Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in the next installment of "WTF over"..

Saw this posted over on military times, reposted from the Onion.. And when searching for it, i found another linked story.

BERKELEY, CA—Citing a refusal to impose limiting social constructs on their offspring, parents Lucas Cady and Kat Loesel reported Monday they will not tell their 4-year-old, Quynn, whether the child is biologically male or female. "Who are Kat and I to say what sexual organs our kid possesses?" asked Loesel, who has dressed Quynn in dull gray smocks since birth and only allows the child to play with toy figures that have been neutered of any conventionally feminine or masculine characteristics. "We think it's important our child's frequent questions about girls and boys go unanswered so that Quynn can discover its true sex for itself." The couple also said that parents should be supportive of children who decide they do not have human genitalia at all.
    http://www.theonion.com/article/prog...-its-sex-18395

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170824245.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      What do you think of free mental heathcare for at risk people?
      What do you think of paying for it out of your pocket?

Dunno if you're aware or not, but working stiffs like myself have very limited health coverage when it comes to mental illness issues through my health insurance, which is pretty good. Don't know why, maybe the effectiveness of the treatment is doubtful, or maybe it's just a known money pit, but private insurance doesn't offer much coverage in that area. Personally, I doubt there even is effective treatment for many mental illness issues. Biggest benefit I see is that a whole bunch of head shrinks make very good livings off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Because being gay isn't a choice. While being a criminal is.
        because the sod who lost his job & has to steal bread to survive, chose to be in that situation?
        Spoiler:
        also, since you're into genetics

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...riminal-brains
        http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...l-1572714.html

(just the first 2 results of google search)

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          And in the next installment of "WTF over"..

Saw this posted over on military times, reposted from the Onion.. And when searching for it, i found another linked story.

http://www.theonion.com/article/prog...-its-sex-18395

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170824245.html
          The kids at school will tell him/her
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
            The kids at school will tell him/her
            it

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              because the sod who lost his job & has to steal bread to survive, chose to be in that situation?
              He lost his job but he clearly chose to steal the bread. He made the choice to steal the bread.

My turn to play devil's advocate, I guess.

BRAIN SCANS are way cooler but genetics are cool too.

I kinda like this one better -- The Neuroscientist Who Discovered He Was a Psychopath

"While studying brain scans to search for patterns that correlated with psychopathic behavior, James Fallon found that his own brain fit the profile"

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              You do realize The Onion is a satirical newspaper, right?

Storm's parents rock!
              And keeping the Storm's gender under wraps, that's just awesome. So, instead of buying pink for a girl or blue for a boy they are forced to buy something for a new human. Same with toys.

Bit of an alternative lifestyle but OMGoddess, they rock!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                He lost his job but he clearly chose to steal the bread. He made the choice to steal the bread.

My turn to play devil's advocate, I guess.
                exactly he chose to survive, survival is the most basic instinct
                likewise gay people clearly choose to obey their genetically programmed penchants (instead of ignoring it just like James Fallon chose to ignore his psychopathic tendencies) so there!

You do realize The Onion is a satirical newspaper, right?
                I believe he's fully aware of that & was trying to make a point, namely that truth can be as strange as fiction (hence why he posted the fake news first & the real news next)

that said, the vast majority of americans are probably unaware of this & take Onion articles seriously - they are americans after all :|

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  What do you think of paying for it out of your pocket?
                  If it stops someone shooting up a school, or a workplace, or a church, or a mosque, not too bad actually.
                  Dunno if you're aware or not, but working stiffs like myself have very limited health coverage when it comes to mental illness issues through my health insurance, which is pretty good.
                  Before I was a purely stay at home dad, I was taking care of the kids during the day, and working a full 40 hour week at night and on weekends, so yeah, I am aware that working stiffs cop it rough.
                  Don't know why, maybe the effectiveness of the treatment is doubtful, or maybe it's just a known money pit, but private insurance doesn't offer much coverage in that area. Personally, I doubt there even is effective treatment for many mental illness issues. Biggest benefit I see is that a whole bunch of head shrinks make very good livings off of it.
                  Is the cost of ignoring it higher than the cost of dealing with it? If the only consideration is to be the financial burden it places on the taxpayer, should you not look at that cost in comparison as well?
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    Before I was a purely stay at home dad, I was taking care of the kids during the day, and working a full 40 hour week at night and on weekends, so yeah, I am aware that working stiffs cop it rough.
                    And yet you want to add the costs of more generous programs to the burden that working stiff is already carrying? The lower & middle classes always end up paying for this stuff regardless of whom they intend to tax.
                    They want to tax the oil companies, but all they do is raise the price of gasoline to pay the tax. And guess who that hurts more? The little guy or the rich guy?

Comment

And speaking of raising taxes..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...transport.html

President Obama will propose a $10 fee for every barrel of oil to be paid by oil companies in order to fund clean energy transport system, the White House announced Thursday -- although Republicans were quick to declare the plan "dead on arrival" in Congress.
                      See how this administration's mind works? For the first time in decades, there has been a significant drop in the price of oil, allowing consumers to save a little money.

In his mind, the government is entitled to that money.

Comment

Why not comment on the rest, you know, the answer to your question?

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        And yet you want to add the costs of more generous programs to the burden that working stiff is already carrying? The lower & middle classes always end up paying for this stuff regardless of whom they intend to tax.
                        They want to tax the oil companies, but all they do is raise the price of gasoline to pay the tax. And guess who that hurts more? The little guy or the rich guy?
                        I am not saying, nor have I ever said the tax system, both there and here are not flawed. The whole tax code needs a rewrite.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

exactly he chose to survive, survival is the most basic instinct
                          He still chose stealing over other legit options.

likewise gay people clearly choose to obey their genetically programmed penchants (instead of ignoring it just like James Fallon chose to ignore his psychopathic tendencies) so there!
                          James Fallon found he had the markers to be a psychopath, but before he made the comparison he didn't even know he had the genetic make-up.

Homosexuality may be caused by chemical modifications to DNA
                          The operative words are may be, no conclusive proof yet.

Let's go deeper in psychological depths of this fun dialogue: is it a subconscious choice as opposed to a conscious choice like doing crime?

I believe he's fully aware of that & was trying to make a point, namely that truth can be as strange as fiction (hence why he posted the fake news first & the real news next)
                          There's nothing strange about keeping people in the dark about the gender of your kid.

that said, the vast majority of americans are probably unaware of this & take Onion articles seriously - they are americans after all :|

Well, it has been recorded that The Onion has been right on at least one occasion.

Comment

This is how you stop idiots from shooting up schools.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/05...-be-armed.html

Comment

So, shooting at "our students" will also be okay - any force... Good thinking.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that the school officials won't be shooting at their students, much as they might want to.

Comment

Working...
                                X