X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    The individuals?
    Perhaps not.
    The conditions that allowed for such blatant money chasing certainly are however. De-regulation, removing governmental oversight, continuing to allow loopholes (sorry, Offsets) for corporate taxes are very much right wing small government ideals.
    The bankers themselves may not have been right wing, but they certainly abused the law that the right wing created and defended.

Really?
    I thought you were on about bias in the ebil libuuural media.
    Which seem to be a lot more prevalent in the media in relation to politicians..

Now onto 2 newer subjects.
    Connecticut finds the death penalty immoral and unconstitutional..
    What i'd like to know is why its "wrong and cruel/unusual' to put a criminal to death, charge a killer of a Pregnant woman with 2 counts of murder, but its OK for a woman to kill her own baby>?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/ny...ules.html?_r=0

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/13...state-says-it/

And in the 2nd. Now that Gay marriage is legal (according to the Scotus), the LGBT lobby is now going after states that 'prohibit' same sex couples adopting kids..
    What i would like to know THERE, is how they feel gay marriage being legal, should have ANY impact on whether a gay (or lesbian) couple should be allowed to adopt?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-ban/31709963/

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/08/kap...ippi-adoption/

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Well, the government wouldn't have to look far to find the guilty parties. To some degree, the actions of the government caused the bank failures. In decades prior to the financial collapse, the government began forcing banks to make home loans to low income people who would not have otherwise qualified for the loans.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/07/18/fan...0718brook.html

So there is a legitimate argument that since the government caused the banking crisis, it should fix it.

But that doesn't excuse Chrysler being bailed out twice, or GM being bailed out.
      Sorry dude, dealing with sick family members.
      The statutes that the forbes article are dealing with came into effect in 1977, and they were designed to stop "red lining" certain suburbs based on their racial demographic as much as their ability to pay back the loans. These rules have over the course of the 40 -years- been eroded because of what?
      The government likes to give out free money in bonuses to private corporations?
      No..............
      Banking lobbyists seeing an opportunity to make money from both ends?
      YES.
      I agree with you that the poli's who endorsed this crap are just as guilty as the banks, but don't conflate a bought off politician to just who was asking for the relaxing of measures to stop in the first place. Both are equally as guilty in my eyes, the poli for being corrupt, and the bank buying there way into what they want to maximise their profits.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Please, do some research and get back to me on that one.

What i'd like to know is why its "wrong and cruel/unusual' to put a criminal to death, charge a killer of a Pregnant woman with 2 counts of murder, but its OK for a woman to kill her own baby>?
        First reaction is it is double standards, and you are right, it is unfair.
        My second question would be, how far along was she?
        (I see neither article deals with that issue, nor even mentions she is pregnant)
        Ummm
        What in the nine blazes of hell are you talking about?
        The articles deal with a lawyer citing changes to an existing law making previous decisions now cruel and unusual punishment. If you want a similar situation, look to mandatory sentencing laws on drug offenders. Even the people forced to enforce those laws think they were crap, and some of the people who crafted them now feel they are crap.
        If you need to satiate your bloodlust, play Halo FFS.
        And in the 2nd. Now that Gay marriage is legal (according to the Scotus), the LGBT lobby is now going after states that 'prohibit' same sex couples adopting kids..
        What i would like to know THERE, is how they feel gay marriage being legal, should have ANY impact on whether a gay (or lesbian) couple should be allowed to adopt?
        The reason they were denied adoption was because they were deemed not to be "stable couples". as LGBT marriage is now afforded the same legal rights as other forms of marriage, that argument no longer applies in those states.
        Make sense?
        Awww, they don't like treating people equally.
        At least they are true to form.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
          I hear you. I just believe that you shouldn't be forced to do something you don't want to do. That's all.
          Like what?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/ny...ules.html?_r=0

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/13...state-says-it/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-ban/31709963/

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/08/kap...ippi-adoption/
            This isn't going to end well.. Do you like fighting or something? *passes out tinfoil hats to everyone*

Like what?
            Paperwork, clearly she hates dealing with forms.. And that rubber stamp they have to use? Really strains the wrist after a while..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              This isn't going to end well.. Do you like fighting or something? *passes out tinfoil hats to everyone*

Paperwork, clearly she hates dealing with forms.. And that rubber stamp they have to use? Really strains the wrist after a while..
              I am -trying- to be reasonable here PH.
              Someone -may- have a fair argument against same sex marriage I have not considered. I very much doubt it, but I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt.
              If the argument plays alongside what you are inferring however...............
              sigpic

Comment

Someone -may- have a fair argument against same sex marriage I have not considered. I very much doubt it, but I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt.
                Whah!! Whah!! Some people are living their lives differently to how I live mine! I don't like it! Everyone must be like me!

