No announcement yet.

ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G - Good chance it's spring fever especially with all the pollen in the air this time of year.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Comment

H = Hope imzadi35 that you've been able to take some Nyquil type of relief medicine at night to at least help you sleep. I've been using the generic store brands over the years, because they're cheaper but work just as good and taste almost the same.

I = I always ended up having to sleep in nearly an 80 degree sitting position, when suffering from a horrid sinus problem, otherwise it all drips down my esophagus and into my chest, making breathing even worse.

J = Just a half dose of the suggested Nyquil amount actually helps me sleep better than taking a full dose too. I don't know why that is, but it seems to help me sleep better.

K = Keep taking for myself vitamin C (500 mg at 3 times daily) with about 12 mg. of zinc (also once daily). However, if my sinuses start over-producing more mucus than normal (including in dealing with allergy levels at their worst), I've recently discovered that taking an extra 6-10 mg of zinc helps to stop the excess mucus from forming and sort of dries it out. It helped during Christmas-time when I got exposed to too many people sneezing and wheezing.. I started getting a sore throat with cold-like symptoms and tried the extra zinc just to see if it would help, and it did! I highly recommend trying it.

L = Latest incident happened a few months ago of experiencing really, *really* bad allergies, where my eyes were watering so much that I couldn't see. One such incident happened at work, which wasn't as bad as the one that happened while I was driving and on my way to work, and couldn't see. The one eye was burning from the reaction that it hurt so much, and then the other eye decided to join in with the excessive watering up problem. Prayer was literally what got me safely to work that day.

Comment

M - My eyes were watering so badly that it looked like I was crying at one point. They still water but not as bad. The worst is not being able to breathe and not being able to sleep. And unfortunately I can't take many meds because of bad interactions with the ones I already take. For example, I take meds for my bipolar, and I have to be careful what OTC meds I take with them. I already take one to help me sleep, so I can't take another one like Nyquil. But I found one that works with my meds and also helps get rid of my cold symptoms.

N - Nyquil is good, but the meds I found that are helping are Alka Seltzer cold and flu. It works really well and won't mess with my depression meds. What's worst is when I sneeze, it hurts!

O - On the upside, I'm getting things out of my body that shouldn't be there in the first place. So I'm feeling a little better.
        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

P - Please feel better, both of you!
          (Chosen One)

Comment

Q - Quite concerned I am because now my fiancee has the same cold starting. Either that or it's his sinuses.

R - Really nice day weather-wise here. Highs in the middle 70's, light breeze, and plenty of sunshine. Lovin' it!

Comment

S - Sinus infection?
              (Chosen One)

Comment

T -- Took a long lunchbreak, in which I saw an ambulance go in a hurry and come back in a hurry. The same one, so knew he hadn't gone far. As it turns out, he had to load up a biker who got picked up by a car. It looks like it's one of my colleagues too, either the bike or the car that hit or got hit. Details are sketchy at best, but it doesn't look like the injuries are too bad. Another colleague was just telling the tale -- heard lots of laughing and funny comments. I'm going to guess, the bike is doing worse than the driver who was riding it.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

U - Unfortunately it's bronchitis and an ear infection for my fiancee. Sucks!

V - Very slowly I'm getting better, but I'm still coughing and having trouble breathing, especially at night. I've been taking meds to help, but you know how that goes...

W - Windy here tomorrow, but today there's a light breeze and temps around 79 degrees F. What a gorgeous Spring day here!

Comment

XYZ - I rented Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them today.

A - Absolutely fun movie!

B - Bet you didn't know that Johnny Depp was in it. Or maybe you did.
                    (Chosen One)

Comment

C - Considering that today is devoted to most mom's in the USA, Happy Mother's Day to our moms, wherever they may be!!!

Comment

D - Didn't know that, FH. Thanks for the info!

E - Eyes have something wrong with them. Not sure what or how to describe it though. So will see my eye doctor as soon as I can.

F - Farkle is a game much like Yatzee. Have any of you played it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                          D - Didn't know that, FH. Thanks for the info!
                          G -- Got more mathematical equations, if you like. Not all of them make sense to me but they are esthetically pleasing.

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                          F - Farkle is a game much like Yatzee. Have any of you played it yet?
                          [/COLOR][/B]
                          H -- How does it work?

Comment

I - I found this... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farkle

Comment

J -- Just gave it a read, and it looks interesting. Reminds me of the game Worms, we always play with friends and with kids of friencds.

Comment

K - Kool game from what I read.

L - Like to let y'all know of a game I made up. It's called 'Quintet' and involves the use of playing cards.

M - Mostly in my head for now, but once I work out the rules, I'll let y'all know how it's played.
                                (Chosen One)

Comment

Working...
                                X