This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    Maybe some people's experiences have caused them not to be so trusting, because they've been ambushed and their names ended up on someone's targeted *hit* list. It's easy to forgive, but not easy to forget.

If the few really good Muslims would not cave in to peer pressure of their own more aggressive peers, maybe they would be okay neighbors. Just don't step out of line according to the Islamic doctrine and Sharia Law, and give "Allah" praise, etc. and maybe you get to live. That's "Allah" not "Abba" (which Abba means *father* in Latin/Greek... but it seems like apparently someone mistranslated Abba and thought what they may have heard was "Allah" along the way, instead.. thus, there is no "Abba" God in Islam--as "Allah" is not a Father and has no Son, but there is in Christianity.. and Messianic Judaism.. *Abba* is head of *family* unit).
    But when we keep hearing horror stories from islamic nations, such as the forced mutilation of their daughters, honor killings and the like, and in some of those places its almost celebrated when it happens, and this is coming from the NON militants, how Can anyone not see them all in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      While technically true, it HAS become to symbolize Christ's birth.. And presents!!!
      Which is weird cause he wasn't even born in December.

In initial outlay, yes. Compare say to lacross, or hockey.. BUT the price to play once you have everything is (per hour) rather cheap. Go bowling for 3 games these days, and with shoe rental, you can easily play 10 bucks for around an hour... Going golfing and you are playing a good 4-5 hours...
      Lacrosse and hockey -- not the most popular sports over here.
      I was going to say that lacrosse isn't even played here, but I happen to see a guy last week who was wearing a team shirt of a Flemish lacrosse team so there's at least one team out there.

I see prices which vary between 400 & 600€ on the website of Golf Flanders.
      That can be conceived as expensive.

Doesn't seem like they are losing ground. BUT i do agree, the lashing out is very dumb, with hitting a LOT of fellow muslim sites. its like they don't care if their FELLOW muslims hate them or not..
      That's the divide between Sunni (Daesh) and Shia. To Daesh, Shia are heathens and thus need to be destroyed.

Maybe counter propoganda showing how sick these attacks are, and that those who DO become suicide bombers, won't go to heaven, get 72 virgins etc..
      They tried that in Belgium - succes rate varied.

And how many hundreds of thousands are already dead in all the bloody bombings, beheadings, car bombs, shootings etc?
      How many more are you willing to kill?
      Are innocent lives of such little value to you?

The death toll (200+) of the car bombing in Baghdad has been the worst since the American invasion. That is saying something.

Well, many of us called it, but Comey shows just how 2 tiered justice is. ONe for politicians, and one for us with his announcement that Hillary won't get any charges..
      I saw a post about on a friend's Facebook page and immediately thought of you and Annoyed -- they're gonna love this.

You seem to be listening to too much of the news propaganda surrounding them.
      And what news propaganda do you think I read?
      I don't listen to the radio, and I don't watch the news (cause I don't watch TV).

I take a wait and see approach. Their resilient enough to keep bouncing back, and it wouldn't be surprising if the very last one of them got killed off, someone somewhere would probably be inspired enough to pick up from they left off.. history repeats itself..
      "Destroy one head, and two grow in its place."
      Hail Hydra!

I think that pretty much says it all (cfr. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel universe).

Which is why even the quietest ones with honorably, good behavior cannot be trusted.
      And yet, the US and every other country will nearly always (depending on the crime at least) release prisoners on good behavior. So, nothing new there.

Wikipedia just happened to be a quickstop in retrieving it.
      We're all guilty of the Wikipedia sin...
      Will just try to avoid it at all cost.

That's your opinion. You keep harping on this.
      Because it's the truth -- just look around. And I don't have to look far to see it - even in my immediate circle offline I see it.

If the few really good Muslims would not cave in to peer pressure of their own more aggressive peers, maybe they would be okay neighbors.
      And yet, you only expect that from Muslims, but when any other religion does anything no one needs to apologize or distance themselves.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      says she who thinks every straight male is a macho
      I do not think that, unless you're trying to tell me something again.

