X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jel was the pilot?
    sigpic

Comment

He would have never survived what passes for Bacon in airliner food service.

Comment

If I was the pilot I would have pushed the flight attendants out the door with one parachute.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

More lip service to a serious problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/02/he...anization.html

Funny, I have yet to see any steps taken that can actually halt the spread of the disease until (if?) medical science gets a handle on it such as travel bans for people coming out of Brazil, or where ever else this thing has taken root. Haven't seen mention of enforced quarantine of those who have tested positive for it yet, either.

The World Health Organization declared the Zika virus and its suspected link to birth defects an international public health emergency on Monday, a rare move that signals the seriousness of the outbreak and gives countries powerful new tools to fight it.
          The official “emergency” designation can trigger action and funding from governments and non-profits around the world. It elevates the W.H.O. to the position of global coordinator, and gives its decisions the force of international law. The agency is trying to cast itself as a global leader to revive its reputation after a faltering response during the Ebola epidemic in West Africa.
          I do see alot of talking heads dizzy with the inflation of their own self importance and drooling over increased budgets to do nothing of any value with.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            More lip service to a serious problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/02/he...anization.html

Funny, I have yet to see any steps taken that can actually halt the spread of the disease until (if?) medical science gets a handle on it such as travel bans for people coming out of Brazil, or where ever else this thing has taken root. Haven't seen mention of enforced quarantine of those who have tested positive for it yet, either.

I do see alot of talking heads dizzy with the inflation of their own self importance and drooling over increased budgets to do nothing of any value with.
            Sounds like more of the 'do nothing but say lots of things' like with the Ebola and Sars issues we had over the past decade..

Comment

The WHO has finally kicked their butts in gear - a little late but it's in gear at the moment.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Holy spitballs batman. How insane is this??
                A school Requiring students profess the 5 pillars of islam, while telling them "here is one text book for this class you must use and can't take home, and here is a 2nd that you can take home, with all of that stuff removed from.
                How the frak is that right/legal??

http://www.whdh.com/story/26836053/s...-in-curriculum

http://www.educationviews.org/school...fessing-islam/

http://www.onenewsnow.com/legal-cour...ofessing-islam

Comment

Oh my goddess, this had me in stitches:

"No religion should be taught at school. In their paper it says Allah is their only God. That's insulting to me as a Christian who believes in just Jesus only," said Anthony Giannino.
                  But he is teaching his son that there's only one God... *snort*

Tolerance at its best.

We learned about Islam in school, during Catholic studies. What's so freakin' wrong with that? How else are you going to understand it's the frakkin' same thing... Moron.

Oh my goddess, these continue to be hilarious... I have to admit I have no idea what the 5 pillars of Islam are. Then again, I don't know the 10 commandments either.

And of course, there's a difference between Sunni and Shia - cause keeping it simple is not something religions do well:

5 Pillars of Sunni Islam
                  * Shahada: Faith
                  * Salat: Prayer
                  * Zak?t: Charity
                  * Sawm: Fasting
                  * Hajj: Pilgrimage to Mecca

And how are these different from Christian pillars? They aren't, except for the last one. Christians don't go to Mecca but Rome (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

We learned about Islam in school, during Catholic studies
                    I wonder how often the reverse scenario plays out

Comment

Then what keeps the bully / thief / criminal in check? How does the person with a slight build stop the overgrown bully? Assume there is no police immediately available?
                      Sometimes, you can't.
                      You are always the one saying life isn't fair.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Oh my goddess, this had me in stitches:

But he is teaching his son that there's only one God... *snort*

Tolerance at its best.

We learned about Islam in school, during Catholic studies. What's so freakin' wrong with that? How else are you going to understand it's the frakkin' same thing... Moron.

Oh my goddess, these continue to be hilarious... I have to admit I have no idea what the 5 pillars of Islam are. Then again, I don't know the 10 commandments either.

And of course, there's a difference between Sunni and Shia - cause keeping it simple is not something religions do well:

5 Pillars of Sunni Islam
                        * Shahada: Faith
                        * Salat: Prayer
                        * Zak?t: Charity
                        * Sawm: Fasting
                        * Hajj: Pilgrimage to Mecca

And how are these different from Christian pillars? They aren't, except for the last one. Christians don't go to Mecca but Rome (I think).
                        You want being in stitches, check this out:
                        http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/25/po...ists-indicted/

A Republican Governor, with a Republican L-G, get a Republican Prosecutor, in a Rebublican state convene a grand jury to investigate planned parenthood, and the G.J. indict the two people who tried to "bust" P.P.

Oh, and the response from "fair and balanced" Faux News?
                        Call the Jury, (you know, the check and balance of government power) a "rogue jury" for doing the job it is designed to do.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          I wonder how often the reverse scenario plays out
                          As far as I know in Belgium and know what was thought in Islam studies -- in my school there was one Muslim student and she was thought about other relgions too. However, in the Catholic school, every student, no matter their denomination or atheism had to sit through Catholic studies and it was a serious course too (unlike ours which was more like a fun class than anything else).

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          You want being in stitches, check this out:
                          http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/25/po...ists-indicted/

Comment

As far as I know in Belgium and know what was thought in Islam studies -- in my school
                            I said the reverse scenario - as in the complete reverse, all parameters
                            in other words a muslim school in a muslim country

So, those who have been granted slight builds and poor physical strength are to be at the mercy of those who have been granted large frames and strong builds?
                            evolution - c'est la vie

to even the playing field why not start at the beginning?
                            a good blade's a good start

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              I said the reverse scenario - as in the complete reverse, all parameters
                              in other words a muslim school in a muslim country
                              But America isn't a Catholic country.

Comment

But America isn't a Catholic country.
                                lol
                                if there's gonna be nitpicking then there's gonna be troping

safe to say US's main christian branch (w/e it is) is infinitely closer to catholicism than to islam

Comment

Working...
                                X