• Show
Clear All

Nope, I am tempted to now.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
      Ok, where is the logic ??

Narrow 2 lane road with center turn lane...... enough space for TWO LANES in either direction in addition to center turn lane....

Bike path takes up a good third of what COULD BE an entirely new lane.... side walk RIGHT FREAKING THERE

Where is the dang logic ??

Bikes dont need a lane, USE THE DANG SIDEWALK IT IS RIGHT THERE!!

I am tempted to link a George Carlin video concerning this exact topic.....

Dont get me started on political things
      As to my point earlier not every place has sidewalks. Walking or biking in the middle of the street is one thing. But drivers not being mindful of people on the shoulder is just as idiotic. Everyone needs to be aware of their surrondings at all times
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        JerkHoles on Bicycles that think they don't have to obey traffic laws.
        Agreed. I've lost count of the # of times i have seen someone on a 21speed just BREEZE through an intersection, or swerve in and out of traffic, going off road (onto the pavement) then back on the road when space allows.. ALL while not having lights on/reflectors, the bikist, NOT signaling with his or her hands and NOT using helmets..

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        How do you feel about leaving them in the morgue? That's my issue; if one of the damned things screws up and ends up underneath my truck, he's gonna be dead, and even if its not my fault in any way I'm still going to feel like shiznit, and likely face legal expenses as his heirs try to become independently wealthy.
        In some cities i've lived in, no matter whether HE was at fault for the accident or not, YOU the car driver are legally liable for him (or her) which to me is stupid as hell.. IF THEY cause the accident, it shouldn't matter if YOU are a bike or a car, YOU SHOULD BE to blame..

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        I've had one of those idiots take a left turn from the far right lane directly (roughly a foot and change) in front of me before. Yes, I was able to stop, but just by the skin of her teeth. Only knocked her down, rather than a Darwin award. Listening to the damned phone via earbuds.
        That's one thing i would LOVE too see cops crack down on.. Just like they do with texting and driving, Go after those on BIKES with earphones in, or no helmets (since by law they are required to have a helmet on and legally CAN NOT block their ears)..

Comment

Totally agree with this.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

I can now add drivers who refuse to dim their lights when passing on a dark road to my list of pet peeves.

However, you blind me and I blind you! Two can play that game.
            Usually that'll get the message across though.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I can now add drivers who refuse to dim their lights when passing on a dark road to my list of pet peeves.

However, you blind me and I blind you! Two can play that game.
              Usually that'll get the message across though.
              Heh. I do that too. And I have considerably more candlepower available than the stock high-beams via aftermarket lighting. Flick those on and it doesn't matter if the guy gets the message or not, I can still see.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                As to my point earlier not every place has sidewalks. Walking or biking in the middle of the street is one thing. But drivers not being mindful of people on the shoulder is just as idiotic. Everyone needs to be aware of their surrondings at all times
                I think you are missing my pooint, there is a freakin SIDEWALK RIGHT THERE only a METER to the right or left of the bike lane. But they have a freakin BIKE LANE where what should be a normal car lane should be {I wouldnt mind it any if it were a dedicated BUS LANE rather than a stupidly wide BIKE LANE}

There's a side walk on either side odf this road, you dont need a bike lane to take up roadspace at all.

I'll shut up on this top and move to a new one.

People whos brights are on.... behind you

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Because a sidewalk and pedestrian area is not a bike area.

I don't know if you've ever been hit by a bike as a pedestrian but I can assure you the experience is less than pleasant.

Each moving thing in their own space is a-okay by me: bus lane, car lane (or car-free zones as there are in my city), bike lane and sidewalk / pedestrians-only areas.

Comment

I find myself thinking that a "biker's interstate system" that runs in parallel with our current interstate system would be an interesting endeavor

Comment

Yeah, in some places its illegal to ride your back on the sidewalk...which is why they are SUPPOSED TO OBEY TRAFFIC LAWS!
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Because a sidewalk and pedestrian area is not a bike area.

I don't know if you've ever been hit by a bike as a pedestrian but I can assure you the experience is less than pleasant.

Each moving thing in their own space is a-okay by me: bus lane, car lane (or car-free zones as there are in my city), bike lane and sidewalk / pedestrians-only areas.
                        It's a lot less pleasant for the bicyclist in a car/bike accident. Lesser chance of harm. Back to the sidewalk with them!

Comment

Or you know you could watch the road including the bike lane like a responsible driver
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Or you know you could watch the road including the bike lane like a responsible driver
                            Road Responsibility is the Responsibility of EVERYONE using the Road.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              I find myself thinking that a "biker's interstate system" that runs in parallel with our current interstate system would be an interesting endeavor

Maybe the LSOS could make that a thing, bring in some jobs ... MAGA
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                                We have bike highways -- bike lanes separate from the road, connecting major cities with one another.

If I had the stamina for it (which I don't at the moment) I could take the bike to work -- 50km -- and never even cross a car. I also don't have a bike (so that's probably a bit of a problem as well).

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                                Yeah, in some places its illegal to ride your back on the sidewalk...which is why they are SUPPOSED TO OBEY TRAFFIC LAWS!
                                Considering traffic laws are more guidelines than actual rules in Belgium -- -- chances of that happening are zero to none.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Maybe the LSOS could make that a thing, bring in some jobs ... MAGA
                                Now, you're gettin' it.

Comment

Working...
                                X