But when we keep hearing horror stories from islamic nations, such as the forced mutilation of their daughters, honor killings and the like, and in some of those places its almost celebrated when it happens, and this is coming from the NON militants, how Can anyone not see them all in the same boat.
      The same way you don't say all cops are in the same boat because a couple are trigger happy (latest victim: Alton Sterling).

The same way you don't say all Christians are in the same boat because
      ...some use their "religious freedom" to discriminate against LGBTI's or praise the Orlando shooter for killing those 49 people in Orlando.
      ...a few have blown up buildings, killed people at abortion clinics, committed hate crimes.

The same way you don't say all Mexicans are rapists because of a few who are.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I do not think that
        confess

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          confess
          *ding*
          Shame!
          *ding*
          Shame!
          *ding*
          Shame!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            *ding*
            Shame!
            *ding*
            Shame!
            *ding*
            Shame!
            You read my mind.

Comment

If the few really good Muslims would not cave in to peer pressure of their own more aggressive peers, maybe they would be okay neighbors. Just don't step out of line according to the Islamic doctrine and Sharia Law, and give "Allah" praise, etc. and maybe you get to live. That's "Allah" not "Abba" (which Abba means *father* in Latin/Greek...
              In Hebrew.

People who don't know their own religion yet preach it... Pet peeve.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Which is weird cause he wasn't even born in December.
                I know. It was a great retcon to make things fit.

I was going to say that lacrosse isn't even played here, but I happen to see a guy last week who was wearing a team shirt of a Flemish lacrosse team so there's at least one team out there.

I see prices which vary between 400 & 600€ on the website of Golf Flanders.
                That can be conceived as expensive.
                Several of he mil bases i have been stationed on, had their own courses ON them (heck even Gulfport CBC had a course), and from all my comrades who golfed on them, they said they were very reasonably priced..

That's the divide between Sunni (Daesh) and Shia. To Daesh, Shia are heathens and thus need to be destroyed.
                Sounds like the IRA with the whole Protestant vs Catholic issue..

They tried that in Belgium - succes rate varied.
                At least they tried.

How many more are you willing to kill?
                Are innocent lives of such little value to you?
                No they are not of such insignificance. However i DO feel, if they are going to be killed, better by someone trying to STOP that evil, than BY the evil..

I saw a post about on a friend's Facebook page and immediately thought of you and Annoyed -- they're gonna love this.
                well, as someone corrected me elsewhere, technically we have a 3 tiered system now days.
                One for politicians and the rich
                One for blacks
                and one for everyone else..

And what news propaganda do you think I read?
                I don't listen to the radio, and I don't watch the news (cause I don't watch TV).
                Maybe he thinks all you do is go over left wing internet sites..

"Destroy one head, and two grow in its place."
                Hail Hydra!

I think that pretty much says it all (cfr. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel universe).
                No one said it better than Skull!!! Long live the red skull!

We're all guilty of the Wikipedia sin...
                As The water boy would say "my momma says wikipedia is of the devils".

And yet, you only expect that from Muslims, but when any other religion does anything no one needs to apologize or distance themselves.
                Check again. I have been asking Christians for years now, to apologize for all their padeo priests, heck even the POPE has yet to seriously apologize for them.

The same way you don't say all cops are in the same boat because a couple are trigger happy (latest victim: Alton Sterling).

The same way you don't say all Christians are in the same boat because
                ...some use their "religious freedom" to discriminate against LGBTI's or praise the Orlando shooter for killing those 49 people in Orlando.
                ...a few have blown up buildings, killed people at abortion clinics, committed hate crimes.
                You have not followed me well then have you. I have been highly critical of them turds blowing up abortion clinics etc.. And have had nothing but contempt for those 2 priests (iirc it was only 2) who praised the orlando shooter..

Comment

I have been asking Christians for years now, to apologize for all their padeo priests, heck even the POPE has yet to seriously apologize for them.
                  I think "Biblically speaking" Christians, even individual Catholics, should not have to apologize for the actions of the actual offending Priests -- as it is or should be the priests and the whole clergy level (TPTB) over those specific persons who should be doing the apologizing. Unless their superiors were unaware of any wrong-doing, it's really the specific persons --clergy or layman-- who should be apologizing for their *own* actions.

