Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Your perception of depth is impaired, you mean to say.

That's the word... That.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      That's the word... That.
      I had a colleague at my previous job who suffered the same impairement to his vision.
      He was a good guy but whenever he offered to drive us anywhere we politely declined cause he wasn't even supposed to be behind the wheel of his car.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        It's not that....... It is the fact it's hard to see the solder pads. I have problems with things like catching a ball too. Judging distances and spacial movement. The reaction times just are not there.
        Hey, I have that, too. My hand-eye coordination sucks royally too, so I know how you feel.
        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Has anyone walked directly behind your car as you were backing up?
          Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

My car has sensors in the back so yes, multiple times do I hear the proximity alert.

Comment

Yes, it happens a lot. I think a lot of people have become accustomed to newer cars having sensors, and in the case of really new, automatic brakes that stop them being run over.

It makes parking interesting for the likes of me who has a keep fit car (I call it a keep fit car because the only bit of electronics it has on it is the ECU for the engine, everything else is manual).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                Yes, it happens a lot. I think a lot of people have become accustomed to newer cars having sensors, and in the case of really new, automatic brakes that stop them being run over.

It makes parking interesting for the likes of me who has a keep fit car (I call it a keep fit car because the only bit of electronics it has on it is the ECU for the engine, everything else is manual).
                Sounds like a screening test for Darwin award winners.
                Deliberately walking behind a car that is backing up, depending upon the automatics to save your sorry existence is a damned stupid stunt. What if the system is disabled? Broken? Or the owner didn't buy that option?

Comment

People generally don't care and just walk.

Comment

^^ This, and they see people on the tv get hit by cars and walk away, or stepping off a crashing motocycle at 80mph and shooting the tyres out of the following car, so think they can do the same.

People have become disconnected from reality, I have at least one person a week try to obtain a Dawrin Award in the local supermarket from my rear bumper.

What annoys me more is the impatient moron who tries to drive through the gap behind me at the same time....

Comment

I look behind while backing up out of a parking space, but there's still that blind spot. Even beforehand I'll look in both directions behind my car then back out very, very slowly constantly turning my head just in case.
                      (Chosen One)

Comment

Yeah that's the same reason none of the Darwin wanabies ever get their wish around me, despite their best efforts.

Comment

Stupid speeding drivers

Longstory short, Dont cut off semi trucks, they really hate that

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Didn't you know they own the road by virtue of their size? LOL Just kidding.
                            (Chosen One)

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                              Didn't you know they own the road by virtue of their size? LOL Just kidding.
                              Legally, no they don't.
                              But as a practical matter, for anyone who wishes to avoid getting a Darwin award, they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                Stupid speeding drivers

Longstory short, Dont cut off semi trucks, they really hate that
                                !

Did you survive?

*carries ^ to the Evil Lab of Evil*

PH will fix Tey!

Comment

Working...
                                X