This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If food counts than I'm good -- I eat a lot of vegetables and meat, and ... I eat a lot. Let's leave it at that.

I stand at 5'10" - 105.82 lb -- did I mention I'm a skinny lass/lad who can eat all s/he like.
    ...I hate you

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      ...I hate you
      You're not the only one.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think we all hate FH in that scenario. It reminds me of my sister who ate a lot of junk food and was half my size
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You have put on a little weight PH
          I didn't think it was that noticeable..

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Not really, 4 liters of water as what you are supposed to drink every day FH.
            No it ain't. Maybe for someone who weighs around 250 pounds or more. Certainly Not for a 120 pound person. The lighter weighted person, regardless of their height could end up drowning from all the bloating resulting from all that fluid!

Dude, that's a lot of liquid.
            Eeek!!! What FH said..!!

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            Note that you take in water with foods too. So it depends a bit on what you eat as well.
            This is true, especially with water filled fruits and veggies.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            It differs per person. A 5'2 120 lb man will need a lot less water than 6'5 280 lb man.
            That is certainly true. Used to annoy me that I could never drink more than 6 glasses of liquid a day, lest I bloat up. Maybe 8 glasses at 6 oz or less, but not 8 oz during my grammar school years. Could hardly down more than 5 glasses at 8 ounces daily even in my teen years. Yeah, I was more than a lightweight.. Gym teacher liked to use me (flipping me upside down, etc) in his acrobatics class demonstrations, because I weighed the least amount and was short, too.

Downside of that was that I never got to practice with help, because the other kids were jealous. Didn't help that I had an abnormal spinal curve that prevented me from doing as well as the others either.
            I think school should just be to see who is talented in what strengths and dwell on those instead of making everyone compete against those who are better than they are and get down graded because of health issues.. which aren't known at that time. Even dyslexia is a problem in math or anything requiring spelling and pronunciation for kids who can't read the info properly.

I stand at 5'10" - 105.82 lb -- did I mention I'm a skinny lass/lad who can eat all s/he like.
            You're a toothpick..!
            I weighed 104 lbs when I got married. Gained 20+ more since then. And I'm a lot shorter, too.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            5'6 and 130 lbs *waddles away*
            No.. I'd be the one waddling. (I'm) Just under that weight and still several inches shorter..
            Working on trimming the blubber off my belly that came with menopause.. *sigh* Resorting to exercise machine and aerobics.. helps with the bad knees and back.

Actually, the latest round of suggestions for proper hydration is to drink approximately 1/2 of your actual weight in ounces. Not sure what that equals to in liters, but it seems to work (for me), so far.
            So, hypothetically, if I weigh 126 pounds, then 63 ounces of fluid per day should reach my daily needs.

So far, I've gotten up to drinking about 3.5 bottles of 16 ounces with an extra 10 ounces tossed in for instant breakfast (nutrition drink). The one weekend where I nearly had around 75 ounces of fluid or more, I thought I'd burst from being water bloated. It was too much to drink in one day (but it was also a very hot day, and I had to cool off with extra ice on a cold, damp cloth, too).
            I can't believe I drank the whole thing..!

Comment

*furiously rams the calculator to convert to non-retarded units*

Comment

About 2.2 liters killman
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                  You're a toothpick..!
                  Pretty much.

*furiously rams the calculator to convert to non-retarded units*

I feel your pain.

About 2.2 liters killman
                  Savior of the day.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My parents started initially in hardware, in the time when you had to know imperial and metric, so I learned via parental osmosis
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      ...I hate you
                      *whistles innocently while eating an entire pig*
                      Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      Which one is Tood?

...I need to know which size water bottle to get for your wall..
                      5'5" around 130lb. Though, for a guy it's not that great considering that it is incredibly hard to gain and maintain muscle mass. They say It should be getting easier now as my metabolism slows down with age. We'll see what the results are. *Bench presses PH*
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

PH is taller than Tood..

*rests rum and bacon bounty on Tood's head*

Comment

Hey! I wasn't done yet! *Grabs PH and continues bench presses*
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

My parents started initially in hardware, in the time when you had to know imperial and metric, so I learned via parental osmosis
                            Imperial would be so much easier if it at least had internal logic.

Comment

Imperial would be so much easier if it at least had internal logic.
                              Not to me. The Metric system is infinitely easier to use, once you know it.
                              Problem is that business interests in the US would find conversion a painful & expensive process, so we're not likely to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                Hey! I wasn't done yet! *Grabs PH and continues bench presses*
                                You need more weight

*adds airbags to PH*
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X