say that I am basically Indo-European, part Native American, and a bunch of other mixtures scattered into the genes as well. I'm American, because I was born here, but my family history is a more of a mutt type of variety.

And you did it again here.

Again, just for the sake of this discussion -- other folks might see themselves as you (aretood2) described them in your comments.
          However, I've never felt drawn to a certain country location, because just moving from one state to another sort of makes me feel displaced from roots, especially since I moved to another state before I started kindergarten. Same feelings happened when I moved from one regional zone to another.
          And again...

If you were American first, regions would not matter.

Ancestry-wise, I was raised from my parents to say that I am basically Indo-European, part Native American, and a bunch of other mixtures scattered into the genes as well. I'm American, because I was born here, but my family history is a more of a mutt type of variety. That is where the ethnic stuff stops. Can't change one's DNA, or place of origins, so why be so overly concerned about it..? Ancestry comes from somewhere on this planet, which exists somewhere in this vast universe. I always viewed people this way -- We're all part of the planet and the universe, so *why* make such a big fuss over it? Even if there were multi-verse universes, it wouldn't change my basic persona.
          Yet you felt the need not only to say this but to remember what your parents said. And they also felt the need to remind you what your heritage is.

Doesn't matter what way I describe myself as (and I get teased over how ghastly / ghostly "white" I look, too, which I cannot change, except by rubbing on fake suntan lotion) -- because I don't really care, since that isn't how I view myself -- I see my personality type more than my skin/ancestral background origins. Just because I was born in NJ, doesn't make me PROUD of stating that I'm a New Jerseyan, even tho I've lived in this state most of my entire life. I think there is a stigma against folks who live here, because of the industrial pollution that has existed for decades in the more urban areas. People forget most of NJ is still rural, woodsy, and farmland.. *Moooooo* and horsey sounds (we even have big BEARs, and lots of deer, too)...
          Too bad there are an awful lot of people who see "types" first and then go off on racist rants or just outright stab people in this country.

So, I guess it depends on what or how your parents raised you to see your family history and ancestral background, to understand which perspective approach a person takes at what *regional* identity they see themselves as being. Since I cannot change my ancestral origins and birth place, I see my own identity more within which personality I reside within first. That way, no one can argue over what "FLAG" (ID thing) or country I (or others) belong to.. Personalities don't have countries of origin -- they just ARE (they contain a temperament type, which can be applied to anyone at any location in this entire universe). Period. ..So using that POV, people don't need to be concerned over arguing on their identity and especially if some other ethnic, religious, or culture persona type(s) invades and takes over this speck of landmass that they or I am living in.
          Just a quick question for ya'll...why do we have Irish Heritage month here in the US? Or celebrate St. Patrick's day (Last I checked, half the things people do have no relation whatsoever with the Catholic Church's observance of it...which is mostly local to Ireland and not worldwide?

If the prices of some products are being kept artificially low by subsidizing production costs via the use of illegal labor, then maybe that product isn't economically viable at this price point.
          You have no idea how many products in our economy are like that. But if you want to go down the path of Venezuela's food shortages because you feel that you have a strong grasp of economics, then feel free to go to that country as opposed to wanting to turn this one into another Venezuela.

I'm really surprised that the political left, who is always claiming to be looking out for lower income folks, illegals, and so forth is ok with having production costs for farming subsidized by the discount labor by illegal immigrants. Which is exactly what is happening.
          Once again, we aren't talking about Illegal Immigration. Notice how when talking about legal immigrants you shift into illegal immigration? And so...where do you consider libertarians anyway? You think libertarianism is "left"?

I don't know the details of how they ended up bankrupt, but it will almost certainly turn out to boil down to the same thing that bankrupts most governments, such as Greece. They start giving money they don't have away. I don't care what the reason is, if you give out money you don't have, you go broke.

