Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Hey, at least they're making it to your doorstep.

https://wreg.com/2018/12/11/amazon-d...customer-says/

There were many such reports last holiday season. I miss the days when they used UPS/FedEx. Their own delivery service seems to suck.
    yeah...making it to the doorstep...shortly before getting swiped by package thieves

Comment

When people don't pick up the dog poop in their yard and the smell wafts over to yours.

Comment

Just retailers in general these days.

Nice day I had today. I needed to take a cat to the vet for a blood test, and since that blew the day, I tried to get other things done.

My dishwasher is on its last broken leg, so I'm looking to replace it. I had found a really nice used unit, that I had intended on purchasing last weekend. Went to get it today.. They showed me a beat up dw that wasn't the same one I looked at. Bait & switch. Bye-Bye.

Ok, next item. I need to do an oil change on my boat. It requires straight 30W motor oil, not common in today's multi-viscosity world.
        Internet lookups say that a local big box store has suitable oil, quantity 9 in stock.
        This place is a traffic nightmare to get to, and worse to get out (that's another rant altogether). But I need the oil, and I don't want to wait for Kerblam!.

They only have 4 qts in stock. Boat takes 6 Qts. Game over. Ordered from Kerblam!

Next, I needed a specific food for one of my cats, not sold in walmart, target, etc.. Gotta go to a pet store. And they're out of stock on that,

Ya know, if I didn't know better, I would swear that they are trying to drive people to buy online rather than brick & mortar stores.

Comment

Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old fart, but, there's a con I go to every September and I'm thinking of giving it a miss this year.

Of the four guests they've announced so far for this year, the only one I've heard of is the guy who voices Mario, and even then that's only because he was a guest at this same con couple of years ago.

Anime, Manga and gaming aren't my thing. If they're your thing, that's fine with me. Have at it, enjoy yourself.

I just wish there was a bit more variety in the guests.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

People who have to stick it to you that you live in the wrong country and therefor are unable to order merchandise due to licenses not covering your country. Instead they could offer to be a go-between, or offer up information to get this particular item (a book in this case) some other way.

I mean, "You might have friends in the .... who could maybe help out here.", sounds so much better than "It's a .... series, so deal with it." -- TWIT!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              People who have to stick it to you that you live in the wrong country and therefor are unable to order merchandise due to licenses not covering your country. Instead they could offer to be a go-between, or offer up information to get this particular item (a book in this case) some other way.

I mean, "You might have friends in the .... who could maybe help out here.", sounds so much better than "It's a .... series, so deal with it." -- TWIT!
              So why are you living in the wrong country?

This is a P.I.T.A. for everyone. For example, I believe CBS is letting Netflix (or one of the streamers) to carry Discovery and the other upcoming Star Trek shows, but we here in the states have to pay for their CBS streaming service.

Damned lawyers.

Comment

Trying to order something for my mum online, and the website being spectacularly unhelpful.

Screw it, I can phone them on Monday morning.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

So why are you living in the wrong country?
                  I'll blame my lineage.

This is a P.I.T.A. for everyone. For example, I believe CBS is letting Netflix (or one of the streamers) to carry Discovery and the other upcoming Star Trek shows, but we here in the states have to pay for their CBS streaming service.
                  Actually, it's only Discovery that's worldwide available on Netflix -- a day after it airs in the USA on CBS All-access.

Picard isn't available on Netflix. That's gonna be on Amazon Prime, which is in fact not worldwide available. Which I'm peeved about. The Discovery shorts weren't available on Netflix either, and the short interview clips were geolocked altogether online for everyone outside of the USA (hence why I stopped following the official account and blocked them from my feed).

New peeve to add...

Went to Pairi Daiza -- it's a zoo with lots of different animals. Some not available to see anywhere else in our near vicinity such as three Panda bears, and a couple of Axylotl's. The Tasmanian Devil was a first too since the one in another zoo nearby is always asleep or hiding inside.

Anywho...

This particular zoo isn't open for close to 6 months so people can only visit between April and October. The Panda bears are incredibly popular (the female just gave birth to twins) so the place gets a whole lot of visitors -- too many if you ask me.

Anyway, they also allow people redicilously close to the animals. The seals were literally lying on a beach, and only a low hanging rope was seperating them from the walkpath. Therefore, kids could easily hop the rope and approach the animals "to pet them". SEALS ARE ****IN' WILD ANIMALS!! THEY BITE YOUR FINGERS CLEAN OFF!

