No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one is easy to solve. Pass by any means necessary without regard for being polite or "nice". If someone is rude enough to be interfering with my progress by blocking traffic, I'm not too concerned with their impression of me.

To wit: The obstructions should have been knocked into the flowerpot.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
      ....twice now at Disney World I fell into a flowerpot.
      Cannot be unseen...

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      To wit: The obstructions should have been knocked into the flowerpot.
      What he said.

***/***

Rapidly becoming more of a problem than a peeve:

Software crashing and the refusing to start.
      I just lost an hour trying to get the bloody Scriptura software to work again.
      Oh, how much I hate that program, with the heat of 10,000 hot suns. Or something...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

People that intentionally make you have to walk slow behind them or risk ramming headlong into the wall or tree by going around them..... twice now at Disney World I fell into a flowerpot. Not these are NOT old folks with canes but people glued to their phones
        Indeed..Fell...

Comment

In my thoughts, a new, yet unsettling, saying come to mind: "The meek are meat and the powerful are hungry."
          Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

Or a variation:
            "The powerful are hungry and the meek are on the menu."

Total syffy posts: 36,690
            (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
            Matthew 5:9

Comment

Lazy people. Why am I working twice as hard when people do nothing
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Lazy people. Why am I working twice as hard when people do nothing
                To fill in for the people working 4 times as hard?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

People that constantly use words such as "like" every few seconds. Do they have something wrong with them?
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

People that intentionally make you have to walk slow behind them or risk ramming headlong into the wall or tree by going around them..... twice now at Disney World I fell into a flowerpot. Not these are NOT old folks with canes but people glued to their phones

Just how big are the flowerpots? Or how small are you?

I'd have shoved past those rude people.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I have a HUGE pet peeve right now. There's this lever in the US usually on the left hand side of the steering wheel called a turn signal. In ancient times people used it to let others around them know which direction they were going. Nowadays, no one uses it because they expect the people around them to just know or else read their minds as to which direction they're wanting to go in. It infuriates me that they don't use it, mainly because I can't read their minds. Besides, in my state at least, it's the law to use one.
                      Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                      (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

It's optional to cars -- many don't choose it. Probably too expansive to add to the package.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          It's optional to cars -- many don't choose it. Probably too expansive to add to the package.
                          Even if you don't have turn signals as part of the vehicle, the law (at least in NY) requires you to use hand signals to signal your turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            Even if you don't have turn signals as part of the vehicle, the law (at least in NY) requires you to use hand signals to signal your turns.
                            Notwithstanding I was kidding, local law states that every motorized vehicle should have them. Cyclists don't have to indicate where they're going - they are probably the only ones on the road not obliged to do so by law. But if you favor your life as a cyclists, always - always stretch that arm out as far as it can go.

Comment

heh. Unless you're in a very rural area, if you favor your life as a cyclist, stay off the highways.

They can pass all the laws they want granting cyclists right of way or whatever, but nothing beats the laws of physics which state that bicycle vs car in an accident always ends badly for the cyclist.

Comment

That is indeed true (she says from experience as the cyclist, although my case wasn't a right of way case but a case of car stopping, cyclist stopping and then both taking the first turn to continue our journeys).

Comment

Working...
                                X