This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    1) Russian ambassador shot in Ankara (Turkey) by Turkish off-duty policeman -- revenge killing for Aleppo
    2) 3 people shot near an Islamic Center in Zurich
    3) at least 9 dead and more than 50 people injured in a what is described by German police as a deliberate attack on a Christmas market in Berlin, by ways of driving a truck into the masses (thus copying the 14th of July Nice (France) attack) -- one suspect has been arrested, another died in the crash

What electoral college vote?

I saw the ambassador shooting on the news.... Yikes just doing your job and you get shot. Poor guy.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      True.
      But you will never find me condoning what these (liberal) people have done either.
      But neither do we hear you chastizing them..
      Which to me IS coming close to condoning them.

And as I have said before the one sure fire way to get a liberal to be intolerant of you, is to be intolerant of others. Oppose them in rational discourse and make your case and you would have far less problems. You are asking them to do the one thing that is anathema to their mindset, tolerate bigotry and hate and the actions that can spring from that.
      So someone coming onto a campus, or already on that campus referencing something conservative, trying to stir up discussion is just being bigoted, therefore Deserves the hate and intolerance they are shown??

Of course I can, they should not be issuing death threats to anyone, it's wrong on multiple levels. Can you accept that they used bad behaviour as a tool of last resort rather than it being normal?
      Last resort? Seems its the first thing some of them went to..
      And in a linked story TO that, ever hear of the kid singer Jackie Evancho, best known as the child-prodigy opera singer of America’s Got Talent Season 5? When it was announced online she was picked to be the singer of the national anthem for Trump's inauguration, she got quite a lot of hate mail online.. YET SHE ALSO sang for Obama, twice... YET NOT ONCE on those times did anyone issue threats to her for singing for Obama.. BUT how dare she sing for trump..

1) Russian ambassador shot in Ankara (Turkey) by Turkish off-duty policeman -- revenge killing for Aleppo
      2) 3 people shot near an Islamic Center in Zurich
      3) at least 9 dead and more than 50 people injured in a what is described by German police as a deliberate attack on a Christmas market in Berlin, by ways of driving a truck into the masses (thus copying the 14th of July Nice (France) attack) -- one suspect has been arrested, another died in the crash

What electoral college vote?
      I heard of the Russian Ambassador shooting over lunch, then hung my head when i heard of the latest attrocity in Germany... Shades of Nice..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Would you like a list of things you don't chastise the right for?

So someone coming onto a campus, or already on that campus referencing something conservative, trying to stir up discussion is just being bigoted, therefore Deserves the hate and intolerance they are shown??
        It depends what they are saying.

Last resort? Seems its the first thing some of them went to..
        All reports I have read have been some were like that, some were just asking, some were making arguments. If you want me to say some on the left can be just as intolerant as some on the right, yes, some of them are
        And in a linked story TO that, ever hear of the kid singer Jackie Evancho, best known as the child-prodigy opera singer of America’s Got Talent Season 5? When it was announced online she was picked to be the singer of the national anthem for Trump's inauguration, she got quite a lot of hate mail online.. YET SHE ALSO sang for Obama, twice... YET NOT ONCE on those times did anyone issue threats to her for singing for Obama.. BUT how dare she sing for trump..
        Do you know why she was copping some flack?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

That's like asking every Muslim in the world to speak out against the likes of IS.

You know 95% doesn't condone their actions, yet at every turn general you wants them to come out and say it.

It seems you don't have a clue what the backlash is actually for...

Also, no one outside of the US knows who she is, so she's America-famous, I guess.

Shall I tell him?

I'm gonna tell him...

Trump inaugural singer Jackie Evancho criticized because sister is trans

"While Evancho is facing criticism on Twitter and Facebook for agreeing to perform at the inauguration, those comments have largely expressed support for her transgender sister. Rather, they highlight the perceived hypocrisy in performing for a president whose administration is opposed to transgender protections."

Jackie Evancho, 16, addresses backlash since agreeing to sing at Trump inauguration
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

"Strangely enough", right wing sites -did- actually mention it, but did not make the connection as to why people might find it hypocritical, it was all about hating Trump.
            sigpic

Comment

And as I have said before the one sure fire way to get a liberal to be intolerant of you, is to be intolerant of others.
              And that is just saying what myself and others have said many times over. They expect everyone to be tolerant of their views, but they don't feel the need to be tolerant of other views.