If they want to become a state, fine. But do so AFTER they've cleaned up their own mess, which they made. Why the hell should US taxpayers bail them out?
          They didn't have, at first, more welfare than any of the states did, much less than New York, until their economy started to really tank. Then they expanded the welfare system. Like I said, their situation is a direct result of inaction and abuse from outside forces like Congress trying to use its territorial status as a dumping ground for companies that fund congressmen's campaigns. It was used as a tax haven pretty much among other things. Congress runs PR. They have as much to blame as anyone inside of PR.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            You have no idea how many products in our economy are like that. But if you want to go down the path of Venezuela's food shortages because you feel that you have a strong grasp of economics, then feel free to go to that country as opposed to wanting to turn this one into another Venezuela.
            You seem to be acknowledging that we are subsidizing some industries via the lower wages illegals command. But you're saying you're ok with that? Isn't that rather unethical of us?
            There is also an effect legal immigrants have, but since they are legal, the force pushing wages down is simply flooding the market, not their immigration status. For example, by "importing" workers companies such as Microsoft & Disney double the labor supply by having more eligible workers, and therefore, don't have to pay those workers as much as they would with an unmodified labor pool.

Once again, we aren't talking about Illegal Immigration. Notice how when talking about legal immigrants you shift into illegal immigration? And so...where do you consider libertarians anyway? You think libertarianism is "left"?
            I'm talking about both, each presents certain problems. See above.
            As far as Libertarianism, I like the idea, but I think that's something that your society has to adopt whole hog or it won't work. If you get just bits and pieces, it would be miserable. Our society is far too spoiled to make that jump.

They didn't have, at first, more welfare than any of the states did, much less than New York, until their economy started to really tank.
            NY is infamous for being one of the most welfare-generous states in the country.

Comment

Just a quick question for ya'll...why do we have Irish Heritage month here in the US? Or celebrate St. Patrick's day (Last I checked, half the things people do have no relation whatsoever with the Catholic Church's observance of it...which is mostly local to Ireland and not worldwide?
              Little to no Irish heritage to speak of in my neck of the woods, but come St. Patrick's Day a lot of us go green and visit the local Irish pubs. Cause drink and be merry, what's not to like.

Halloween -- another one of those imported holidays.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This one is a real fence sitter for me.
                While the young woman in question is despicable, manipulative and a general all-around lousy human being, I can't justify criminal charges. Really, convincing someone to kill themselves over the phone? That's just as absurd as an accusation of bullying over social networks.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...616-story.html

Putting a modern spin on the definition of manslaughter, a Massachusetts judge found Michelle Carter guilty in the death of an 18-year-old friend she had instructed to kill himself in a series of text messages and mobile-telephone conversations.

Comment

You wouldn't understand. You would have to accept psychology as a real medical field
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16...ast-japan.html

Ruh Roh.. Somebody's arse is going to be in a sling.

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/16...ast-japan.html

Ruh Roh.. Somebody's arse is going to be in a sling.
                      one of the ships must've been being driven by Curly, Larry, and Moe

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Little to no Irish heritage to speak of in my neck of the woods, but come St. Patrick's Day a lot of us go green and visit the local Irish pubs. Cause drink and be merry, what's not to like.

Halloween -- another one of those imported holidays.
                        and then after you come out of those pubs you're green for a different reason

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          You wouldn't understand. You would have to accept psychology as a real medical field
                          It might be. But in its infancy. We don't know a hell of a lot about it. Yet the practitioners of this black art act like it's the best thing since sliced bread (or bacon, for this crowd). Their influence far outstrips what they actually know about the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            one of the ships must've been being driven by Curly, Larry, and Moe
                            Gotta love the manipulative wording of the article, too.

From the pics I've seen, the cargo ship's bow collided with the side of the Destroyer; almost T-boned her.

Yet the article reads:
                            Seven U.S. sailors are missing from the USS Fitzgerald after the ship collided with a Philippine-flagged merchant vessel ACX Crystal while operating off the coast of Japan, Fox News confirmed.
                            The wording indicates the Destroyer hit the container ship, as opposed to what appears actually happened.

Comment

This one is a real fence sitter for me.
                              While the young woman in question is despicable, manipulative and a general all-around lousy human being, I can't justify criminal charges. Really, convincing someone to kill themselves over the phone? That's just as absurd as an accusation of bullying over social networks.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...616-story.html
                              it's a conservative state right? fits with the neocon agenda (restricting 1st amendment)
                              how long till typing KYS gets you a visit from the FBI?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                it's a conservative state right? fits with the neocon agenda (restricting 1st amendment)
                                how long till typing KYS gets you a visit from the FBI?
                                A red state? In the northeast corner of the country? You have to be smoking something. They're a deep blue state.

But what the hell does that have to do with this topic?

Comment

Working...
                                X