ABC's of Stargate ver.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    U - uuups, we don't live in the Middle Ages any more!!! If there is a great Arbitrary anywhere looking down on us - why should he condemn homosexuality?
    Because God, or the great Arbitrary as you call Him, hates ALL sin, and that includes being gay. He says that being homosexual is a detestable sin. And the Bible isn't just an old book. I believe every word of it, especially the New Testament where Jesus says to love one another as you love yourself. But Paul, one of Jesus' disciples also says, "Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God." (1 Cor. 6:9-10, NLT) I know that God loves all His children, but hates the sins they do. I believe that. I also believe that I and others like me will get persecuted for our faith in Christ and God as well. But enough of this and let's get back to our regularly scheduled ABC's of Stargate!

I - I know when I'm not feeling well, I try to drink lots of tea with honey to loosen the phlegm in my throat, like from a cold or something. I prefer orange herbal tea. Yum!

J - Just want to say get well soon to all who don't feel well right now.
    Last edited by imzadi35; 12 April 2016, 08:14 PM.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

K - know it's your right to believe what you've written, but it's my right to say I don't believe.
      L - losing I'm not when I say nobody will punish me for not living according to the Bible
      M - my life is in my hands, no one else's
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

N - No worries, Imzadie, I'm not interested in inheriting anyone's kingdom but my own. I'm just curious how you view LGBT's if you believe every word written in that old book. Would you discriminate on gender, sexuality, race, faith?

G - good time to remember?
        H - hard days???
        O - Oh, like you have no idea. Waiting in line for RDA was worth it, even though we didn't get to see anything else due to the long waiting times. And yes, the rest of the two days was spend standing guard near the gate handing people my Sodan staff, telling them it's heavier than it looks, pose for photos, tell people not to touch the event horizon or to stand on the highest step. Hard work indeed.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

P - pics???
          Q - question: was it worth it?
          R - real dream came true?
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

[B]P - pics???
            S - Shall post some later when I'm home from work.

Q - question: was it worth it?
            R - real dream came true?
            T - Totally worth it, as is every other convention weekend. But no, it wasn't a dream come true. There are other actors I wish to see more than RDA. At the top of the list is still Claire Rankin (Kate Heightmeyer).

Comment

U - Understanding spiritual things of the Bible can only come from the (Holy) Spirit. Those who chose to live otherwise, or apart from the ways of what the bible has written, is their life, and they are responsible for their own actions, as much as the "believer" (in the Biblical Word-- both Hebrew and Greek Testaments) will give an account of their life before God, when the time comes. It's not an *If* -- but a *When*..

V - Various things and thoughts are consuming my time and mind.. came across some
              W - Wonderful info that I'd like to share elsewhere.. but too much going on with my health to write more on it..
              X - X-rays found from years ago, that I thought didn't need any more, but it's good to keep such things, because
              Y - You'll never know when you might need them again for a new doctor to review and maybe compare current data testing with old stuff from a few years ago. Deterioration rate in this case.

Z - Zzzzzzz's I need to catch up on.. but first,

A - A request --for all you un-Bible / unbelievers on here, can we please just agree that we disagree on what we encounter with or not -- as it is mentioned in the Bible..? Yes, it's a struggle to deal with communication issues on things that the Bible states should be dealt with in one way, but the secular/liberal world views it differently. And the twain will never -- ever seem to meet.
              ..imzadi35 is strong in her beliefs, this I

B - Believe. But there are things that are difficult for us believers to live with and still not have our own friends and family come down against us. But that is what the Bible states will happen. I have a wedding to go to, where I disagree with the idea of two females marrying each other, they are best friends, and I know I'm not going just for the wedding. This is my family. We've already been torn apart before, because of a Biblical misunderstanding. To sever this next tie that binds would only aggravate that -- yet, in the eyes of biblical commands, we alone (individually) will give account of why we did *what* we did, for each commandment we broke before a Holy God. BTW, I had to look this up--the whole "man with a man" (and implying "woman with a woman") is NOT one of the BIG Ten commandments -- where God's own hand wrote in the tablet of stone "thou shalt..." whatever, but one of the later ones written into the 663 LAWs of the Hebrews
              (see Exodus 20:1-17 compare with Leviticus 20:13--which were not written on the stone tablets by God's own hand). Well, maybe if there is a hope, that might be it (slim pickens, but..). But I'm not going to read more into this than what is already there.

