This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    so of all the south-american immigrants how many % are mexican?

there's gotta be some simple stats to settle this right?
    None of the South American immigrants are Mexican. Mexico is in North America.

But aside from geography class, at this point in time, our southern border is being overrun from the south. Don't take my word for it, go sit on a google machine.

The lion's share of those people are not native to Mexico. They come from nations south of Mexico's southern border.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I thought all Canadians were Mounties
      nonsense

they're mooses

Comment

Mounties and moose are westerners, it's poutine in the east you uncultured swines.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Granted, it's not perfect, and Mexico may not do what they say they're gonna do, but it's more than anyone else has done or even tried to stop the flood at the southern border.
          You missed the point...Mexico was already upping its deportation and interdiction operations. Most if not all of what Mexico agreed to do it was most likely planing on doing anyway. In fact much of the current deal was already made before Trump's tariff threat. For example, Mexico was already preparing to deploy a few thousand national guard troops to its southern border...

Simple. Mexico is being overrun by invaders from its own southern border, many making refugee status claims under the incorrect assertion a tanked economy at home qualifies for refugee status. It doesn't.

Until now, Mexico has been letting the caravans and such proceed north through Mexico to our southern border, where they become a problem for the US. Since Mexico is saying they're gonna use their own resources to control their own border and people passing through, hopefully fewer will make it to our border. And they've also agreed to having asylum seekers wait in Mexico, rather than passing them through so they overwhelm our input capacity and have to be released; "Catch & Release", and in many cases they just vanish into the US.

Since Mexico will now have to house, feed & clothe these people on their dime, they will have an incentive to keep the flow northward to a minimum.

There is one major flaw in this deal, aside from the fact that I don't think Mexico will keep their word. But let's see how this works before I start nitpicking.
          Which is what has been happening irregardless to Trump. Mexico hasn't so much been allowing the caravans to pass, more like Mexico has been overwhelmed and wholly unprepared to deal with them. Don't talk about things you know nothing of, you tend to do that when it comes to other countries. Patience for the Caravans in Mexico began dwindling long ago and it had nothing to do with Trump. The Mexican president just likes to humor Trump, and so far it looks like he is actually handling Trump.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          If Mexico had resources to begin with most of the population wouldn't be living in dumps.
          Most of the population doesn't live in dumps.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

None of the South American immigrants are Mexican. Mexico is in North America.

But aside from geography class, at this point in time, our southern border is being overrun from the south. Don't take my word for it, go sit on a google machine.

The lion's share of those people are not native to Mexico. They come from nations south of Mexico's southern border.
            Already been disproven. But go ahead of your uninformed rant. I find willful ignorance hilarious
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Mounties and moose are westerners, it's poutine in the east you uncultured swines.
              Does that mean you brought poutine to share?
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Do you share your underwears? No.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  You missed the point...Mexico was already upping its deportation and interdiction operations. Most if not all of what Mexico agreed to do it was most likely planing on doing anyway. In fact much of the current deal was already made before Trump's tariff threat. For example, Mexico was already preparing to deploy a few thousand national guard troops to its southern border...

Which is what has been happening irregardless to Trump. Mexico hasn't so much been allowing the caravans to pass, more like Mexico has been overwhelmed and wholly unprepared to deal with them. Don't talk about things you know nothing of, you tend to do that when it comes to other countries. Patience for the Caravans in Mexico began dwindling long ago and it had nothing to do with Trump. The Mexican president just likes to humor Trump, and so far it looks like he is actually handling Trump.

Most of the population doesn't live in dumps.
                  "don't talk about countries you know nothing of"...sounds like good advice...one that perhaps you should be telling to all the bleedin' hearts in Europe, the UK, Canada, Australia, etc. that seem to like to try to tell US how to run OUR country

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    "don't talk about countries you know nothing of"...sounds like good advice...one that perhaps you should be telling to all the bleedin' hearts in Europe, the UK, Canada, Australia, etc. that seem to like to try to tell US how to run OUR country
                    I've made that suggestion a few times.. If anyone thinks the US should have open borders and accept all comers, why don't you invite them to your country instead; put 'em on your welfare rolls. Send Steamships or whatever to pick them up.

Not surprisingly, all I ever get is Hmm, well, er.... and a whole bunch of other noises why that's not a good idea.

Comment

You guys are stuck in a time loop.

Favorable immigration policies is not open borders. Gun control is not gun ban. Environment policies isn't getting rid of all fossil fuels instantly.

Not once did anyone here suggest that nor the Dems so get that registered in your kool aid filled brains.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

You guys are stuck in a time loop.

Favorable immigration policies is not open borders. Gun control is not gun ban. Environment policies isn't getting rid of all fossil fuels instantly.

Not once did anyone here suggest that nor the Dems so get that registered in your kool aid filled brains.
                        Oh, really.
                        Remember a few years ago, when it seemed that Trump would get his wall, and many Democrats & some folks here opposed it, saying it's too expensive, and not needed, the border can be locked down with other tools?

Since then, no matter what non-wall plan Trump has proposed to stop the flow of illegals coming from the south, he has been opposed at every turn by Democrats and people on this board.

Never mind what their lips are saying, look at their actions. The Democrats & left don't want any restrictions on illegal immigration. They clearly want open borders at the expense of U.S. citizens and taxpayers.

If you think those taxpayers are gonna forget this in 2020, think again.

Comment

I call BS. I will continue to call BS as long as you make these factless accusations.

I wonder if GF will give me bacon for calling out Annoyed's BS
                          Last edited by jelgate; 09 June 2019, 05:01 PM.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh, really.
                            Remember a few years ago, when it seemed that Trump would get his wall, and many Democrats & some folks here opposed it, saying it's too expensive, and not needed, the border can be locked down with other tools?

Since then, no matter what non-wall plan Trump has proposed to stop the flow of illegals coming from the south, he has been opposed at every turn by Democrats and people on this board.
                            It's the only plan he has ever suggested that could almost remotely called legal.
                            Never mind what their lips are saying, look at their actions. The Democrats & left don't want any restrictions on illegal immigration. They clearly want open borders at the expense of U.S. citizens and taxpayers.
                            You are clearly ranting again.
                            See what the people in the beltway and the southern states think of trumps tax plan these days.
                            You know, the red ones.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              Most posting here now a lot about the US though. Can't say the same in the reverse, sadly.

Oh, really.
                              No, I actually don't remember.

Trump never offered a non-wall plan.

You're making things up again.

Sure, the conspiracy theory ones, I guess. Did you check the bushes for George Soros? You should...if you're not careful he might take your guns while you're not looking.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

https://news.yahoo.com/china-stays-s...085526380.html

I think it's kind of funny but for once I'm happy to see ChinaRussia's pawn get a spanking.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X