Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already asked the crowd. 99% said it was to protect Trump's child mentality. Annoyed was the outlier
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      We deny youngsters many rights. The right to vote, the right to drink, the right to drive, and in many cases they are not held legally responsible for their actions.

We do this because their immature brains are not yet capable of handling these activities. The same applies to social media.
      [EDIT]
      Doesn't all the whining about bullying via social media pretty much indicate they aren't ready to handle it yet?
      In reality, bullying requires physical contact or perhaps plausible threat of physical harm in the future. An adult just ignores such things, he/she considers the source and ignores the person hurling insults / names. You're gonna run into such people throughout your life, a mature person knows how to handle it.

Children do not. They are still developing their self-esteem (or whatever psychological term you want to call it).
      Look up the legal difference between "assault" and "battery"
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I already asked the crowd. 99% said it was to protect Trump's child mentality. Annoyed was the outlier
        kids stick togeather.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Look up the legal difference between "assault" and "battery"
          Look up the ORIGINAL definition of bullying. It required physical contact, or credible threat of physical contact. In other words, physical harm to the target. Of course, this was before it became common to redefine words to include things they didn't originally mean.

Ever hear of the phrase "Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me"? Seems they've forgotten to teach that as of late.

Comment

Ok, what sort of idiot is responsible for this?

https://www.fireeye.com/

She's gonna speak about what NOT to do?

Cyber Defense Summit
            KEYNOTE SPEAKER
            Hillary Rodham Clinton
            Former U.S. Secretary of State

October 7-10, Washington, D.C.

Comment

Ok, what sort of idiot is responsible for this?

https://www.fireeye.com/

She's gonna speak about what NOT to do?

Cyber Defense Summit
              KEYNOTE SPEAKER
              Hillary Rodham Clinton
              Former U.S. Secretary of State

October 7-10, Washington, D.C.
              Well technically nobody had access to her emails so I think she qualifies as a cyber defense expert
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                Dude we're not talking about bullying, we're talking about conversion, mind control or programming if you prefer. Teenagers are in a stage of their lives that their brains are developing and easily malleable to outside influence. I still remember the first time I heard Slipknot, I fell in love with the metal genre right there and now. Then I let my hair grow down to my waist and wore a bunch of gory t-shirts of different metal bands because this is what I identified to, that's a group I wanted to belong to. I've been to hundreds if not thousands of local shows, met a lot of great people and friends, had my own band, it was my ''clan''.

What if instead of metal it was some extremist religious group such as Daesh or a skinhead group that I've stumbled on first? What if a depressive teen found an escape to his torments when some guy on FB told him Allah would welcome him with open arms and provide long-sought redemption and a purpose to live? Teens look for a purpose, and recruiters know that very well.

If we have the power to exterminate the vermin from the social media sphere we should use it fully, right now, to prevent any innocent kids being caught in some sects.
                one of my fellow students at the massage school joked that she was gonna play slipknot during her treatments..I was like "yeah you'd probably have to peel your patients off the ceiling"

Comment

Well technically nobody had access to her emails so I think she qualifies as a cyber defense expert
                  I hardly think so. Security involves prevention of data loss by any means, not just intrusion into the network.

How many emails of hers have magically "disappeared" ?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    one of my fellow students at the massage school joked that she was gonna play slipknot during her treatments..I was like "yeah you'd probably have to peel your patients off the ceiling"
                    I put my fingers into myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy eyes!
                    It's the only thing, that slowly stops the ache
                    Slipknot - Duality

(relevant song don't you think?)

Spoiler:
                    IF your student is talking about modern Slipknot then you can tell her garbage music isn't allowed, the only good Slipknot is the old Slipknot before they became commercial leeches

I hardly think so. Security involves prevention of data loss by any means, not just intrusion into the network.

How many emails of hers have magically "disappeared" ?
                    Dude I'm not even going to respond to that given your King' sins, as he said yesterday before he retracted, Putin did give him a hand didn't he?
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Look up the ORIGINAL definition of bullying. It required physical contact, or credible threat of physical contact. In other words, physical harm to the target. Of course, this was before it became common to redefine words to include things they didn't originally mean.

Ever hear of the phrase "Sticks and stones can break my bones bu hit names will never hurt me"? Seems they've forgotten to teach that as of late.
                      That is because science had shown that saying to be inaccurate
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        That is because science had shown that saying to be inaccurate
                        BS. Someone wanted to expand the definition to include namecalling. Sorry, I fell off the truck, but not last night. I'm not dumb enough to buy into such crap.

Comment

Careful Jel, using big adult words (science)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Well, lets see if this changes Mexico's mind about sending their problems to our doorstep.

Trump announces escalating tariffs against Mexico, starting at 5 percent, until illegal immigrants 'STOP'

Comment

Careful Jel, using big adult words (science)
                              While making that post, I was well aware he would deny it. Its what he does with information that contradicts his POV
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

And on this one, Trump is out of line.

Trump administration to ask most US visa applicants for social media information

The Trump administration will implement a new policy Friday asking most applicants for U.S. visas to provide information on their use of social media, a U.S. Department of State official tells Hill.TV

Most visa applicants, including temporary visitors, will be required to list their social media identifiers in a drop down menu along with other personal information.

Applicants will have the option to say that they do not use social media if that is the case. The official noted that if a visa applicant lies about social media use that they could face "serious immigration consequences" as a result.
                                Sorry, Donald. But but what people post on Facebook is none of the government's business unless it contains direct threats of terrorism/etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X