C - Cherish I do, the lives of my relatives who are marrying each other (same gender). One has always wanted to marry any of her best girlfriends, the other (we're guessing at the moment) may have gotten talked into it, because her circumstances forced her out of a hetero-marriage (find a safe haven from her crazy ex-husband). That is all I think I need to say at this moment. I love my relatives very much, and am not there to control their life, but I can only hope/pray God will be merciful and gracious to both of them, and they'll be with the rest of their family in eternal paradise, someday into the future. I don't know the answer, even tho it seems pretty clear in what is in the book of Leviticus. I do know that my current relative is certainly more hygienic than another relative I had who lived that way in the most obscene manner(s) and died from AIDS as a result of his living with unhygienic (unsanitary) habits. Caring personalities wasn't the issue, but poor hygiene habits are what killed off my other relative.

Comment

D - Do you really know who wrote the words oh so many years ago??
                E - Everything is genuine, nothing added by whoever wanted to add sth?
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  S - Shall post some later when I'm home from work.
                  F - For Anja --> images from our props (minus the Stargate) from FACTS in Ghent

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                  A - A request --for all you un-Bible / unbelievers on here, can we please just agree that we disagree on what we encounter with or not -- as it is mentioned in the Bible..?
                  G - Given the fact that it's believers (of any religion) to use that religion to create laws to wilfully discriminate on the basis of "religious freedom" -- that's where the problem starts. Seperation of church and state should have decent meaning, but it clearly doesn't or SCOTUS wouldn't have had to rule whether equal marriage should be legal or not. You believe in the word of God (or Gods and Goddesses) - fine, be that way but don't expect others who don't believe in to follow your same rules and regulations.
                  As an atheist I don't care what the Bible or the Quran or Thora says -- I am a human being, with different believes, different life, different feelings, but I am still a human being, gay and genderqueer. Respect thy fellow man/woman, and respect shall be returned! Thank you.

D - Do you really know who wrote the words oh so many years ago??

H - Handwriting Dating to the Seventh Century B.C. Analyzed. To answer the question: mortal men who wrote down the oral stories.

E - Everything is genuine, nothing added by whoever wanted to add sth?
                  I - I bet you my life they took some liberties here and there.

J - Just a question to Imzadi: if you take every word of the Bible as gospel, does that mean your are obedient to your other half? Do you not eat pork? No tattoos? Or do you pick and choose?

Comment

K - know what? Great props!!!!
                    L - likely, that many people added to the Bible's content
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

M - Mailed out the tax forms a few days early. Hope I didn't make a mistake, unless it was in my favor.

N - Next on the To Do list: repairs.
                      Total syffy posts: 36,690
                      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                      Matthew 5:9

Comment

O - Oh, rats. Letters M&N got taken. So, I'll cram them into this one.
                        Before I heard the Bible declare it was a "sin" to have the same gender with the same gender -- as in "marriage" -- I used to wonder why girls couldn't marry girls.. But never had any girlfriends who wanted to marry a girl.. they all wanted a boy.. to make babies. Now that procedure gets bypassed via artificial means. Yet, even giving birth, the mom still gets cut open or snipped.. my sister got snipped with natural childbirth and I still cannot deal with the pain of having to go to the bathroom after -- it burns!

P - Pains.. Some males blame (Biblical) Eve for a woman's pains, so it's just so unfair for *any* he's to become she's and not experience what us ladies have to go thru. Nothing Biblical in that reaction -- just "FAIR is FAIR" or equal rights in that sense..! Guys consider themselves *lucky* -- even the ones cheating with hormone treatments.. missing out on the internal baby carriage and the monthly female cycling stuff that comes with that...

As an atheist I don't care what the Bible or the Quran or Thora says -- I am a human being, with different believes, different life, different feelings, but I am still a human being, gay and genderqueer. Respect thy fellow man/woman, and respect shall be returned! Thank you
                        P - People.. (continued letter)
                        Same here. Do you honestly believe I'm going to bash my beautiful relative over the head, because she chose a different path in life than the one I live? The only issues I have is how delicately must I be around other people, when I've pondered some strange thoughts myself in these many years gone by..? Am I not allowed to share some of my most innermost thoughts to break down some potential barriers and invisible walls from my family's preconceived ideas? I was forced to go down that route of hiding the real me, and it hurt not only myself, but the person I knew wouldn't listen if I said something(s) a certain way. Well, while one of the inspiring instigators got proud over such a moment, another person, who I hold HIGH on my list basically frowned at what happened; and since I know he has the *heart* of Jesus, he prayed for healing to occur instead. It did. Obviously, I don't want the wounds to open up again (same family side).

