This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Ok, there is an opioid addiction "crisis" in the media these days..

And yes, there are a ton of narcotics coming in through illegal channels, and the vast majority of the addiction problem is the result of illegal use.

So, what does NY state mentality do? Sue the LEGAL manufacturers, of course.

https://wnyt.com/news/albany-schenec...demic/5202611/

What kind of logic is that? You can't get money from the illegal distributors, so sue the folks that make it for legitimate use?

And as a side effect, make it more difficult for legitimate patients to obtain it for pain relief.
    Don't know why you used '' '' but it is an actual crisis and a big one, thousands of people die each years of overdoses. Overdoses happen quickly and the death is swift, which is why social workers are now carrying the antidote on them at all times to inject on homeless people who are experiencing OD's. This product is extremely powerful and cause addiction even to those who take it under prescriptions. Now, the problem here is that this drug is often obtained legally, and through illegal means diffused back on the streets either cut or mixed with coke or heroine or other drugs. Drug stores are often raided by criminals and the stock used to manufacture drugs or just resell.

Would you be okay with pharmaceuticals manufacturing ''legal'' heroine or cocaine?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Don't know why you used '' '' but it is an actual crisis and a big one, thousands of people die each years of overdoses. Overdoses happen quickly and the death is swift, which is why social workers are now carrying the antidote on them at all times to inject on homeless people who are experiencing OD's. This product is extremely powerful and cause addiction even to those who take it under prescriptions. Now, the problem here is that this drug is often obtained legally, and through illegal means diffused back on the streets either cut or mixed with coke or heroine or other drugs. Drug stores are often raided by criminals and the stock used to manufacture drugs or just resell.

Would you be okay with pharmaceuticals manufacturing ''legal'' heroine or cocaine?
      No.
      But these companies have been manufacturing opiate-based painkillers for decades; I believe Morphine, Novacaine and other very effective painkillers fall into this category. Why on earth should these companies suddenly find themselves on the hook for illegal use of their products? It not their fault people are using it illegally.

And more importantly, this will inevitably limit access to these drugs to people who have legitimate needs for them.

Comment

No.
        But these companies have been manufacturing opiate-based painkillers for decades; I believe Morphine, Novacaine and other very effective painkillers fall into this category. Why on earth should these companies suddenly find themselves on the hook for illegal use of their products? It not their fault people are using it illegally.

And more importantly, this will inevitably limit access to these drugs to people who have legitimate needs for them.
        read this

Fentanyl is much stronger than most other opioids—up to 100 times stronger than morphine—and is very dangerous if misused.
        Edit: the same could be said for gun control in the US, they are perfectly fine if used legitimately. But that's not the case, is it? Restricting access for powerful things such as Fentanyl is a good way to go.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

read this

Edit: the same could be said for gun control in the US, they are perfectly fine if used legitimately. But that's not the case, is it? Restricting access for powerful things such as Fentanyl is a good way to go.
          Where does it come from?

Street fentanyl can come from two sources:

illegal drug labs
          patches that have been sold by or stolen from people they were prescribed to.
          Again, Not the company's fault.

Comment

Again, Not the company's fault.
            And handing out weapons to 3rd world countries, resulting in genocide, isn't the gun manufacturers fault neither eh?
            Spoiler:

Comment

And handing out weapons to 3rd world countries, resulting in genocide, isn't the gun manufacturers fault neither eh?
              Unless it's the gun manufacturer who is handing them out, no, it's not.

Comment

Meanwhile in NK

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-k...ow-11551967478

Seems like the Deal of the century didn't go as planned
                Spoiler:

Comment

Did you actually believe it would? The "summit" was always nothing more then publicity to make Trump look good.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Did you actually believe it would? The "summit" was always nothing more then publicity to make Trump look good.
                    But he tweeted...
                    Spoiler:

Comment

He also tweeted that every person who has spoken is a liar.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        He also tweeted that every person who has spoken is a liar.
                        Words do not matter.
                        Acts do not matter.
                        History does not matter.
                        Fact's do not matter.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So, one of the freshman House Democrats issues anti-semitic remarks, prompting the House to create a resolution denouncing hate speech.

But their resolution doesn't even mention the offender, Rep. Ilhan Omar!

Imagine their outrage and response if this had been a Republican.

Comment

So, one of the freshman House Democrats issues anti-semitic remarks, prompting the House to create a resolution denouncing hate speech.

This whole news exposure charade is a stepping stone to allow anti-semitism to rise again. I recently read elsewhere on the internet that the proverbial *Trojan Horse* is no longer at the gate, but inside the USA borders now. It will also not just be anti-Semitic attitudes that will prevail, but there will also be antagonism against most other (popular) unwanted "religions" such as Christianity, and perhaps some of the lesser world-religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto, etc), as well.

Once anti-Semitic attitudes are allowed to grow, persist and increase, it will cast out the Jewish peoples as it did in Europe during WWII... Same reactions will also apply to the other *unwanted* religions / persons, as each is brought up as an issue to be (permanently) "removed" from tainting the future globalization agenda (whatever that will entail).

Also, heard it suggested that once the Democrats get back into full power of the USA gov't, they won't be in power for very long, because their encouragement of voting in more Muslims to enter USA gov't power positions----will eventually lead to Islamic Sharia law taking over and the constitution being tossed out completely. I've been hearing rumblings of this for the past several years now from different places/sources, so, it's not anything new... just new to those who deny it will ever happen. And most of those *theories* as rumors came from former Muslims, or people who were raised under Islamic countries/laws.

Comment

There is stupid, then there is the above post.
                              sigpic

Comment

Be best, unless you are my husband.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X