sigpic

Comment

Comment

What if PH is my sockie?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            What would happen if we removed all automation from every industry? Anything that a machine does, replace it with a team of humans. Start by taking down all the windmills and get those humans grinding their own flour by hand!

Do they still use windmills for that? ...Close down all the factories that replaced the windmills!

The point is, this isn't a new problem. When was the last time you had to speak to an operator to connect your call?
            Not saying it is a new problem PH, merely that as our technological growth accelerates, it becomes more prominent.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

But Pookey is my sockie

Comment

But Pookey is my sockie
                the human sockapede?
                sigpic

Comment

But Pookey is my sockie
                  That makes here my sockie
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Not saying it is a new problem PH, merely that as our technological growth accelerates, it becomes more prominent.
                    Should we destroy all the machines?

I have a robot to help me work.. You can't destroy him! I would pick him up and run away with him but he weighs 50 lbs..

Comment

Mine

*runs away with robot*

It can clean my bathroom. No human can do, so maybe a robot can.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

! But he only knows how to build!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Once at college, never again...

Yeah, I know, meeting the woman of my dreams is kinda hard that way but meh... I fail at the dating game.
                          I just don't participate. Can't fail that way!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Oh, there he goes again...
                          What saying that its wrong to lower standards to get in some where, just to 'enhance diversity'??

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          And what about Judges and courts handing out pissy sentences? Can we sack them all too?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ment?CMP=fb_us
                          I agree. THere are several, along with a # of DAs i would love to see fired.. Such as the piece of trash running the show in Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne. After rather than charging a Teen with assault with a deadly weapon (several counts), just 'released her to alternative restorative justice program. All imo cause she's black, and people got outraged that the cops actually TOOK her down, when trying to arrest her (even though she was resisting, kicking, spitting etc at them)..
                          Or Mr. Loebs and Chief Kingsbury who in Iowa, have released two youths (10 and 14) who are accused of raping a mentally disabled 5 yr old girl...

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Oh and even more stupid stuff here.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/texa...iting-rapture/

Now that's a whole lot of crazy.
                          That certainly is to me.. Especially when in other areas, they have taken Kids away for less.

You're saying black men aren't as capable as white men?
                          Do you remember iirc in 2014 (or was it 2013?) when a court in NY said it was NOT racism to give black candidates for the fire fighters test, Bonus points for their race/allow them to keep retaking the test, so more could 'qualify', for diversity reasons..

Sorry, but if you are having to give someone special treatment in that form just to get them to qualify, it sure sounds like they are not as capable..

Comment

I have a robot to help me work.. You can't destroy him! I would pick him up and run away with him but he weighs 50 lbs..
                            You seem to be labouring under the illusion that I think automation is a bad thing, I don't.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              You're missing the point. What I am talking about is the change in the nature of human input.

Developing new systems will always require high-level coding professionals - but very few of them. Inventors and genuinely revolutionary innovators have always been few and far between. The majority of software engineers today don't create new operating systems or graphical engines, they do minor tweaks, testing and maintenance. At best, they create interfaces, games, productivity tools and apps. That kind of work currently requires coding knowledge, but not for long. As programming tools develop further, it's becoming a less-skilled job based on drag-and-drop DIY software kits which are already on the market and soon they will be AI-assisted. And then AI-done, in a span of years, with human input limited to generally defining the end goal. That's going to gut coding as a mass profession and confine it to the 1% of true professionals and innovators. Teaching coding skills at school is like teaching physics - a basic level of understanding how it works is necessary, but very few will go on to specialize in it. Coding will soon- in a span of a couple of decades - refine itself into obsolescence as far as labor market is concerned, and anyone who is not top-tier 1% of the profession will need to learn something else to stay employed.

Fair enough, it increasingly lend itself to specialization, I just read too far into your post.

That depends, does your robot dream of electric sheep?
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                I just don't participate. Can't fail that way!!

What saying that its wrong to lower standards to get in some where, just to 'enhance diversity'??

I agree. THere are several, along with a # of DAs i would love to see fired.. Such as the piece of trash running the show in Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne. After rather than charging a Teen with assault with a deadly weapon (several counts), just 'released her to alternative restorative justice program. All imo cause she's black, and people got outraged that the cops actually TOOK her down, when trying to arrest her (even though she was resisting, kicking, spitting etc at them)..
                                Or Mr. Loebs and Chief Kingsbury who in Iowa, have released two youths (10 and 14) who are accused of raping a mentally disabled 5 yr old girl...

That certainly is to me.. Especially when in other areas, they have taken Kids away for less.

Do you remember iirc in 2014 (or was it 2013?) when a court in NY said it was NOT racism to give black candidates for the fire fighters test, Bonus points for their race/allow them to keep retaking the test, so more could 'qualify', for diversity reasons..

Sorry, but if you are having to give someone special treatment in that form just to get them to qualify, it sure sounds like they are not as capable..
                                re: bold

which is why I've always said that affirmative action is in and of itself a racist policy

Comment

Working...
                                X