Parents just looking at the seals going, "Aw, look how cute!". Me, who has been up close and personal with a seal in the wild while kayaking in Ireland, "No ma'am, they're not cute and cuddly. They're wild animals and not for petting."

There are plaques warning visitors the animals "May bite" -- a clear warning that you should refrain from petting the animals. Nope, not happening.

The Lemurs could roam free so obviously they would jump in your neck or squatted down on prams (which were popular -- probably because of crumbs left by the kids). There were plaques telling visitors not to pet or feed the Lemurs, nor to pull their tails because THEY BITE!!
                  Guess how many we see pulling the animals' tails, trying to pet them and grab them for pictures... Unbelievable.

I applaud the one monkey in the same enclosure as the Lemurs (they're not monkeys) who snapped at a visitor who tried to disturb it while it was licking something sweet off the ground.

And then I'm not even gonna start on parents who just have no authority over their kids and find them dangling over a wall, the wire with electrical current just inches from their faces, and a hungry lion 4 meters below that.
                  And if the kid falls, it's always the animal's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    And to return to a well worn topic - delivery drivers leaving packages on my doorstep, not ringing the bell, not knocking on the door, and just buggering off back to their vehicle again.

I only found out the damn thing had been delivered when I checked the online tracking information.
                    I tape a Post-It on the front door for the delivery person to knock on the door and ring the bell. That seems to work.
                    Total syffy posts: 36,690
                    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                    Matthew 5:9

Comment

New peeve to add...

Went to Pairi Daiza -- it's a zoo with lots of different animals. Some not available to see anywhere else in our near vicinity such as three Panda bears, and a couple of Axylotl's. The Tasmanian Devil was a first too since the one in another zoo nearby is always asleep or hiding inside.

Anywho...

This particular zoo isn't open for close to 6 months so people can only visit between April and October. The Panda bears are incredibly popular (the female just gave birth to twins) so the place gets a whole lot of visitors -- too many if you ask me.

Anyway, they also allow people redicilously close to the animals. The seals were literally lying on a beach, and only a low hanging rope was seperating them from the walkpath. Therefore, kids could easily hop the rope and approach the animals "to pet them". SEALS ARE ****IN' WILD ANIMALS!! THEY BITE YOUR FINGERS CLEAN OFF!

Parents just looking at the seals going, "Aw, look how cute!". Me, who has been up close and personal with a seal in the wild while kayaking in Ireland, "No ma'am, they're not cute and cuddly. They're wild animals and not for petting."

There are plaques warning visitors the animals "May bite" -- a clear warning that you should refrain from petting the animals. Nope, not happening.

The Lemurs could roam free so obviously they would jump in your neck or squatted down on prams (which were popular -- probably because of crumbs left by the kids). There were plaques telling visitors not to pet or feed the Lemurs, nor to pull their tails because THEY BITE!!
                      Guess how many we see pulling the animals' tails, trying to pet them and grab them for pictures... Unbelievable.

I applaud the one monkey in the same enclosure as the Lemurs (they're not monkeys) who snapped at a visitor who tried to disturb it while it was licking something sweet off the ground.

And then I'm not even gonna start on parents who just have no authority over their kids and find them dangling over a wall, the wire with electrical current just inches from their faces, and a hungry lion 4 meters below that.
                      And if the kid falls, it's always the animal's fault.
                      And of, the innocent animal is put down, rather than the brain-dead parents who allowed their snotnosed brat to climb into the animal's habitat in the first place. Then the lawyers get their games going...

Comment

Weird bus times at weekends.

I was at a con yesterday, and going again today. The venue is fairly local, involving a bus journey of just under an hour (plus or minus ten minutes depending on traffic).

So, yesterday, I was at the bus stop in plenty of time - thinking there'd be one going where I needed to go in around ten minutes or so. Half an hour I waited.

Today, I need to leave in just under an hour's time to get the only bus going anywhere near the venue for two hours.

I hate not being able to drive.
                        sigpic

Comment

I hate not being able to drive.
                          Can always learn to drive.

Comment

Might be medical or legal restrictions we know nothing about.

Comment

Might be medical or legal restrictions we know nothing about.
                              Lack of money. If I'm liable to be unemployed for nine months of the year, I really couldn't afford to buy and maintain a car.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lack of money. If I'm liable to be unemployed for nine months of the year, I really couldn't afford to buy and maintain a car.
                                Car sharing? Rental?

Car sharing is popular in my part of the world.
                                Just like renting a car, but cheaper and covered by insurance (also through the car share system).

Comment

Working...
                                X