No announcement yet.

Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean, you don't like LED-lighting cheering places up?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      since LED bulbs have come down in cost we've started changing out all our bulbs replacing the incandescents as they burn out

my pet peeve is that LED's don't seem to work well as appliance bulbs in our oven....had an LED appliance bulb in there and the diodes melted when I ran a self-cleaning cycle on the oven (a procedure that generates a lot of heat as that feature is designed to convert burnt on crap in the bottom of the oven to ash)

so chances are until they can make the diodes more heat resistant I'll probably still have to use incandescent in the oven

Comment

LED-lighting on children's shoes. It's not like they are going to a 90's rave.
        Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
        Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Or making my PC look trashy and gaudy. No I don't like LED's on every internal part. NO Get out of my PC.

I want my PC to be functional not gaudy and trashy.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I like LED's. Most of the lights in my home are LED by now.
            Only place I don't like them is Christmas lighting. They just don't have the right colors down pat yet. Particularly the yellows and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              I like LED's. Most of the lights in my home are LED by now.
              Only place I don't like them is Christmas lighting. They just don't have the right colors down pat yet. Particularly the yellows and oranges.

LED home lighting is good. I have those in our house and they really do save on power.

Comment

Not sure if it would count as a pet peeve or not but one thing that bugs me these days. With all the talk we see year after year with this or that sports star (NFL/NBA etc) getting done for steroids, sexual assaults, and all sorts of other things that would (IMO) put players of those sports as NOT ideal role models to be supported by sponsors, we KEEP seeing them in various ads being given multi-million sponsorship deals..

BUT then we have all these athletes on American ninja warrior doing such wondrous things, inspiring millions of people all over.. BUT yet i have yet to see a single one being sponsored by any company?

YES we see ANW itself being sponsored by Pom wonderful, but that's like "american express official sponsor of the NFL" compared to "Mr Manning sponsored by papajohns"..

Comment

Because American Ninja Warriors aren't global enough.

They have to bring in revenue and localised revenue is all nice but big sponsors think bigger than American.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    LED home lighting is good. I have those in our house and they really do save on power.
                    I know.....that's why we're working on replacing all of our bulbs with LED's as the ones we have burn out......the power we've been saving on is great....at the moment we're still using a little bit more than our average neighbors according to our power company but I think compared to the last time we got a report on our power usage our consumption of electrical power was down almost by half

just wish LED bulbs were more heat resistant so that the self-clean cycle on my oven won't melt the diodes >.<

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      just wish LED bulbs were more heat resistant so that the self-clean cycle on my oven won't melt the diodes >.<
                      Unless you leave the oven door open 24x7, the few seconds it is on each day won't use enough to be noticed. Not worth putting an LED in there in the first place.

Comment

Unless you leave the oven door open 24x7, the few seconds it is on each day won't use enough to be noticed. Not worth putting an LED in there in the first place.
                        I know...but that just means that if I could put an LED in there I'd likely wouldn't have to buy another bulb for the oven ever again

but alas....the first and last time I put an LED bulb in there it practically disintegrated by the time the self-clean cycle I was running just a few short weeks of having installed the bulb was over with

Comment

Yeah but if he can't get a replacement for that particular oven he's kind of screwed.

Comment

OK this peeves me a little.

Buy something in Melbourne on Monday and it won't arrive here in Adelaide till the following Monday. Why so long?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Yeah but if he can't get a replacement for that particular oven he's kind of screwed.
                              heh. I have a fondness for Lava lamps, and before they were banned, I stocked up on the incandescent bulbs that provide the light and heat to make them work. I've got about 40 of those bulbs stashed in the attic.

Comment

They're banned? This is more reason to cherish the one my grandfather gave me
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X