This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    The "discontinuity" was that seasons 1-3 were on CBS, who could afford the aerial effects and actors for the show. They cancelled it after 3 seasons, and USA network which at the time was a very low budget cable network who couldn't afford the actors let alone the aerial effects shots. The resulting show was an embarrassment to the franchise. Since they couldn't afford Jan Michael Vincent, Ernest Borgnine, Alex Cord or anybody else, Stringfellows's brother was "found" and took over pilot duties and other unknowns filled other roles. The effects shots were horrible, too.

30 years later, I'm still trying to forget season 4.
    yeah I remember Barry van Dyke's acting as being on the dry side....since I don't recall watching much of the "String's brother" episodes I can't really recall the effects...though I do remember that apparently Airwolf got a Redwolf-style laser at some point because in one of these Singen (sp?) episodes they were using it I think to try to destroy some nuclear reactors that were melting down

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      yeah I remember Barry van Dyke's acting as being on the dry side....since I don't recall watching much of the "String's brother" episodes I can't really recall the effects...though I do remember that apparently Airwolf got a Redwolf-style laser at some point because in one of these Singen (sp?) episodes they were using it I think to try to destroy some nuclear reactors that were melting down
      I've never actually watched all of season 4. It was so horrible I didn't want to watch it. The original 3 seasons are still one of my favorite shows of all time. I have the dvd set. But season 4 just soils the original. It's that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Pro's and Con's Annoyed. I just think that the Pro's outweigh the cons. And besides, the main channels aslo subsidize each other. Right now I am not watching anything on USA, yet I am paying for it. TNT only has The Last Ship. Sci Fi does have those 3 space shows.
        I would rather purchase just the channels I want; pick them from a list, so that I don't have to pay for dozens of channels I'll never watch. That would be a better deal for most consumers.
        At least twice since cable was installed here in the early eighties, the carrier has talked about migrating to a la carte pricing, but opposition from niche channels who couldn't survive on their own has killed the idea.

Comment

I've never actually watched all of season 4. It was so horrible I didn't want to watch it. The original 3 seasons are still one of my favorite shows of all time. I have the dvd set. But season 4 just soils the original. It's that bad.
          I'm just curious how they dealt with not being able to afford Jan Michael Vincent when USA got a hold of the show.....did they kill off his character when his brother was found?

Comment

The pattern this century is to blame everything on the president. Hillary is just getting a head start.
            Actually the pattern seems to be 'blame the prior president'..

Comment

I'm going to blame George Washington.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I thought it was always bush's fault..
                Before Hillary and Obama it might have been.

The pattern this century is to blame everything on the president. Hillary is just getting a head start.
                LOL

Actually the pattern seems to be 'blame the prior president'..
                But Trump blames Hillary -- she isn't President yet.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  I'm just curious how they dealt with not being able to afford Jan Michael Vincent when USA got a hold of the show.....did they kill off his character when his brother was found?
                  I don't recall, I've been trying to forget season 4 for 30 years.. But there is a wiki page about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Season_4:_1987

Hawke and Santini's niece Jo are testing a helicopter control device, and after landing they find an audio tape that someone secretly placed into the helicopter. The tape reveals evidence that Hawke's lost brother St. John is still alive and being held prisoner somewhere in South East Asia by a rebel mercenary group. Hawke takes the tape to the F.I.R.M. where he finds Archangel has been suddenly reassigned to the Middle-East and replaced by Jason Locke. Locke determines the tape proves nothing and refuses to get involved. Later, Hawke receives a mysterious package containing St. John's ring, further proof that his brother may still be alive and trying to send a message. Suddenly, Santini is killed when the helicopter he was about to fly explodes. The blast seriously injures Hawke and he slips into unconsciousness at the hospital. Meanwhile, Locke assigns pilot Major Michael Rivers to find Airwolf and return it to the F.I.R.M. (which has been renamed "The Company"). Jo Santini discovers what is going on and intercepts Rivers convincing him to help her find St. John. Rivers goes against orders and flies Airwolf to Asia to rescue St. John and bring him back home. St. John is found alive and returns to the United States just in time to be with Hawke; whose fate is left unknown.

Comment

Just on Airwolf the only seasons I could tolerate were seasons 1 and 2. Anything past that point I just didn't bother with. I mean the show was fun but the concept is rather goofy if you look too deep into it. hehe
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I don't recall, I've been trying to forget season 4 for 30 years.. But there is a wiki page about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Season_4:_1987
                      yup....so either dead or still in a coma for the whole season....I wondered what happened to Dominic too.....now that's really unforgivable...I loved Ernest Borgnine as Dominic Santini....especially the way him and Archangel would always be going at it

if they had to kill off his character I would rather they had him go down fighting....not in some "accident" that likely really wasn't an accident

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Bush is only responsible for what he was responsible for. For Example, I would not blame 9/11 on Bush.
                        Ah the 9/11 truthers. The engineering ignorance is strong with those ones.

Comment

Are you talking about their claims of burning jet fuel not being able to melt steel?

Or you talking about their lack of knowledge about how the buildings were constructed which contributed to the way they collapsed?

The 9/11 subject fascinates me, but not in the way you probably think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            Are you talking about their claims of burning jet fuel not being able to melt steel?

Or you talking about their lack of knowledge about how the buildings were constructed which contributed to the way they collapsed?

The 9/11 subject fascinates me, but not in the way you probably think.
                            Both, basically.
                            Last edited by thekillman; 20 October 2016, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              But Trump blames Hillary -- she isn't President yet.
                              Technically she was by being bill's other half..

Comment

Technically she was by being bill's other half..
                                Technically doesn't count.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X