This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    A washington post article doesn't shed much more light on the details of the confrontation, but it does clarify Florida law on the matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-be-charged/

Good, common sense law, if you ask me. Police can't be everywhere, and a good, healthy fear of getting killed might put a damper on burglaries and home invasions.
    The problem is chasing the person. At that point things get murky. But if death penalty for jaywalking is your thing, there's nothing wrong here. To be honest...at some point even Machiavelli himself would draw a line.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Doesn't seem to have any more clarification on whether he was out then she went after him or if she 'confronted him' while he was trying to get out the window..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Doesn't seem to have any more clarification on whether he was out then she went after him or if she 'confronted him' while he was trying to get out the window..
        Not really, but I thought some other sources might be of interest to people.
        It does suggest she went though the house looking for something and then did something about it though.
        Either way, it does not really matter now does it. The Death penalty is acceptable for petty crime.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Not really, but I thought some other sources might be of interest to people.
          It does suggest she went though the house looking for something and then did something about it though.
          Either way, it does not really matter now does it. The Death penalty is acceptable for petty crime.
          Sorry, no sympathy for criminals here. If someone breaks into a home, they deserve whatever the homeowner can do to them.

Comment

This is a good idea... I hope it becomes really popular.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/18...ports-bra.html

It’s a bra that comes with a life-saving boost.

A year ago, mother-of-two Jennifer Cutrona was off running on her favorite trail near her home in Texas – earbuds in and her mind focused on an upcoming marathon – when a man suddenly leapt out from the woods and tried to grab her.

“I got away from the guy, but was extremely upset at how oblivious I had been to this possibility,” Cutrona told FoxNews.com. “I did not want to listen to anyone who would try to scare me from being free to run my favorite spots.”

"I was not trying to come up with something that would kill. Just something that would give me a few seconds to get away.”

- Jennifer Cutrona

The incident inspired Cutrona to think about the need for women to be fully prepared, even when dressed down for a run. Soon after, “Booby Trap Bras” was born – a line of sports bras made with self-defense in mind.
            But I have to wonder how long it would be before someone tries to claim that it gives the potential victim an unfair advantage, or sues someone who injures an attacker by defending themselves.

Comment

Booby trap bra's.... sounds like something from a film like Mr. Gadget. *snort*

It were far better if the ladies didn't need a booby trap bra in the first place.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                But I have to wonder how long it would be before someone tries to claim that it gives the potential victim an unfair advantage, or sues someone who injures an attacker by defending themselves.
                or before the SS stop her for a pat down search then shoot her because obstruction or "self defence" when they see the mini knives. and of course there's no use suing that sort of attacker
                (don't forget where you live hehe...)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Booby trap bra's.... sounds like something from a film like Mr. Gadget. *snort*

It were far better if the ladies didn't need a booby trap bra in the first place.
                  Isn't that like saying, it would be nice if crime didn't exist?
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Isn't that like saying, it would be nice if crime didn't exist?
                    That could possibly be seen as asking too much at once...

Comment

That was my point.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder how long it'll be before a user is killed by inadvertantly stabbing themselves in the heart by falling over when running?

Comment

Oops...

Would that classify as a wardrobe malfunction?

Comment

ie. what the feminists do all the time -_-

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              ie. what the feminists do all the time -_-
                              Not wanting to be harassed?

Comment

Not wanting to be harassed?
                                considering how the feminist definition of "harass" seems to change faster than a dictionary page can be turned...yup

Comment

Working...
                                X