How about this? Let everyone believe and behave according to their own views, with the restriction that one person's right to swing his arms end at the nose of the other person.
              I'm betting that the left wouldn't go along with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                And that is just saying what myself and others have said many times over. They expect everyone to be tolerant of their views, but they don't feel the need to be tolerant of other views.

How about this? Let everyone believe and behave according to their own views, with the restriction that one person's right to swing his arms end at the nose of the other person.
                Then stop "your party" from creating laws to disenfranchise minorities, controlling women's bodies, deciding who can and cannot get married and where they can take a piss, and what government programs deserve money.
                Or don't you think the right would go along with that?
                sigpic

Comment

"Strangely enough", right wing sites -did- actually mention it, but did not make the connection as to why people might find it hypocritical, it was all about hating Trump.
                  Like this one from the the Epoch Times -- not an single mention of the actual reason:

Jackie Evancho Faces Backlash for Agreeing to Sing on Trump Inauguration Day

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Oh, so you mean like restricting people's rights?

Comment

Like this one from the the Epoch Times -- not an single mention of the actual reason:

Jackie Evancho Faces Backlash for Agreeing to Sing on Trump Inauguration Day
                    Some did not cut the quote about why they cop backlash, this one obviously did however.

Oh, so you mean like restricting people's rights?
                    He does not understand, and he will not change.
                    sigpic

Comment

Some did not cut the quote about why they cop backlash, this one obviously did however.
                      Ah -- I have to say, I only read the first three articles of the google results, and this was the first one on the page.

Comment

Would you like a list of things you don't chastise the right for?
                        Quite a lot probably! Meaculpa...

The site i saw, mentioned she was copping that flack for daring to do the anthem for trump, AFTER social media threats of mass boycotts got another singer to 'just say no'...

That's like asking every Muslim in the world to speak out against the likes of IS.

You know 95% doesn't condone their actions, yet at every turn general you wants them to come out and say it.
                        Strange how of that 95%, we saw quite a few out celebrating 9/11.. and some of the other attrocities..

Also, no one outside of the US knows who she is, so she's America-famous, I guess.
                        I didn't know who she was at first, and had to look her up..

I did see that, but as i mentioned above, the SITE i first heard about her gettin crap, just mentioned it was because she dared sing for trump..

Comment

Quite a lot probably! Meaculpa...
                          Indeed, but I won't ask you to criticise them all, I'm tolerant that way

The site i saw, mentioned she was copping that flack for daring to do the anthem for trump, AFTER social media threats of mass boycotts got another singer to 'just say no'...
                          But that is not what she was copping flack for, as you now know.

Strange how of that 95%, we saw quite a few out celebrating 9/11.. and some of the other attrocities..
                          How many you reckon?
                          A few million
                          1.4 billion Muslims in the word, even if every Iranian, Iraqi, and Syrian cheered the destruction of the twin towers, that's not even 1% of all Muslims.
                          EDIT:
                          The above is wrong, I was assuming the wrong use of Billion, the 3 populations combined would be around 9%, I did not realise the billion that is the standard is the US version.
                          I didn't know who she was at first, and had to look her up..
                          Sure
                          I did see that, but as i mentioned above, the SITE i first heard about her gettin crap, just mentioned it was because she dared sing for trump..
                          BIAS ALERT!!!
                          This is a fun new game that FOX has developed I must say
                          Last edited by Gatefan1976; 20 December 2016, 01:34 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Strange how of that 95%, we saw quite a few out celebrating 9/11.. and some of the other attrocities...

You also have to look at who they are. Palestinians represent a massive chunk of those who celebrated 9/11. American Muslims are nearly non-existent in their celebration unless you're counting imaginary celebrations. In which case, there were 5 billion of them!
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Strange how of that 95%, we saw quite a few out celebrating 9/11.. and some of the other attrocities.
                              My 95% is a made-up number, for starters. Like 95% of my colleagues doesn't have a the first clue about Stargate.

And second -- do you mean Trump's New Jersey celebrations? Didn't you know, that's a lie.

Comment

Oh hell there are people who swear that all that Bohemian Grove stuff is TRUE. and that they have all but witnessed it....

People will believe anything if it confirms their world view.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X