Most arguments are based around "gay sex is icky" and "god says it's wrong". So.. if you don't like gay sex, don't do it. And not everyone follows a religion, so what your god says on the subject really only matters to you..

She doesn't agree with gay marriage, then fine That's up to her. But if her job is to deal with the paper work that goes along with it then she can either do it or quit. It's not up to her to pass judgement on other people's lives. The judgement on whether gay marriage should be legal or not has already been passed. It was decided to be legal.

She's there to do a job. If there is some part of the job that she is unwilling to do then she's clearly in the wrong line of work.

Comment

She doesn't agree with gay marriage, then fine That's up to her. But if her job is to deal with the paper work that goes along with it then she can either do it or quit. It's not up to her to pass judgement on other people's lives. The judgement on whether gay marriage should be legal or not has already been passed. It was decided to be legal.

She's there to do a job. If there is some part of the job that she is unwilling to do then she's clearly in the wrong line of work.
                  Are you talking about Imzadi here, or the clerk?
                  (needs clarification)
                  sigpic

Comment

Are you talking about Imzadi here, or the clerk?
                    (needs clarification)
                    The clerk.

I don't know Imzadi

The clerk is in the wrong.

Comment

The clerk.

I don't know Imzadi

The clerk is in the wrong.
                      The clerk will get filtered by Gateworld
                      Umm, Buy a vowel?
                      sigpic

Comment

Whah!! Whah!! Some people are living their lives differently to how I live mine! I don't like it! Everyone must be like me!

Most arguments are based around "gay sex is icky" and "god says it's wrong". So.. if you don't like gay sex, don't do it. And not everyone follows a religion, so what your god says on the subject really only matters to you..

Well, that is different to what I responded to!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, that is different to what I responded to!!
                          I added a bit

So reasonable arguments against gay marriage?

I bet it's something to do with all those Christians who have been forced to fight to the death in the Colosseum since gay marriage became legal..

Maybe all the earthquakes/storms/other natural disasters the gay folk cause by existing in the world? People have been warning us about this for years so.. We must be experiencing some of the worst weather ever recorded now, right?

It's been proven that all LGBT folk have some weather controlling abilities, and when they get together in large groups, like at a wedding for example, that ability is amplified.. so instead of one person causing a light breeze.. They suddenly find themselves controlling a hurricane.

So I think the main issue here is teaching LGBT folks to control their powers...

Comment

In fairness it is a pretty fabulous hurricane.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                              In fairness it is a pretty fabulous hurricane.
                              I'm trying to develop my earthquake-causing powers

Comment

I added a bit
                                Indeed!
                                So reasonable arguments against gay marriage?
                                I can't think of any, but like I said, I am trying to give benefit of the doubt here
                                I bet it's something to do with all those Christians who have been forced to fight to the death in the Colosseum since gay marriage became legal..
                                Or bake a cake........
                                Or sell wool and knitting needles (who knows what they are making!!)

Maybe all the earthquakes/storms/other natural disasters the gay folk cause by existing in the world? People have been warning us about this for years so.. We must be experiencing some of the worst weather ever recorded now, right?
                                Don't be stupid PH.
                                OF COURSE it is the gays, climate change is -natural-.
                                Geez, what do you read??

It's been proven that all LGBT folk have some weather controlling abilities, and when they get together in large groups, like at a wedding for example, that ability is amplified.. so instead of one person causing a light breeze.. They suddenly find themselves controlling a hurricane.
                                Oh come on, don't be stupid.
                                That's the witches....................
                                So I think the main issue here is teaching LGBT folks to control their powers...
                                With great power...............

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X