The Hebrew Laws were written specifically for the Hebrews to live out -- to be separate from the world, chosen by "G-d" (as they write it).. and reinforced by Paul, also a Jew, member of the Holy Sanhedrin (priesthood), who repeated what he was taught from the Hebrew scriptures. Revelation reinforces info from older scriptures, so both sides must somehow connect..? Are we 100% sure of that? Some people say yes, other folks say no. It's not my place to play judge and jury.. lest I be judged in similar fashion by a Being far superior than anyone in my human family.

...Do you not eat pork? No tattoos? Or do you pick and choose?
                        Q - Quickly I missed posting these...but in my world (POV), What a silly question.
                        ..M - Meat!! Bacon.. yummmmmmmmmmmm! crispy bacon cooked the proper way, not half raw. I've got pulled pork in the fridge -- tastes super *delish* with sweet BBQ (beef ribs/pork) sauce! And how can you make an omelet without bacon, mushrooms, and onions? The taste changes without the bacon. Smother it in Maple Syrup and the bacon is hardly noticeable. Of course, scrambled eggs with bacon and liver, and mushrooms, and onions and maybe a pre-cooked hot dog -- the way my dad used to toss everything in and mix it up, smother it with ketchup, and Oooooooo yummmy! Getting hungry just thinking about that.

R - Reactions to
                        ..N - Nature's laws of science and medicine[/b] have always ruled in my world (totally apart from religion). If it hurts, don't do it! Thus, since I've been enough of a pin cushion with over a decade of allergy shots, tatoos are out. The ink runs anyway once the years age your skin. Ask any sailor who's had them done for being macho. Years ago, when I worked as a cashier, I had some guy come to my register and showed me his tatooed arms.. he said "if you're smart -- don't do it, cause the ink starts to blur after so many years. It's not worth having them redone, either." Sage advice. I've heard it reinforced by other folks, too. Never had a desire for tatoos anyway.
                        ..Same with earrings.. get skin rashes in and around the ears (seborrheic dermatitis), so it's not worth bothering getting my ears pierced just for *show*.
                        ..Same with drinking alcoholic beverages. Nyquil, Rock'N'Rye, and Brandy are for cold medicines and help me sleep (half dose works better than a full dose, too). Anything else (liquor) just tastes awful. Never touched the lot just because it's the *social* thing to do.

Comment

S - Sure I eat pork, obey my boyfriend, but I do not have and will not get a tattoo, because I HATE needles! Ouch! And I don't know all the laws and rules in the Bible as I haven't read it all the way through, but I still believe in the Book. If it says Jesus wept, then He wept. If it says don't kill someone, or don't steal, I don't. I don't drink alcohol, either, mainly because I can't stand the taste. But mostly because alcohol killed two of my brothers. So I won't drink. However, I've tried it to know I don't like the taste of it though.

T - The Bible was written by many, but they wrote what Jehovah God and/or Jesus said or did.

U - Understand that I'm telling you what millions around the world believe, not just me. I know there are those who don't, and I feel bad for them because Jesus is coming back, and sooner than many of us want to believe.

V - Very breezy again here today, but it was almost 80 degrees and sunny here. But now there's good chances of rain in the forecast here for the next few days. That's good because we really need it!
                          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

XYZ - XYZ tell us about reincarnation and coming back and stuff like that
                            A - absolutely impossible for me with all those genetic combinations
                            B - believers and unbelievers, it doesn't matter what you believe but it matters how you treat the others, there is no right or wrong!
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

B - believers and unbelievers, it doesn't matter what you believe but it matters how you treat the others, there is no right or wrong![/B]
                              C - Can I just say, this ^^

D - Don't have to feel bad, imzadi, non-believers don't care whether your messiah returns or not. They have other things to care about. And thank you for your answer, much appreciated.

E - Everything I care about is very earthly in nature... my soul belongs to mother nature and no-one else. When I die, she will embrace me into her bosom and I shall lie in her arms for all eternity.

Comment

F - Friend of mine I've known for over 12 years has passed away a couple of days ago.

G - Going to miss her a lot.
                                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                                X