This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    Ah the 9/11 truthers. The engineering ignorance is strong with those ones.
    Not what I mean killman. 9/11 was a result of previous foreign policy decisions by the US government, it would be unfair to blame W for them.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Major Edit!

Wow.. I haven't posted while that drunk in quite a while.
      Last edited by The Flyattractor; 20 October 2016, 07:26 PM.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        Are you talking about their claims of burning jet fuel not being able to melt steel?

Or you talking about their lack of knowledge about how the buildings were constructed which contributed to the way they collapsed?

The 9/11 subject fascinates me, but not in the way you probably think.

Oh you forgot the doozy of all theories that people were able to plant explosives throughout the buildings superstructure so that it would collapse totally in the fashion that it did. Not only that but they did it to both towers, and no one noticed all that.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Not what I mean killman. 9/11 was a result of previous foreign policy decisions by the US government, it would be unfair to blame W for them.
          Ah that. True.

Comment

I thought it was a result of Bin Laden's actions, but whatever you say mate...
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              yeah...............
              sigpic

Comment

And who trained Bin Laden?

Comment

He was just born into it, of course.
                  sigpic

Comment

Next you'll be asking who financed the billionaire

Who trained Bin Laden? Mainly Abdullah Azzam. Who was trained by the PLO, who was, in turn, trained by the KGB and assorted Warsaw Pact intelligence services like the East German Stasi. But by all means, stick to your fallacy of a single cause. It's cozy.

Bin Laden wasn't a fighter but a mastermind. Armed training was irrelevant to him personally as he came to Afghanistan as a financeer to run his own Mujaheddin outlet. His men were trained by the Pakistani armed forces through Hamid Gul, the then-head of the Pakistani ISI, a close friend of Bin Laden and his family who didn't mind taking his money.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

And the point goes sailing past, even when you explain it yourself.
                      sigpic

Comment

And the point goes sailing past, even when you explain it yourself.
                        Wasn't a valid point so let it sail into the sunset, never to be seen again.

How Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda were "a result of American foreign policy" is anyone's guess. Another thing that's anyone's guess is why the people who make that claim see the world as a single-player game in which the USA is the only active participant while everyone else is merely reacting. Myopia at its most ridiculous.

Comment

Wasn't a valid point so let it sail into the sunset, never to be seen again.

How Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda were "a result of American foreign policy" is anyone's guess. Another thing that's anyone's guess is why the people who make that claim see the world as a single-player game in which the USA is the only active participant while everyone else is merely reacting. Myopia at its most ridiculous.
                          The point was who is to blame for 9/11, and I said I would not blame GW for it, because all the pieces were put in place long before he became president.

US foreign policy is not a "single player system", I never said it was. US foreign policy has repercussions, same as any other nation, or do I need to spell every permutation out to you?
                          sigpic

Comment

9/11 was a result of previous foreign policy decisions by the US government, it would be unfair to blame W for them.
                            depends if W was aware of the impending attacks or not (we'll probably never know)

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Oh you forgot the doozy of all theories that people were able to plant explosives throughout the buildings superstructure so that it would collapse totally in the fashion that it did. Not only that but they did it to both towers, and no one noticed all that.
                              Yeah lol, but to be fair that's one of the more plausible theories, remember this is 2001 after all, around that time I worked with my dad at the local college doing some electrical work, not once were we ever challenged and the only people who knew what we were doing was the principle and his secretary.

There was also the time that cheaky me was left to wonder round television center for the afternoon on my own and nobody challenged me, to get in I just merged into a crowd of people going back to work after lunch and slipped past security quiet easily, I was just a nosey media student, but could have been anybody/done anything.

Back then you could get away with so much, especially if you were socially invisible like I was.

Comment

The point was who is to blame for 9/11, and I said I would not blame GW for it, because all the pieces were put in place long before he became president.
                                That wasn't all you said.

US foreign policy is not a "single player system", I never said it was. US foreign policy has repercussions, same as any other nation, or do I need to spell every permutation out to you?
                                US foreign polcy has repercussions? Sure. Painting 9/11 specifically as "repercussions of US foreign policy" is declaring that Bin Laden was solely reacting to something the US has done in the past. I hope it is sufficiently obvious that Bin Laden had his own proactive motivations which were only intersected with the US foreign policy insofar as that policy was blocking his desired outcomes.

The worst thing about 9/11 was that it was a performance for an audience. The USA was the target of the strike but not the target audience; it was used as the cue ball that gets hit in order to pocket another ball entirely.

Comment

Working...
                                X