• Show
Clear All

and Jeff Sessions gets to keep his job

I imagine big boss briefing him before the hearing

"the truth will set you free get you fired!"

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      you mean "where crime" right?
      jelgate's grasp of English is kinda loose. It's highly variable.

Comment

My time is too important to worry about such small things
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Visa's are NOT immigration. I really suggest you look into your immigration (green card to citizenship) laws.

Funny, isn't that how your country started?
          But you still need a visa to legally come here, and start the residency requirements to get that green card!
          And our country wasn't even FORMED when people from Europe migrated to this 'land'..

So what's everyones thought on PR voting to start the process of becoming a state?
          Should congress affirm their request? How many members in the house should they get?
          What taxes/laws etc will they now have to follow/pay up for? Will our national flag need a new re-design to count 52 states if they get in??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            So what's everyones thought on PR voting to start the process of becoming a state?
            Should congress affirm their request? How many members in the house should they get?
            What taxes/laws etc will they now have to follow/pay up for? Will our national flag need a new re-design to count 52 states if they get in??
            I wasn't aware they were going to try to become a state. I was aware that they are damned near broke, however.
            Probably why they want to become a state; get their bills paid off. Not so fond of that idea.

And... 52 stars/states? We get one I forgot about?

Comment

But you still need a visa to legally come here, and start the residency requirements to get that green card!
              Yes, but Green cards are strictly limited, Visa's for visiting not so much.
              And our country wasn't even FORMED when people from Europe migrated to this 'land'..
              Did you type that with a straight face?
              You came from across the sea, you were different colour and you mass imported your beliefs and laws at the point of a gun and by terrorising the people already living there. Hey, that sounds familiar.............
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And our country wasn't even FORMED when people from Europe migrated to this 'land'.
                The United States -- nope, those sure weren't. But America did exist, and was populated with indigenous people who were displaced by the immigrants when they claimed the land, violently or otherwise for their own.

Belgium didn't exist until 1830 (1831) -- but the land was there, populated by a mixture of people.

51st state, no?

And they are already a souvereignity, so a state would just be the next step, I guess.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Who's PR ?
                  sigpic

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rico

Comment

Puerto Rico. They want to become a state
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Thank you guys
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          And exactly where in our laws does it say that because someone in a foreign nation has a problem because of local crime or weather (although you know damned well as I do that the U.S. has been quite generous in disaster relief operations over the years) that it is incumbent upon the U.S. to take them in, clothe and feed them at our expense?

Didn't think you would find it.
                          You don't understand. This is about making a system that works instead of relying on a system that has failed to work and shows no signs of ever working.
                          Laws are not immutable divine decrees that can stand the test of time by the will of God. They, by their very nature, change to meet the needs of the times. These current laws are outdated and for a world that no longer exists, therefore the need for the laws to change so they can match the current world that does exist. Which is why I asked earlier, do you keep stomping your feet for a system that has failed or create a better system?

As far as the unpicked fruit, well, yeah, you're not gonna get many takers at min. wage. Offer $25 / Hour with benefits and you're gonna need a hell of a lot more fruit to pick. The only thing that argument succeeds in making is that it's ok to subsidize some industries on the backs of illegal immigrants.
                          Farmers can no more afford that than small businesses can afford a ridiculous minimum wage hike. Farmers aren't paying 10-15 an hour because they are bad people, but because that's what they can afford, especially if they have to provide health insurance. Quite frankly, 25 an hour is actually quite high for a job that doesn't include anything beyond a high school degree (to be honest, it doesn't one either). Might as well raise the minimum wage to 20 an hour and end the economy while you're at it.

That system is broken. It is possible to have rigorous screening without having to have a mountain of paper work and a decade on a waiting list plus hundreds of dollars of fees for all of that paper work.

As for people from Europe, is that seriously your argument? Tell me, how many people do you know that are simply English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish versus German, Irish, Italian, Eastern European? Are you 100% of British descent? Is anyone?

I doubt anything is going to happen. They should have either become a state or an independent and sovereign nation by now. The suffering they have is do to their lack of attention to this matter. By the time they become either a state or a sovereign nation, they will simply be another Haiti.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            You don't understand. This is about making a system that works instead of relying on a system that has failed to work and shows no signs of ever working.
                            Laws are not immutable divine decrees that can stand the test of time by the will of God. They, by their very nature, change to meet the needs of the times. These current laws are outdated and for a world that no longer exists, therefore the need for the laws to change so they can match the current world that does exist. Which is why I asked earlier, do you keep stomping your feet for a system that has failed or create a better system?
                            No, it is you who do not understand. Correct, the system doesn't work for all the people who want to migrate here.
                            But it's not supposed to. The system is supposed to work to benefit US citizens who are already here.

Comment

Regarding PR and statehood:
                              http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politi...rnd/index.html

However, it goes deeper than that. Puerto Rico is in an economic crisis. The commonwealth filed for municipal bankruptcy in May, and is in the hole for $70 billion owed to various creditors. Poverty is rampant, unemployment is high -- 11.5% -- and statehood supporters, including Rosselló, say the move could boost Puerto Rico's economy.
                              Yep, as expected. They want their bills paid for them.

Too freakin' bad, I'd like someone to pay my bills too.

Maybe bring the question again AFTER they clean up the financial mess they've made of themselves?

Comment

so, today's Baseball shooting

and the usual reaction of the neocons : "it's the media's fault!"
                                (translated: "down with the 1st amendment! MAGA!")

Comment

Working...
                                X