My local Catholic Church clergy (and their superiors) basically removed one of their newby priests who was accused of pediophilia to several altar boys (a boy who helps the priest during a Catholic service), and sent the priest off to another Church of lesser (power control) status in a different town. No, it didn't stop the problem. It just moved the offending priest to a different location. Not sure if there ever was a secular (county) Court trial, but I think there were lawyers involved and perhaps some monetary damage control that was given to the family, for any psychological counseling services involved.

Once the whole news became public knowledge (in the local paper), it was a shocker to me, because I grew up in school with that priest as one of the new favorites. The other favored priest eventually ended up becoming the Head Pastor/Priest, and yet today, I've heard he's not liked by folks who find him too strict in disciplinary issues and scholastic payments, etc. I practically adored the strict priest, because he was such a sweetheart of a soul with a gentle spirit (very near "Christ"-like). I still like him, even tho I have many coworkers who resent him and his strict attitudes, and see him as being "soooooo mean". I'm guessing those folks don't know the whole story on *why* he chose to be so strict. It's not my place to ask either.

Anywho, why should another Christian -- who is a very popular youth minister, and is very much like Jesus in many of his gentle manners, apologize for someone else he doesn't even know, nor knows of their "sin" or crime committed against another soul..? This youth minister can offer compassion and empathy to those who have been hurt, but it is not he himself who should be doing the apologizing. It is the person who committed the crime/"sin" in the first place.

And if that offending person has long since passed away -- there isn't a whole lot anyone can do to *FIX* wounded hearts. That's like telling the descendants of whoever ordered Peter and Paul to be crucified to apologize for killing these men of the gospel, in order to make everyone affected walk away feeling happy and vindicated for something that someone else experienced -- not yourself. The Bible records that every person will have to give an account for their own actions. Substitutions from anyone else outside of what Jesus declared for himself, will not count. That is how the high court of heaven will judge.

In other words, a person who never committed the crime can apologize for the wrongs of another person until the apologizer is blue in the face, and --on the eternal spectrum meter-- it won't change one iota of the other "offending" person's actions. Forgiveness is another issue.

Comment

Rich people don't need justics, or laws, or even facing charges.......
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It was a great retcon to make things fit.
                      Maybe the oldest retcon to date.

Maybe he thinks all you do is go over left wing internet sites..
                      I try not to.

Check again. I have been asking Christians for years now, to apologize for all their padeo priests, heck even the POPE has yet to seriously apologize for them.

You have not followed me well then have you. I have been highly critical of them turds blowing up abortion clinics etc.. And have had nothing but contempt for those 2 priests (iirc it was only 2) who praised the orlando shooter..
                      You do indeed. It was aimed at SGAlisa post which I quoted (or did I misquote)...

I think "Biblically speaking" Christians, even individual Catholics, should not have to apologize for the actions of the actual offending Priests -- as it is or should be the priests and the whole clergy level (TPTB) over those specific persons who should be doing the apologizing. Unless their superiors were unaware of any wrong-doing, it's really the specific persons --clergy or layman-- who should be apologizing for their *own* actions.

[...]

In other words, a person who never committed the crime can apologize for the wrongs of another person until the apologizer is blue in the face, and --on the eternal spectrum meter-- it won't change one iota of the other "offending" person's actions. Forgiveness is another issue.
                      And you made my point.

Comment

Minn. cop fatally shoots black man during traffic stop, aftermath broadcast on Facebook

Depending upon what we don't know yet, this doesn't look good for the officer involved. If all is as it appears, he should be prosecuted.

Comment

Like that will happen...

Comment

Oh, it might. It has before.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Minn. cop fatally shoots black man during traffic stop, aftermath broadcast on Facebook

Depending upon what we don't know yet, this doesn't look good for the officer involved. If all is as it appears, he should be prosecuted.

Holy Moly what is going on?
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Holy Moly what is going on?
                                The usual ... cops taking matters into their own hands and getting away with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X