This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Again I ask you, what is your proposed solution, and again, remember the goal is to protect society from its criminals, without breaking the bank.
    What's wrong with a civilized jail system?
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      The statement had nothing to do with actual repeat offenders. You said that a white person is magically less likely to commit a crime than a black person (what's the definitnion of racism again?). I said that even if that were to be true, and it's not, it shouldn't matter. The statistics involving the harsher sentences for black people vs white people also include and take into account repeat offenders. A white repeat offender is likely to get a lighter sentence.
      National incarceration rates by population. (US Census, 2010)
      source: http://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/rates.html
      This is just the per 100K figures, tables don't copy/paste well.

White 450 per 100,000
      Hispanic 831 per 100,000
      Black 2,306 per 100,000

I don't think there's much room for discussion there.

Comment

White 450 per 100,000
        Hispanic 831 per 100,000
        Black 2,306 per 100,000

There is so much room for discussion.

They're more likely to convict if the suspect is black? They give them longer sentences because of their race?

While the crime rate may be higher for non-white races, those same people also live in areas with substantially higher rates of poverty. It's no secret that poverty and crime go hand in hand (Really stop to think about that). So is there some argument that helping raise those people out of poverty, helping them into education rather than prison, could drastically cut the crime rate? (Really, think about it)

No three strikes, you're out. But education, help them make something of their lives, help them develop skills that could be useful to society. Or at the very least give them something to do with their time. Bored teenagers with no survival instinct are more likely to engage in dangerous or criminal activity. Not because they want to be career criminals or join your slave labour work force. But because they simply have nothing else to do. Since you see them as criminals anyway, and because they're too poor to get into education beyond high school, what do they really have to lose?

Comment

That's funny, 'cause I've yet to see the inside of a prison cell.
          hey that's funny cause I've yet to experience a theft, armed robbery, or terrorist attack!
          just goes to show that there are no criminals!
          Spoiler:
          yup same logic

So, what is the explanation?
          gulags & concentration camps had survivors - what is the explanation?

Maybe it's because I haven't tried to assault anyone, rob anyone, you know, that kind of thing.
          neither necessary nor sufficient

Comment

Again I ask you, what is your proposed solution, and again, remember the goal is to protect society from its criminals, without breaking the bank.
            a solution doesn't just consist in all the methods that must be implemented; it also consists in (in fact, begins with) all the methods that must be avoided

in other words you've already been provided with the (beginnings of) a solution - namely, not implementing your solution ^_^

Comment

That's funny, 'cause I've yet to see the inside of a prison cell. And I can assure you I am not a member of the upper classes.
              One of my neighbours once called the police because of young PH.. Several of my friends from school have been arrested and spent time in prison. Maybe our perspectives on this matter are a little different? I don't see the world as clearly divided into black and white as you seem to..

People from here (Hamenthotepia) are seen as worthless scum. It's a poor area, and the media likes to remind us of how we're seen. They even made a movie about it..
              Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 18 April 2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

White 450 per 100,000
                Hispanic 831 per 100,000
                Black 2,306 per 100,000

come on you took the trouble of crossing an entire ocean just to get those stats & then you complain? make up your mind comrade :/

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  One of my neighbours once called the police because of young PH.. Several of my friends from school have been arrested and spent time in prison. Maybe our perspectives on this matter are a little different? I don't see the world as clearly divided into black and white as you seem to..

People from here (Hamenthotepia) are seen as worthless scum. It's a poor area, and the media likes to remind us of how we're seen. They even made a movie about it..
                  Remember where Annoyed is from. It was a lot easier to make a living in the hippie days until he and his kind screwed everything up.

Now I have to go yell in traffic. Have you seen my bathrobe?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

The axe is wearing it

Back in those days my town had a thriving industry.. Which has since collapsed..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Remember where Annoyed is from. It was a lot easier to make a living in the hippie days until he and his kind screwed everything up.
                      There is an awful lot of truth in that.

Comment

That's because jelgate is truthful and honorable
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I should have expected that.

Comment

You should always expect the truth
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Na./ Let's kill them all before they become criminals.. That'll fix it
                              It is the end point of your position to kill them. Why spend the money to incarcerate recidivists when a bullet costs less than a dollar?
                              But when the initial discussion was about how 'blacks are under-represented in government', it is. Since when most speak about government they are on about those political spots.. NOT say working for the IRS etc.
                              I don't give a damn what the "initial discussion" was, I made it quite clear I was talking about government as a whole, and as a whole minorities are under represented in the workforce. You can go on about voted positions all you want, but they are not "traditional jobs", they are -elected- positions and if the majority (not the one doing a single interview) vote them in, then that is the will of the people. They are in no way comparable situations G man!

From my memory of the news paper articles about 14 months for the SS disability, and just under a year for the old dude getting his dead wife's checks... So maybe 2-3 months difference, but close enough to be equal.
                              Ok, move on to previous history, and legal statutes for the specific kinds of fraud charged, because not all crimes, especially white collar type crimes are charged equally, there are always circumstances which can add, or deduct from a judges decision.

It SHOULD be.. Assault of a cop gets X period. Assault of a woman gets Y..
                              Ok, so we can get rid of judges, because they are not needed, Juries are not required, and nor are lawyers. We make the police force the entire arbitration/justice system of our society.
                              Awesome.............
                              How do you think they are NOT rebuilding the trap, when they have pushed all sorts of laws into place that we didn't have before??
                              Like what?
                              Based on their comedy routines, it DOES seem both of them feel that way, not just 'for a show'..
                              I have seen comedy routines performed by Chris Rock where he calls out members of his own "race" for their behaviour as well, and he refers to them in that "special way" that only black comedians "get away with".
                              The role of the satirist is to hold a mirror up to society and show it what it either does not see, or does not want to see.
                              And what pray tell is your solution. Sing kumbya, around a camp fire and listen to them whine about how their childhood was so bad???
                              See, I know you are quoting FH here, but it does make my first point so damn well I thought I would leave it in.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I don't know if it's possible to predict seizures -- or when they are most likely to occur but there is medication to control them.

Oil made out of weed's also very effective to keep seizures under control.

I've been meaning to respond to this ..

I thought an epileptic seizure is an overload of electrical signals in the brain where lots and lots of neurons all fire at once..

Surely there's a way to predict that electrical surge and arrest it before a seizure can happen. I'm pretty sure there are some experimental treatments using electrodes to stimulate the brain in such people.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X