X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rock would check you in to the smackdown hotel for that mutilation
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Sounds painful.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        With today's entitlement society
        the elites set the example

Comment

Hot Topic. The Future..

What do you think the world will be like in say 150 or 200 years?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I think there's a good chance it will be post-apocalypse.
            I don't expect the U.S. to last another 25 years, if that... And when we do fall, we are big enough to trigger a worldwide economic collapse. Not recession, depression, but outright collapse.
            How long it takes to climb back up the ladder depends upon how far we fall. If we don't destroy ourselves.

Comment

Where did you get this magic crystal ball that lets you see so far into the future?

And how long have you been predicting "the US only has 25 years left"?

Did you notice how it survived a civil war and two world wars intact? It will survive the shift to a more automated workforce. It will survive China taking the title of "world's biggest economy" That's nothing compared to what the world was going through a century ago.
              Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 13 September 2016, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I've been thinking that the US is headed for the wall for a long time now.

I've got a lot of reasons to think this, too many to go into now, but consider. How screwed up are we already? Look at this year's presidential race.
                BOTH parties had major revolts against the party leadership. The Democrats were able to fend off theirs, but the Republicans couldn't.
                Look at what we've ended up with as candidates If someone told you 10 years ago what was coming this year, you would have thought them off their rocker, right?
                This isn't the cause, but it sure is a symptom of just how messed up this place is.

As far as taking the rest of the world with us, we were nowhere near as large & influential back then as we are today, and the world was far less interconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Hot Topic. The Future..

What do you think the world will be like in say 150 or 200 years?
                  When Trump becomes president, we won't make it past 2017.
                  That whole mutual destruction and all.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    I've been thinking that the US is headed for the wall for a long time now.

I've got a lot of reasons to think this, too many to go into now, but consider. How screwed up are we already? Look at this year's presidential race.
                    BOTH parties had major revolts against the party leadership. The Democrats were able to fend off theirs, but the Republicans couldn't.
                    Look at what we've ended up with as candidates If someone told you 10 years ago what was coming this year, you would have thought them off their rocker, right?
                    This isn't the cause, but it sure is a symptom of just how messed up this place is.

As far as taking the rest of the world with us, we were nowhere near as large & influential back then as we are today, and the world was far less interconnected.
                    You survived the separation from Britain.

You survived the Civil War.

You survived two world wars. The biggest most destructive wars the planet has ever known.

You survived the Great Depression.

You survived eight years of George W. Bush.

You survived the cold war, nuclear Armageddon was an almost daily threat.

You survived 9/11.

You survived.

So what if you lose the top spot on the world economy? Britain survived that and we controlled two thirds of the planet

You fear recession, but that's a tiny dip in the economy that will recover. Remember that in this time of "mass panic and crisis" everyone is rushing out to buy the new iPhone. Hardly the sign of a country about to collapse.

Why are you so sure your country is dying? Is it because Trump said so?

No one else is saying that.

And a collapse of the US economy would take the rest of the planet down too. That's how it works when everything is so closely linked.

But Britain's economy could do the same thing. So could France and Germany. China.. etc.. The US isn't special in this regard. A collapse in any of the largest economies will have a knock-on effect in the global economy.
                    Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 13 September 2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      When Trump becomes president, we won't make it past 2017.
                      That whole mutual destruction and all.

Trump doesn't want to be President. He just wants to win.

And if he does, he'll quit within six months. Just like every other business venture he started himself. As soon as it gets hard he quits.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        Trump doesn't want to be President. He just wants to win.

And if he does, he'll quit within six months.
                        riiight

he'll also give away all his billion$ while we're at it

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          riiight

he'll also give all his billion$ to charity while we're at it
                          But he needs that to maintain his astonishingly healthy orange glow!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            But he needs that to maintain his astonishingly healthy orange glow!
                            power will make him glow alright (for most citizens on the other hand things will be dimmer)
                            he'll have a whole staff of private healthcare workers & nutritionists & masseurs & what not just for him - this time paid by taxes not his billion$

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              the elites set the example
                              How so? I don't see many of the 'rich class' demanding this or that, claiming they are entitled to it..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                How so? I don't see many of the 'rich class' demanding this or that, claiming they are entitled to it..

I think I know what he'll say. Because they can take what they want irregardless of what the rules say. They gots zee power.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X