Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your ignorance does not mean it does not happen.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Been reading your rejoice magazine again?
      I presume you didn't hover over the (PDF) link nor click on it.
      "U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, DC
      HUD’s Fiscal Years 2016 and 2015 (Restated)
      Consolidated Financial Statements Audit (Reissued)
      "
      Audit Report Number: 2017-FO-0005
      March 1, 2017

. . .
      What We Found
      "The total amounts of errors corrected in HUD’s notes and consolidated financial statements were $516.4 billion and $3.4 billion, respectively. . ."
      Anywho, to answer to your comment = No. I never clicked on *that* link. Saw it also in the "Daily Wire". But read it at IVN, then found the actual HUD document and quoted from the HUD document.

Not that this matters here, but I managed to avoid reading most of the world news for about two weeks..
      Serious things happening on the homefront will do that. Still not energetic enough to bother reading much of the world news yet. Got other things to tend to. Might take a few months to bounce back.. or never.

Comment

I did, I know what and where it comes from.
        I'm curious to know how they explain 500 billion dollars in errors for a department with a budget of 50 billion.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          It doesn't matter because of the cost, it matters because it is Trump. I didn't hear all that much pee'n n moanin' when the prior sorry excuse for president & his wife had separate vacations and all that crap..

Certainly not from the media at least. Even with Moochelle taking a separate plane to Hubby, AND taking her ma with her...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            When i want something hot to drink, its usually tea too, OR hot coco.. And when i do drink tea, its PG tips!
            What are PG tips?

I did, I know what and where it comes from.
            I'm curious to know how they explain 500 billion dollars in errors for a department with a budget of 50 billion.
            Someone just added a zero for fun, perhaps?

Like some moron countyclerk forgot the dots on the "ij" in our last name, thus making it a "y" instead and technically no longer related to my grandfather.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

PG Tips, brand name of tea bags, to me they taste weedy prefer Tick Tock Rooibus
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks.

Over here it's Lipton.

Comment

Lipton's good for making sun boiled ice tea!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                    Don't forget, Trump OWNs his hotels -AND- the golf courses that go with them. So, he doesn't have to pay any special fees just to play golf or stay overnight in his own hotels. Plus, the SS probably get to stay at the hotel with a group discount, so that would put more ka-ching into taxpayers pockets than Uncle Sam's services.
                    Do you even realise that you are defending the illegal actions of trump?
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you even realise that you are defending the illegal actions of trump?
                      How is Donald Trump staying at his *own* hotel to live, breathe, eat, and have interview and political meetings an illegal action? Your post doesn't make sense, unless someone is making up new rules on how to operate in various environments.

(Current USA President) Trump is saving taxpayers a lot of TAX money by staying in his own home abode, than in some place where TAXpayers have to pay extra to keep him sheltered and fed. As I understand the situation, it was Trump doing investment *business* with stocks and sales construction in "Trump's" own name, to gain commission(s) that he chose NOT to do. Not stay at his own "sub/urban" ranch on the homefront range.

I don't know if Trump owns an actual home, but having political encounters in a better environment, where he KNOWS how his *own* security teams work, than the gov't SS variety, is better for him, and probably cheaper for the rest of us taxpayers. Until all buggy problems are destroyed from previous political admins, etc. (which was in the news months ago), Trump knows where to stay and discuss world events -- when possible. Besides, the White House is being revamped for construction. Too noisy to work, and not conducive for good work environment, except for smaller scaled issues.
                      Jeesh.

Not many former presidents would work in their own home abodes, because of personal issues ("those being interviewed -- foreign gov'ts or local politicians, etc. -- ain't meeting in *MY* house.. Oh no! use the gov't housing TaxPayer premium paid!"). Hotels have many luxury amenities that personal home environments do not have. Everything charged at DC offices goes on TAX payer dollars. That includes the electric bills, swimming pool spas, other misc. items. Most people knowledgeable about "Group rate discounts" held by most major end (popular) hotels also know those rates are wayyyyyy more cheaper than DC office rates. Common sense for economics rules in that situation.

I've been in situations where using these (legal) discount rates are true (and know many people who utilize that type of discount route), so it's not something coming off the top of my proverbial hat. I'm just surprised that President Trump would help provide economic discounts for working where a meeting might be cheaper than using gov't sourced property.

Comment

How is Donald Trump staying at his *own* hotel to live, breathe, eat, and have interview and political meetings an illegal action? Your post doesn't make sense, unless someone is making up new rules on how to operate in various environments. <SNIP>
                        I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I think the basis for the griping is that one set of ethical rules or laws requires that the business, operating as a business has to charge standard rates for facility use. This sets up a no win scenario by conflicting with another rule/law that says a political officeholder who owns a business can't profit off the government by giving govt. business to his own business.

Comment

So who saw tonight's 60 minutes segment about how cellphone companies and pc companies are engineering their 'apps' to be addictive??

Comment

Of course they are. I didn't see 60 min, but I expect it's because these games are generally just vehicles for advertising. The more they get you to play, the more ads they show you and so forth.
                            However, I believe that a computer known as WOPR solved this problem back in 1983.
                            The only winning move is not to play.

Comment

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but I think the basis for the griping is that one set of ethical rules or laws requires that the business, operating as a business has to charge standard rates for facility use. This sets up a no win scenario by conflicting with another rule/law that says a political officeholder who owns a business can't profit off the government by giving govt. business to his own business.
                              Yes, you are correct Annoyed, Damn that constitution of yours.
                              sigpic

Comment

How is Donald Trump staying at his *own* hotel to live, breathe, eat, and have interview and political meetings an illegal action? Your post doesn't make sense, unless someone is making up new rules on how to operate in various environments.
                                That right there, in bold, should have clued you in.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                So who saw tonight's 60 minutes segment about how cellphone companies and pc companies are engineering their 'apps' to be addictive??
                                Didn't see the segment, but I did see an article about it.

It doesn't surprise me, after all they have to be profitable and the only way to do that (except from building something useful and/or brilliant) is to keep people coming back for more.

However, I believe that a computer known as WOPR solved this problem back in 1983.
                                Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X