Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we finally covered everything that makes him angry. I thought that was impossible
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Have we finally covered everything that makes him angry. I thought that was impossible
      He just goes round and round...

If only he could learn why his anger is wrong and makes no sense..

Comment

That would defy his old man thinking paradigm
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          ah but arguing cleverly is crucial regardless of situation: why even mention the other person?
          just say you are not comfortable & you don't have the space that you paid for and that you have good reason to sue them (the company I mean)
          you capice?
          Play it out in your head. The airline staff will ask you why you are uncomfortable. And just for the sake of discussion, imagine it goes to small claims or other court. You will have to give a reason there, too, at which time you will be shot down for not being "sensitive" or some such rot.

Comment

But.. but.. you don't fly anywhere... Why is this so important?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              also a good opportunity to start a new airline whose selling point would be extra wide seats for seating the morbidly obese comfortably with room to spare....you could even imagine the advert for it

"Welcome to the new FatboyAir, where you can fly in comfort without having to worry about complaints from those in better shape than you. Our seats are guaranteed to seat Michael Moore comfortably with room to spare or your money back!"
              It would work, IF they could be competitive in price. But that would be impossible. First, last and always, the aircraft can only lift so much weight off the ground. If you have two airliners, one for fatties (320Lbs) and one for regular folks (160 Lbs). you can only have half as many passengers on the fatties plane. Therefore, you would have to charge each passenger twice what the normal folks pay.
              Good luck with that.

Comment

Regular folk weigh 160 lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Don't they have to pay for those two seats?
                  I though they had to pay for both if they take up both.
                  Sadly, no. That is what I would like to see. But no, the person whose seat they are intruding into is expected to be nice and put up with it.

While it's a contributing factor to a lot of heavy-weigths, some really can't help it (like our Minister of the Health Department --> she's a medical doctor too)
                  Here's another aspect that will rattle your cage. Because men and women carry their weight differently, women are more likely to be a problem than men are. An overweight male often carries the extra weight in the front of their stomach; the typical "beer belly" so that it projects forward, while an overweight female tends to spread out to the sides; upper arms, hips and so forth. This would make the female more likely to intrude into the adjacent seat.
                  This may be counterbalanced to some degree because males are generally larger overall.

Comment

Body shaming at its finest.

Also, I'm definitely not regular.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      Regular folk weigh 160 lbs?
                      I was a bit off with that; I was using an outdated figure from the marine manufacturing industry. Seems the average has been increased to about 185 or so a few years back.

Comment

Still not average...

Let's see where I measure up... 105 lbs (48kg) -- nope, not average.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                          He just goes round and round...

If only he could learn why his anger is wrong and makes no sense..
                          Why shouldn't the person whose space is being taken by the adjacent fatty be pissed? He is not the person who is causing the problem.
                          Give me one good, logical reason (emotional doesn't count) a passenger should have to tolerate being squished by the person next to him because that person cannot fit into the space allocated to them?

Comment

Body shaming at its finest.

Also, I'm definitely not regular.
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with the emotional or social aspects. The simple fact is that if a person doesn't fit into the space allocated to them because they are too large, the burden of resolving that problem should be on that person, not the person stuck next to them. Buy two seats for example. Problem solved, by the person causing it, without involving anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with the emotional or social aspects. The simple fact is that if a person doesn't fit into the space allocated to them because they are too large, the burden of resolving that problem should be on that person, not the person stuck next to them. Buy two seats for example. Problem solved, by the person causing it, without involving anyone else.
                              You call em fatties, and garhkal doesn't understand how they can be that fat -- even though several just can't help their weight being what it is.

You don't seem to have much respect for your fellow man/woman in that regard.

Did you ever stop to think, how the next-seat passenger gained all that weight? Or will you only think of how they will invade your personal space?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                Play it out in your head. The airline staff will ask you why you are uncomfortable.
                                simple: tell them you don't have enough space. if they ask why then they'll look all the more disingenuous & you can add this to the claim against them

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                                also a good opportunity to start a new airline whose selling point would be extra wide seats for seating the morbidly obese comfortably with room to spare....you could even imagine the advert for it
                                a new "Jumbo Jet" concept
                                Last edited by SoulReaver; 23 December 2016, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X